Home The Bridge
Options

5 Star Cadet Tilly

Ok. Let’s say this slowly all together. Cadet... Tilly... 5 Star Legendary.

No one in the history of Trek has done less and received such a ludicrous stat in the game. She’s done nothing (unless dropping the F bomb immediately grants you Legendary status).

I really think DB needs to re-evaluate this. I mean if the show goes another 5 seasons, what comes next??? 3 Star Captain Tilly?

F-

Comments

• Options
    Massively stupid.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    ReneeUhnayReneeUhnay ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I see lot of you don't like Tilly, but tbh I would rather her (ENG/SCI) as a 5* than Ash (more COM/SEC).
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, consider that every 5-star Discovery crew that has been introduced so far have immediately met some form of bad fate in the following episode.

Doesn't make me feel any better though, as I just started to warm up to her.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    All it means is DB is officially stating rank, power, relevance, screentime, etc are all meaningless. Cards are stat sticks and character is just a flavor on that stick. It's frustrating if we have a hierarchy in mind, but it ideally liberates them to do whatever the hell they want, and release highly requested versions of characters as 2*s and 3*s instead of best chance of only 5*s. (Oh wait that won't happen).)
  • Options
    The rarity of crew has always been meaningless and arbitrary and it's kind of silly to argue at this point.
  • Options
    I would assume that DB knows more about Tilly's future than you do.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options

I’m still guessing Klingon buffet
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roonis wrote: »
    All it means is DB is officially stating rank, power, relevance, screentime, etc are all meaningless.

Remember all the uproar over the 5* version of Ensign Kim who was on screen for about 30 seconds, only to ask for a synopsis of the entire episode?

Neither do I.
  • Options
    BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Cadets should probably be cadets (1* or 2*), heck the Ripper has more business being a 5* than her. But I agree that if we go down that road there are probably dozens of people who we think are the wrong rarity. Which might actually be a fun conversation if you don't take it that seriously.
  • Options

If they do then they’ve failed at keeping the game spoiler free, which is one of the reasons they’ve stated is the cause of delayed event info.

If she’s a 5* just for the hell of it, then there are more deserving discovery crew for the legendary status than Tilly. She has done nothing significant in the show as of yet.
  • Options
    Crew is crew so if you like her, or need those stats that's great I guess.

Note however that ignoring the artwork, if you look at her stats, she's actually just an inferior Laborer Spock, who we just got as a 5* very recently. He kicks her **tsk tsk** in every way that matters for an ENG/SCI crew.

Can't say it makes me very excited to go after the card.

~N
  • Options
    Since this game started we have seen plenty crew not "worth" being a legendary. The difference towards Tilly, she is MAIN CAST of Discovery and has a lot of screen time, so i have no issues at all with her being a legendary. If ppl just say because if her rank she doesn t deserve it, thats just *****. If she would be Ensign or Lt. it would be ok then? No, cause ppl just take every chance to complain about DB and Discovery.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Yeah as soon as I saw it... I immediately thought *spoiler free*
  • Options
    I like Tilly :)
    And I like her as the 5*! She deserves it more than others around.
    You know, it IS NOT all about Rank, about Wealth - here it is all about Knowledge and how smart you are.
    And since she was the best ENG at the Academy - she clearly deserves her 5* :)
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • Options
    9jme9p3afywc.png

This guy will be the next 5 Star Legendary!

This saved my day :smiley:
    It is so ridiculous. It is just for the money-grab.
  • Options
    Well there is a 5* Wesley.. this really is just people complaining because they want to complain. However, I AM upset there is no 5* Weyoun Clone 6.
    [9RS | Combs] Kilana
    9RS fleet is recruiting, PM me for more information!
  • Options
    9jme9p3afywc.png

Nope. That guy was one of the red shirts in my last voyage. :rofl:

• Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    9jme9p3afywc.png

LOL

Equipment:
    Rare ankle boots (+75 SEC proficiency)
    Super rare leg razor (+100 CMD proficiency)
    Legendary skort (+300 DIP)

• Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have 0 problem with some iteration of Tilly being a 5*. My issue is that it's "Cadet" Tilly. That is counter to everything we've seen so far. If she had died doing something really heroic or something I guess I could see it, but presumably she's going to go on to bigger and better things... is Ensign Tilly going to be a 6*? They should've done "F*cking Cool Tilly" as a 5* and released Cadet Tilly as the event 2*.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with her being a 5*. Maybe we can make the argument that she can be used in all female starfleet Cadet Challenges, since she is explicitly a cadet?
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    I have 0 problem with some iteration of Tilly being a 5*. My issue is that it's "Cadet" Tilly. That is counter to everything we've seen so far. If she had died doing something really heroic or something I guess I could see it, but presumably she's going to go on to bigger and better things... is Ensign Tilly going to be a 6*? They should've done "F*cking Cool Lilly" as a 5* and released Cadet Tilly as the event 2*.

+1
    ...but logic is not DBs strength
  • Options
    How has making Tilly a 5* character spoiled the show for some of you? Please enlighten me?

It wouldn't be Trek without some fans diva antics. I used to get irked, but now I just sit back and imagine it all as a sci-fi themed episode of RuPaul's Drag Race. And laugh.
  • Options
    I VOTE Ripper replaces Tilly as this week's 5*. Lol
  • Options
    I VOTE Ripper replaces Tilly as this week's 5*. Lol

Same stats and everything.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    As I said in the other thread, we are simply a victim of DB having to work with an unfinished product (heck, it's barely started) and work out characters out of that one. It is all too easy working with a finished product, and IMO, this mega should have been launched at least a month later, just to get a GENERAL idea on what the crew will be like.

While on marketing and monetary standpoint it's a great call, on a creative one it is not, and DB are feeling it now, feeding us worse and worse crew. First week was ok, then it turned to a "shameful dispray!", sadly. I hope they patch/fix up the crew as the show progresses, because now we're being fed a ton of... yeah. Tilly's achievements for right now have been to snore a lot, be sort of nice to Burnham, say that she wants to be a captain, drop the f bomb, talk a lot and say she's sorry.

Let's hope that in our STT anomaly-ridden universe, she's a badass that commands her crew like Nicolas Locarno did.
  • Options
    I have 0 problem with some iteration of Tilly being a 5*. My issue is that it's "Cadet" Tilly. That is counter to everything we've seen so far. If she had died doing something really heroic or something I guess I could see it, but presumably she's going to go on to bigger and better things... is Ensign Tilly going to be a 6*? They should've done "F*cking Cool Tilly" as a 5* and released Cadet Tilly as the event 2*.

Nonsense.
    You would be right if there would if she for example had Command. But she has SCI and ENG - what the heck has her Rank to do with her Knowledge and Smartness in ENG or SCI? Of course, nothing.
    Live long and prosper.
  • Options

Nonsense.
    You would be right if there would if she for example had Command. But she has SCI and ENG - what the heck has her Rank to do with her Knowledge and Smartness in ENG or SCI? Of course, nothing.
    Live long and prosper.