Home Make It So!
Options

Should jj Abrams star trek movie characters be added to timelines?

Should jj Abrams star trek movie characters be added to timelines? 183 votes

Yes
35%
Peachtree RexSSR BarkleyXoiikuBardez[QH] OxmyxZann Calcore (ISA)Lady Gaghgagh[10F]MadMaxGrumpferFinn SCNero84RennJaxoHungry Dog DDM~peregrine~NeemsCaptn Durk CRUSHERcmdrworfMirrorMartiganZiva 65 votes
No
64%
Xanathar<TGE> DangerDrakeCaptain TFpbertZombie Squirrel PaCaptain NelsonNad Hal[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestixscruffy151[QH] He-Who-MeowsAlthea BiermontHaBlackLantree Jim Steele[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinCommander Sinclair[SJ] Admiral Aki[SSR]Trollhammeren[10F] NewtonianQBalls 118 votes

Comments

• Options
    No
    I'm growing tired of multiple new characters when characters implemented last year and the year before aren't being offered in play. Unlike before I've grown numb to the upcoming Events, only playing to make a show, not caring if I obtain the next cartoon card.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not ever! STT is pretty well set in the "Prime" Universe, and I for one, would like to see it stay that way.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really can’t say it any other way than it just wouldn’t feel right. Like those characters wouldn’t fit in.
  • Options
    DB has said they don't own the rights to JJ trek, so it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    JJ Abrams made Star Trek and Into Darkness as an audition for Star Wars.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😁
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    No

You say that like it's a bad thing. 😁

It was great for JJ and Star Wars. For Trek - yes it was terrible.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can just see it now bonus Crew: William Shatner Kirks, Zachary Quinto Spocks...
    no just no it's a good division to have the two compartmentalised at is at the moment - don't blur the lines that belongs solely to Discovery.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaijinmeisterRaijinmeister ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No
    No. Besides be another timeline/reality is pretty much a bastardization of Star Trek.

Is garbage in its pure form. Pretty much like Discovery. But that lame, generic sci-fi show and its characters got a free pass in the game because of CBS...
  • Options
    No
    The only thing I like about the Abrams movies are the musical scores.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, but with a stipulation: if the game added new characters exclusive to those movies (Nero, Admiral Robocop) I'd be okay with that. But I don't want or need Quinto Spock or Pine Kirk muddying the waters, not when there are still so many TOS character versions left to appear in-game.

This is the best response. This is why I voted yes. I don't want new versions of Kirk and Spock, etc. I want some of the new crew.

Also, aside from the transport-accress-the-galaxy and fly-to-Kronos-in-a-few-hours loopholes (that were just lazy and could have been easily avoided), I really liked the new movies.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, but with a stipulation: if the game added new characters exclusive to those movies (Nero, Admiral Robocop) I'd be okay with that. But I don't want or need Quinto Spock or Pine Kirk muddying the waters, not when there are still so many TOS character versions left to appear in-game.

This is the best response. This is why I voted yes. I don't want new versions of Kirk and Spock, etc. I want some of the new crew.

Also, aside from the transport-accress-the-galaxy and fly-to-Kronos-in-a-few-hours loopholes (that were just lazy and could have been easily avoided), I really liked the new movies.

I agree.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    A thought occurred to me this morning about CBS overlords killing all the fan made movies. If they are strict about this, then then can't allow JJ to make any more Trek, as he is a fan, and essentially made his own version of Star Trek, albeit with a bigger budget than most others.

startrek.com/article/star-trek-fan-film-guidelines-announced
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    No
    A thought occurred to me this morning about CBS overlords killing all the fan made movies. If they are strict about this, then then can't allow JJ to make any more Trek, as he is a fan, and essentially made his own version of Star Trek, albeit with a bigger budget than most others.

J.J. wasn't a fan. He was a fan of "Star Wars". Can't you remember the interview with him and Stephen Colbert. He only watched "Star Wars" growing up. He probably still doesn't like "Star Trek"
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    No

J.J. wasn't a fan. He was a fan of "Star Wars". Can't you remember the interview with him and Stephen Colbert. He only watched "Star Wars" growing up. He probably still doesn't like "Star Trek"

This is exactly what I was saying! You can't tell me that scene with Spock and Khan flying over San Francisco on a hovercar don't look exactly like Coruscant.

So many other things, too. The treatment of warp drive like it's a simple on/off Hyperdrive, the ships being city sized, even the walkways with no railing. Now I'm nitpicking, but still!
  • Options
    No

No, but with a stipulation: if the game added new characters exclusive to those movies (Nero, Admiral Robocop)

It's great to hear other people call him Admiral.Robocop outside of my friends and family.

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like the JJ Trek characters only because I have a huge crush on Chris Pine and I wouldn't mind that eye candy in game. Also some of the one-off characters were cool like Jaylah and Nero.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    No
    I wasnt going to post, but then on Second thought - the problem with Abrams stuff was it went just to far out there on certain things against Canon. Yes, it is hard justifying some stuff even in Discovery, but to just flat out make it so because its an Alt reality? nah we dont need that here, and after CBS announcements, I don't think we need any more sources for material....
  • Options
    Yes
    Why not ?
  • Options
    Yes
    sure why not...DB put that horrible ST:D crap in already...
    and after a little research, I am not so very convinced anymore that J.J. was the main reason for the not so very successful Kelvin timeline movies and the non canon stuff therein
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not ever! STT is pretty well set in the "Prime" Universe, and I for one, would like to see it stay that way.

There is an awful lot of the Mirror Universe to say "it's pretty well set in the Prime Universe". Also this game is called Timelines so....adding the Kelvin timeline makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    No
    Because it will mess with my head canon, which states that the events that triggered the Kelvin timeline were successfully resolved somewhere later on, and as a result, it never actually happened.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Yes
    "head canon". I like that. :)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I agree, add the characters exclusive to his films like Jaylah. I would also like to see one card for Nimoy playing Spock from one of the first two films.

Also a very big NO to Benedict Cumberbatch Khan, that was a travesty of a casting.

5bfd59ea-e14f-4270-a77e-5ea1532d6a5b.jpg
  • Options
    No
    NO! That universe doesn't exist in a true Trekker's world. Until Discovery, that was all we had after they dropped Enterprise. We need to return to the only Universe that ever exists, what they call the Prime. Doesn't count. They blew up Vulcan. Sorry. Nope.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't understand these arguments at all. The game is FULL of Mirror Universe which is *not* the Prime Universe. Why is the Mirror Universe any more valid than the one in the Kelvin timeline?