Home The Bridge

I always feel that events and mega events neglect MED and ENG crew... by that I mean utilizing them

2»

Comments

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    A skill based mega event is a good idea (eg MED crew)
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    Engineering is the weakest skill right now, though I don't want DB to ease off the Meds til we have a better balance. There's no primary sec with a secondary Med skill, and one which is tertiary, as I remember. Makes it hard to fill that spot on a voyage.

I've been waiting for a decent engineer for months now, sure we have The Caretaker for free but try getting him to drop on a regular basis.. I was so disappointed with O'Brien this last mega. He should have sent the players wild but was sooooo meh.

I'd be happy to have megas based around skills. I think it would make an interesting change.

Thanks for the constructive comment. I hope some one is watching who can consider this, @Shan

The reason I made this poll was to see if other people wanted something to break the monotony a little. Aside from the usual scornful peeps, it seems the idea has been warmly received.

Thanks, I thought it was a very interesting idea, and really not too stupid. Captain Who threw in some good ideas to actually put together a mega, making it seem like the potential is great too.

There's no question a medical mega-event might need a bit of science, engineering and diplomacy to smooth things along, and an engineering event could use some command and science, and so on, so it doesn't have to be exclusively Med but just heavily weighted in that direction.

I'm sick of cmd/dip/sec crew and Mega-Events like this could really inject some life into the poorly represented skills that make up the backbone of the game structure, and fit in nicely with the technologically advanced Federation Universe.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Skill based would be a good idea, but maybe for occasional events, NOT mega events
    Engineering is the weakest skill right now, though I don't want DB to ease off the Meds til we have a better balance. There's no primary sec with a secondary Med skill, and one which is tertiary, as I remember. Makes it hard to fill that spot on a voyage.

I've been waiting for a decent engineer for months now, sure we have The Caretaker for free but try getting him to drop on a regular basis.. I was so disappointed with O'Brien this last mega. He should have sent the players wild but was sooooo meh.

I'd be happy to have megas based around skills. I think it would make an interesting change.

Not...Entirely accurate as far as Sec-Med goes. There is Gladiator McCoy, but he does not have a third skill and he is in the bottom 50 for 5* on voyage scores.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what frustrates me is when we get a Mega legendary like Bell Riots Bashir or Surak, and then it's a faction event and the faction barely has any of the legendary's key skills. Like I remember the Vulcan/Romulan event barely using SCI in shuttles and the DS9/Augment event barely using MED in its shuttles.

If you're going to do a mega, DB, then make sure the recurring legendary's skills are actually useful for the mega. Especially their primary skills.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill based would be a good idea, but maybe for occasional events, NOT mega events
    I think what frustrates me is when we get a Mega legendary like Bell Riots Bashir or Surak, and then it's a faction event and the faction barely has any of the legendary's key skills. Like I remember the Vulcan/Romulan event barely using SCI in shuttles and the DS9/Augment event barely using MED in its shuttles.

If you're going to do a mega, DB, then make sure the recurring legendary's skills are actually useful for the mega. Especially their primary skills.

Over the last several months, I have been left with the impression that the person or people who design events are not only not the same people that assign skills/traits to event crew, but that those teams never speak to one another ever for any reason. How else could we have the Borg trait with a MED skill a few Galaxy events ago or the overwhelming number of ENG shuttle slots in the one Faction event during the Vulcan/Romulan mega? Other possibilities are quite depressing.