Home The Bridge

ETA of next mega-event?

2»

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homeboy wrote: »

Maybe they should add a combined leaderboard (based on combidned ranks, not score of each weekly event) with separate rewards for megas so those who play consistently would get extra excitement.

I love this idea. Seems relatively easy to implement and could add a lot of value for some people.
  • Thurthorad wrote: »

Maybe they should add a combined leaderboard (based on combidned ranks, not score of each weekly event) with separate rewards for megas so those who play consistently would get extra excitement.

I love this idea. Seems relatively easy to implement and could add a lot of value for some people.

That is what I thought. Wish there was an effective way to promote idea. Most of them just get lost in forum buzz.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    It will probably be yet another Discovery mega to coincide with when that show comes back for season 2. Then all the Discovery fanatics will start persecuting anyone who dares not like the show and the crazed Discovery haters will rush to proclaim their Trek purity. The rest of us will sit back and watch the fight while eating popcorn and drinking root beer.

Quark: And you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it.
    Garak: It's insidious.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonya would be a terrific ENG/DIP two star character.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    @~peregrine~ @Peachtree Rex

This ones for you

degqup9oab8f.png

I guess I got my decent engineer!
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

This ones for you

degqup9oab8f.png

Congrts. Borgi is awesome and one of the best all-around characters in the game. I've used him on shuttles, gauntlet, arena, and voyages.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

This ones for you

degqup9oab8f.png

Congrts. Borgi is awesome and one of the best all-around characters in the game. I've used him on shuttles, gauntlet, arena, and voyages.

So ironically worth citing up...
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

This ones for you

degqup9oab8f.png

So ironically worth citing up...

It depends on who you have around him. If he were to fall into my lap today, I'm not sure I would cite him. He used to be T10 for voyage score, he's now 18th. Since I've switched to a burst strat in arena, I don't really use him there. Not that it impacts Citing, but I only use him in gauntlet if he has a 2 trait advantage over Caretaker.

He certainly isn't bad, but his power has been power-creeped away to some extent.
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    We have event every week, megas make no difference in that sense. I welcome then, since longer storylines are more interesting and they do give 4/5 legendaries, which, for a monthly card player like me, really do make a difference. Getting a full legendary with just 50K honor and some patience just for doing events u would do anyway is absolutely fantastic.

Don't see why 4 totally unconnected events in 4 weeks are better than same with a grander storyline, theme, usually a new ship.

I am with you. I guess some folks feel like they have to play all four weeks to keep up with the other players by getting the 5/5 legendary as opposed to missing a 1/5 here and there.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »
    We have event every week, megas make no difference in that sense. I welcome then, since longer storylines are more interesting and they do give 4/5 legendaries, which, for a monthly card player like me, really do make a difference. Getting a full legendary with just 50K honor and some patience just for doing events u would do anyway is absolutely fantastic.

Don't see why 4 totally unconnected events in 4 weeks are better than same with a grander storyline, theme, usually a new ship.

I am with you. I guess some folks feel like they have to play all four weeks to keep up with the other players by getting the 5/5 legendary as opposed to missing a 1/5 here and there.

The legendary is usually at like 25-30k so it takes virtually no effort to get him. In other words, why would you skip such an easy 5*?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wundigore wrote: »

The legendary is usually at like 25-30k so it takes virtually no effort to get him. In other words, why would you skip such an easy 5*?

Totally agree. Getting to 25k VP is virtually effortless

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Homeboy

I like the idea of a megaevent leaderboard with rewards that are for the whole month of events.

Maybe DB will see this for a future megaevent. Do not think it can be implemented for the next one.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been suggested since the first mega event. DB doesn't seem to be interested in making a change other that copy/paste events.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a great idea. Would also spur more participation and competition. The winner of a month long mega would have some serious bragging rights and deserves to get some extra for it
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I'd be happy if they reinstituted what they did on the Klingon mega and did a post with the leaderboard of each event and a wrap up.

An overall leaderboard would be icing as well.