Home The Bridge

Next weeks event crew

Shan,
Understood that the event notes for "Lock and Load" will be "later" for this Mega Event,
but any chance we can get a preview of the event crew or "types of crew" to know what to focus on?

or maybe even what type of event it will be?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I will have information, I will absolutely share it, but at the moment it is not possible.
  • Shan wrote: »
    As soon as I will have information, I will absolutely share it, but at the moment it is not possible.

Thanks.. appreciate your efforts... we have been spoiled with a weeks' notice for a long time.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're still putting the finishing touches on Discovery-style 23rd Century Martok.

(I jest, I'm happy with how Discovery month's shaping up. But what was I meant to do, not make the joke?)
  • Normally I wouldn't mind the delay but I think it's troubling that, on the day the mega-event is starting, the entire thing isn't already planned and prepaired to the last detail.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Usual events covered shows that were gone from the screen since long time. This one goes alongside a fresh one with some unusual decisions. Like say not introducing certain elements in the opening 2 episodes etc. This makes things trickier to plan. Also I am sure with interference from CBS (show first, game second etc.). I see it brighter: Discovery in the game so short after it aired on television is an amazing achievement for a small team like DB...
  • Usual events covered shows that were gone from the screen since long time. This one goes alongside a fresh one with some unusual decisions. Like say not introducing certain elements in the opening 2 episodes etc. This makes things trickier to plan. Also I am sure with interference from CBS (show first, game second etc.). I see it brighter: Discovery in the game so short after it aired on television is an amazing achievement for a small team like DB...

There is that. But then a simple line "we're not allowed to announce all the planned characters until they appear on the show" would cover it.

This has the old laying the railroad tracks in front of the (hype) train feel, which hopefully won't lead to bugs.

Still I agree, it's good the game is up to speed with Discovery.
    You are right there. That is one thing. The communication about it another.
  • Usual events covered shows that were gone from the screen since long time. This one goes alongside a fresh one with some unusual decisions. Like say not introducing certain elements in the opening 2 episodes etc. This makes things trickier to plan. Also I am sure with interference from CBS (show first, game second etc.). I see it brighter: Discovery in the game so short after it aired on television is an amazing achievement for a small team like DB...

Except I imagine the problem is the opposite really. They probably had this roughly ready near the begging of the year when the show was supposed to start (supposedly with the Superbowl as a lead in) and then it's been in mothballs with the show's extra time in post changing some details and making this event a mess. This is only my 2nd mega-event (missed the Klingon month as I took few months off starting last week of Borg-mania) but it sure seems like they are having to patch holes in tires.
    Except I imagine the problem is the opposite really. They probably had this roughly ready near the begging of the year when the show was supposed to start

Unlikely. Because DB first announced the Discovery license and extended partnership with CBS in august.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though we may not be able to be told all event notes due to NDA and CBS pressure the following should be available immediately:

1) Event type
    2) Any existing non-Discovery (like Janeway this week) character that will be an event character.

Tell us what to level and give the rest when you can. Anything less is either being cute or insulting.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Though we may not be able to be told all event notes due to NDA and CBS pressure the following should be available immediately:

1) Event type
    2) Any existing non-Discovery (like Janeway this week) character that will be an event character.

Tell us what to level and give the rest when you can. Anything less is either being cute or insulting.

And this is what I stated I would do earlier in this thread, and still intend to do once I do have that info.
  • I miss the gold text for your name Shan, making posts by you easier to spot.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the gold text for your name Shan, making posts by you easier to spot.

That is a fair point and I will ask if something can be done :)

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m predicting that the event crew for the next three weeks will be, in some order, Kirk, Archer and Picard. I think they will use the four ship captains
  • I’m predicting that the event crew for the next three weeks will be, in some order, Kirk, Archer and Picard. I think they will use the four ship captains

An event with Archer? Heresy.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • I’m predicting that the event crew for the next three weeks will be, in some order, Kirk, Archer and Picard. I think they will use the four ship captains

Its actually Kirk, Picard, and Sisko for the other 3 weeks.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

1) Event type

It was available immediately. How about you get your facts straight before criticizing?

Event Name: First Impressions
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction (Augments - Federation) /Galaxy
    Event Crew: TBD - waiting on final confirmation
    Event Dates: Thursday 10/12 until Monday 10/16

Bonus crew: The featured event crew + T'Kuvma will provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + non featured Discovery crew and Augments crew will provide some.
    edited October 2017
    Grant77 wrote: »

1) Event type

It was available immediately. How about you get your facts straight before criticizing?

Event Name: First Impressions
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction (Augments - Federation) /Galaxy
    Event Crew: TBD - waiting on final confirmation
    Event Dates: Thursday 10/12 until Monday 10/16

Bonus crew: The featured event crew + T'Kuvma will provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + non featured Discovery crew and Augments crew will provide some.

How about you get YOURS straight? Shan's post was made AFTER my statement. So maybe they were going to do it anyways. Maybe not, Maybe some specific words were needed to let them understand where the rub was. And how ridiculous this is getting. The agreement with the community was a week before each event we'd get fair warning who to level/unfreeze. That would have been the 4th --- and it is taking prodding, poking and all sorts of other nice descriptive words to get even the non-spoiler data (which is what most folks want) out and in the public view.

So what will happen this Wednesday? Will CBS have Shan's handcuffs so tight that we've got to stomp around to get the non-mystery data? Will we get an actual post on the 11th with at least the event type and non-Discovery bonus crew? I hope it's the latter as this honestly makes me tired.

It makes me even more tired when apologists yell get the facts straight, when their own timeline is fiction. Y'all attempt for justice and defense of DB and Shan just make people like me even more frustrated and angry. And that, again, is not good for DBs bottom line nor for this place at large.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    There probably contractual reasons they can't release detailed information before the show airs. They are probably also unable to discuss their contract hence the 'radio-silence' so to speak.

DB: Do Better
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    There probably contractual reasons they can't release detailed information before the show airs. They are probably also unable to discuss their contract hence the 'radio-silence' so to speak.

This is absolutely true, and even first hand verified by DB (Shan saying "Pending CBS Approval"). However, as I've said here a couple times and to my fleet, this is just yet again one more reason this entire event should have been delayed at least a couple of weeks.

DB just tried to do more a once than they are capable of doing to STT as a company, as is evidenced by 2 week response times on tickets, and the weeks of total radio silence before and after the 3.0 release.

I sincerely hope they learn a lesson from this, and take a step back after this event, iron out the bugs, stop working on and releasing new content, catch up before moving forward, and then advance at a slow and steady pace.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m predicting that the event crew for the next three weeks will be, in some order, Kirk, Archer and Picard. I think they will use the four ship captains

Its actually Kirk, Picard, and Sisko for the other 3 weeks.

My prediction on Janeway, Kirk, Picard and Archer was based on the event video that showed the 4 ships of those captains together.

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely true, and even first hand verified by DB (Shan saying "Pending CBS Approval"). However, as I've said here a couple times and to my fleet, this is just yet again one more reason this entire event should have been delayed at least a couple of weeks.

That would defeat the purpose.

• I understand contractual limitations, and am thoroughly enjoying a mega event that is linked so closely to the new series. But this is cutting it very fine. The show aired in Australia last night (a long time after the lucky Americans got to see it) so I was kind of expecting news about this week's event this morning. I want to organize my crew and this is my time, but no news... Dammit!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    I understand contractual limitations, and am thoroughly enjoying a mega event that is linked so closely to the new series. But this is cutting it very fine. The show aired in Australia last night (a long time after the lucky Americans got to see it) so I was kind of expecting news about this week's event this morning. I want to organize my crew and this is my time, but no news... Dammit!

Today is a holiday in the US, that's why the event is extended. It's likely also why we don't have news. Last week they announced crew on Monday after Discovery aired on Sunday.
  • they are in over their heads.
  • let’s just wait and be patient....
    we still have event to finish. or if you don’t care about current event, it means holiday for you. Enjoy. :blush:
    let’s just wait and be patient....
    we still have event to finish. or if you don’t care about current event, it means holiday for you. Enjoy. :blush:

And go back to just having dumb luck in whether you're ready for the next one or not, yeah, lets do that.
  • I also don't like the situation that exact event crew is still unknown (and there also remains that risk that bonus crew could be changed altogether), but in general DB informs us well ahead. So let's just excuse it this time. ^^
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Marla McGivers is the event crew for the upcoming event.

Still no news if T'Kuvma has been fixed yet. Assume not.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Scoustar wrote: »

T'Kuvma is broken? or is someone taking him to the vet? :wink: