Home The Bridge

ETA of next mega-event?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering for planning purposes, when the next mega event is likely to take place. It would seem 1st week in August could be likely, but at the present rate/trend this would put it out of sync with a Christmas Holiday mega-event like last year, so I was wondering if it will be middle of the month (or later), any body good on guesstimating this?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    mud larking clear, thanks again Data for your input.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like we've been much closer to the launch date in the past when hearing about some of them. Didn't we only find out about the DiscoAndorian mega like a week before it started?
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully not for a long time. starting to hate megas
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just wondering for planning purposes, when the next mega event is likely to take place. It would seem 1st week in August could be likely, but at the present rate/trend this would put it out of sync with a Christmas Holiday mega-event like last year, so I was wondering if it will be middle of the month (or later), any body good on guesstimating this?

Actually one in August would not preclude having one o'er Christmas if they do every other month rather than every 8 weeks. You'd have August, October, December potentially ending around Christmas. (Could go Dec 3rd through the 28th...)

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a 2 month delay between the first and second megas. Ever since, they've come every-other-month.

Personally, I wish they were a quarterly thing (ever 3 months) but no one from DB asked me.
  • 60 of 9 {DD}60 of 9 {DD} ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If the mess that is currently in full swing (see Engineering Room thread on Independence Pack Bug) isn't resolved in short order and favorably, scheduling a Mega will be putting pearls on a pig.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery will come back early 2019, not this year anymore.
    edited July 2018
    Well, we have events every week anyway, so 4 seperate events or 4 tied together by something doesn´t make a big difference to me. Especially since as "bonus" we get a 4/5 legendary card in them...

Well the main reason I am asking is so that I don't over spend on honor and have a citation waiting for the event legendary. It helps to know in advance so that I know whether to hoard the honor or spend it. I know I could build up to 95k (to be safe) and wait and see but I prefer it the other way round spend on a behold then save for the citation.

I'm on about 18k so a rough estimate is if it's early August I will most likely have to save, if it's later then I think I will be safe on a behold.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    How about Thursday, the eleventeenth of Mayvember, 2163?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    How about Thursday, the elevententh of Mayvember, 2163?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTJ6GPGMozo
    edited July 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually one in August would not preclude having one o'er Christmas if they do every other month rather than every 8 weeks. You'd have August, October, December potentially ending around Christmas. (Could go Dec 3rd through the 28th...)

Yes that's what I was thinking if they started it mid August or later then It would sync back to the Fall and Christmas schedule like last year.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of Mega-events. They were cool when they were rare.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Well, we have events every week anyway, so 4 seperate events or 4 tied together by something doesn´t make a big difference to me. Especially since as "bonus" we get a 4/5 legendary card in them...

Well the main reason I am asking is so that I don't over spend on honor and have a citation waiting for the event legendary. It helps to know in advance so that I know whether to hoard the honor or spend it. I know I could build up to 95k (to be safe) and wait and see but I prefer it the other way round spend on a behold then save for the citation.

I'm on about 18k so a rough estimate is if it's early August I will most likely have to save, if it's later then I think I will be safe on a behold.

I think beGolds are more fun than straight drops, but @Peachtree Rex convinced me to use my Honor otherwise using maths & stuff:

(shuffles through stacks of printouts)

Ah, well, it’s in some thread in the Ready Room, if you want to go look for it. Anyway, I’m thinking August, October, January 2019. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

I think beGolds are more fun than straight drops, but @Peachtree Rex convinced me to use my Honor otherwise using maths & stuff:

Ah, well, it’s in some thread in the Ready Room, if you want to go look for it. Anyway, I’m thinking August, October, January 2019. 🖖🏻

LoL, usually, my argument for a citation over a behold is the sheer number of bad legendaries. If you get 1 "undesirable" results out of 10 from beholds, then you were probably better off just Citing your best option currently in you crew.
    edited July 2018

LoL, usually, my argument for a citation over a behold is the sheer number of bad legendaries. If you get 1 "undesirable" results out of 10 from beholds, then you were probably better off just Citing your best option currently in you crew.

Well yes citation has it's advantages truth is I haven't had a begold in a while and I miss it, even if it's likely to deflate the moment it flashes up and shows me the proverbial Captain Scott, Grilka and Vina.

But I do have a few things possibly in my favour: I have 14:112 ratio of crew I have to the ones I don't and because a behold gives 3 options i think that gives me about a 1 in 7 chance - not fantastic odds but if I add in the numerous crew I would like to have well then the odds might well go up to 50:50 or better.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the next reoccurring mega legendary is an engineer. I don't mean someone with engineering as their tertiary skill either.

La Forge
    Data
    Scott
    Torres
    O'Brien
    Tucker

Or even a special engineer in the Star Trek universe such as Emory Erickson.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery mega event, October - Event Crew ENG - chief engineer of Discovery (new character)
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Discovery mega event, October - Event Crew ENG - chief engineer of Discovery (new character)

Or the newly cast season 2 ENG character we know about.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the next reoccurring mega legendary is an engineer. I don't mean someone with engineering as their tertiary skill either.

La Forge
    Data
    Scott
    Torres
    O'Brien
    Tucker

Papa Archer would probably have a solid engineering skill. Or they could throw us for a loop, do a Lower Decks event and make one of the TNG season 1 chief engineers the recurring mega.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

La Forge
    Data
    Scott
    Torres
    O'Brien
    Tucker

Papa Archer would probably have a solid engineering skill. Or they could throw us for a loop, do a Lower Decks event and make one of the TNG season 1 chief engineers the recurring mega.

I like both of those ideas.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I love having main cast as the Mega event 5*, so ENG primary Scotty, La Forge or Data would be great (or O'Brien, but we juuuust had a DS9 Mega, so I'm not holding my breath).

I guess Trip, Torres, Seven or Stamets would work too.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Some good guest star engineers, though:

Dr. Lewis Zimmerman (probably a good ENG/MED/SCI)
    sN24jr8.png

Ensign Sonya Gomez
    zCjad82.png

Yedrin Dax
    4jDJjkX.png

Nomad (gotta have some high Security on this one)
    xQwLJUR.png
  • Filthy smarch weather. Looking forward to a new mega soon please ;)
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    No mega events for a while?

2n69nv6cdy8x.png
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Some good guest star engineers, though:

Dr. Lewis Zimmerman (probably a good ENG/MED/SCI)

Ensign Sonya Gomez

Yedrin Dax

Nomad (gotta have some high Security on this one)

IDK about Gomez... She didn't seem to be that great of an engineer.

Zimmerman would be a good pick for a 5* ENG but I don't see how MED would be in play. Yeah, he made the EMH, but that was more of a purpose built thing versus an actual interest in medicine (exampled by also having holographic surveillance drone prototypes). At that point I'm not sure whether we'd wind up with SEC DIP or CMD, or perhaps just a really good ENG/SCI. I could live with that actually.

My personal vote would be for either Dr. Leah Brahms (versus the holodeck version) or Arturis if they were looking for a Guest star with Justifiably high ENG.
  • We have event every week, megas make no difference in that sense. I welcome then, since longer storylines are more interesting and they do give 4/5 legendaries, which, for a monthly card player like me, really do make a difference. Getting a full legendary with just 50K honor and some patience just for doing events u would do anyway is absolutely fantastic.

Don't see why 4 totally unconnected events in 4 weeks are better than same with a grander storyline, theme, usually a new ship.

Maybe they should add a combined leaderboard (based on combidned ranks, not score of each weekly event) with separate rewards for megas so those who play consistently would get extra excitement.