Home Make It So!
Options

Holiday Theme Crew

SpaceWereDragonSpaceWereDragon ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Make It So!
I had a random idea that Holiday only theme crew would be fun. A Frankenstein Trip (since he liked the Frankenstein movies) or a Santa Q. There is a lot of options. Possibly released as a community reward during a galaxy event (4th community reward with a very high point goal) or as a crew pack only. Just a random idea.

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol just bring back some more Captain Proton characters for Halloween. The Delaney Sisters for instance.
  • Options
    I forgot about the Delaney sisters! That would be pretty nice
  • Options
    Elvira Dax, Quarkenstein, and Count Siskocula. I would buy that event pack. Dax for legendary though!
  • Options
    I still think this is a terrible idea, but Elvira Dax would be quite tempting.
    Also, "Count Siskocula"? Is he a vampire cereal mascot?
  • Options
    ReneeUhnayReneeUhnay ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Skizzy wrote: »
    I still think this is a terrible idea, but Elvira Dax would be quite tempting.
    Also, "Count Siskocula"? Is he a vampire cereal mascot?
    If they really did an Elvira Dax (that is to say Dax wearing an Elvira costume), they would sell event packs by the truckloads. And Sisko would be a great vampire kinda like Blade.

Christmas time, they could do Orion Vina (green) with Santa hat (red).

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not fundamentally opposed to non-canon characters like some are, but holiday themed?

Please no.
  • Options
    I thought it would be a fun and interesting idea. The idea of a limited theme crew you could only get at a specific time of the year. Maybe unlocked through an achievement (10,000 space battles during the month of December to unlock Santa Q and Orion Helper) or community reward during an event.

There are some really good ideas here. Elvira Dax, Orion Helper (Orion vina with the red hat.. excellent idea Renee!), Delaney Sisters... I think Quark would look better as a mummy but Quarkenstein would be interesting. I really want the Elvira Dax now though.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it would be a fun and interesting idea.

A lot of mobile games have holiday themed landscapes, characters, buildings, events, whatever. They are very popular. But personally, I've never liked them.

So I'm not trying to rain all over your idea. If they implement something like that, I'd treat the crew like any other - based on their merits. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it.
  • Options
    qxqxqxqx ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Dislike. This is no commedy game. :chuffed: I think the idea is good but would better fit to games like The Simpsons

Btw, the smilies are hardly recognizable. The contrast is not good enough
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    I thought it would be a fun and interesting idea.

A lot of mobile games have holiday themed landscapes, characters, buildings, events, whatever. They are very popular. But personally, I've never liked them.

So I'm not trying to rain all over your idea. If they implement something like that, I'd treat the crew like any other - based on their merits. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it.

Didn't take it personally at all :) Was just throwing out an idea that I haven't seen anyone mention
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think there are canon characters that could fit some of the themes and could be fun like more costumed (Captain Proton) as I mentioned before the Delaney Sisters, and we still don't have Buster Kinkaid. Christmas is a little more tricky as you do have that only aired once TOS Christmas special.

There's a medium here somewhere.

Ok, Christmas Picard from Generations!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    For canonical ideas:

Halloween Main Cast Personae
    Archer [ENT "Extinction" - Archer, Reed, and Sato mutate into primal creatures.]
    Reed [ENT "Extinction" - Archer, Reed, and Sato mutate into primal creatures.]
    Riker [TNG "Frame of Mind" - Where he's psychologically abused in a mental health facility.]
    Riker [TNG "Genesis" - Most everyone devolves into some kind of primal creature.]
    Sato [ENT "Extinction" - Archer, Reed, and Sato mutate into primal creatures.]
    Troi [TNG "Genesis" - Most everyone devolves into some kind of primal creature.]

Halloween Guest Characters
    Adminstrator Hengist [TOS "Wolf in the Fold" - He's the guy Jack the Ripper takes over after Scotty.]
    Barclay [TNG "Genesis" - Most everyone devolves into some kind of primal creature.]
    Joran Dax [DS9 "Field of Fire" - He's Dax's serial killer host.]
    Fek'lhr [TNG "Devil's Due" - Guardian of Klingon Hell; Ardra appears as him briefly in this episode]
    Korob [TOS "Catspaw" - He's Sylvia's husband.]
    Lucien [TAS "The Magicks of Megas-tu" - He's Satan.]
    Satan [TNG "Devil's Due" - Ardra appears as him briefly in this episode.]
    Suna [TNG "Frame of Mind" - He's the guy who psychologically tortures Riker.]
    Sylvia [TOS "Catspaw" - She's the witch who turns into a giant black cat.]
    The Clown [VOY "The Thaw" - He's, um, the tyrannical clown.]

Christmas
    Data as Ebeneezer Scrooge [TNG "Devil's Due"]

Picard has that Christmas sequence in Generations, but he'd just be wearing an early style DS9 uniform [which probably ought to be a persona eventually anyway]. None of his made-up family or even his conjured nephew Rene would make very interesting game characters.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd actually be interested in seeing a "Catspaw"-themed event for Halloween (though it'd obviously have to be October 2018, at the earliest). I'm putting together a list of characters for the "Most Wanted Ships and Crew" thread, and Sylvia & Korob are among that list.

Were there any other ST characters who purported to use magic? I'm not talking about supernatural or god-like powers, but magic specifically.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just going to leave this here...

suh1au1iqipr.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    There was also an episode of Voyager where Voyager was a Christmas ornament on a Christmas tree because of the Qs
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd actually be interested in seeing a "Catspaw"-themed event for Halloween (though it'd obviously have to be October 2018, at the earliest). I'm putting together a list of characters for the "Most Wanted Ships and Crew" thread, and Sylvia & Korob are among that list.

Oh, come now. Where's your imagination? This mega-event could very well end with a featured crew of Burnham, T'Kuvma, and Sylvia going trick-or-treating.
    Were there any other ST characters who purported to use magic? I'm not talking about supernatural or god-like powers, but magic specifically.

The only example I can think of are the Megans from the TAS episode "The Magicks of Megas-tu". Man, that is one weird episode! I'm on record as seeing TAS as an organic, congruous extension of TOS, and I think this one could easily have been done as an episode of the live action series. There's no way whatsoever it could have been an episode for any of the other Trek series.