Home The Bridge

Can we get an alternate trait added to the Investigator lock on Rabid Fans epic level?

2»

Comments

• sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    As it happens, I was doing this node just today, using Danara Pel. After failing it about 8 times in a row (RNGrrrr!), I double checked the numbers and determined Mirror Phlox actually has better odds of criticaling it, despite the lack of trait bonus. He did it on try #1 for me with an average roll.

I should have realized that, but my brain was in locked-node-clearing mode at the time, so I was looking at each node with a star on it from that perspective. Locked-Node-Googles! I would have tried Phlox too, had I realized. On the upside, the node in question in this thread is my one single node remaining to be cleared in the entire game, due to the trait update yesterday.

[SSR] Sorin08
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Riley wrote: »
    Not true. I just validated Morbo4's assertion that FF/FE Doctor La Forge can clear it. With our fleet's 4% Sec bonus, he has a 580 base. He gets 188 bonus for the Investigator trait. His proficiency is 72-195, and on the 9th try I rolled a 185 which crit the node.
    That is good to know, thanks!

• My last three nodes are in One Future Ends (Crell), Serious Business (Ushaan Archer, Aviator Yar, ???) and Operation Isolate (???, haven't studied this one yet).

Is there a resource indicating which characters can crit these nodes? Are there plans to change traits to address these shortcomings? And when are new story missions coming to Timelines?

i used Aviator Yar from event rank reward @1/5 fe for security pilot.

My fleet starbase has 5% security boost. With Dr la forge ff/fe was able to crit the locked investigator node in rapid fans on 2nd try

~ seeking out new life
  • Riley wrote: »
    Zottex wrote: »
    this is one of the big BUG of this game. only ONE crew can pass it = DETECTIVE DATA. if you dnt have it forget this node.-. i have it at level 70 1/5 and i mm not able to pass it. i must upgrade him soon.

Not true. I just validated Morbo4's assertion that FF/FE Doctor La Forge can clear it. With our fleet's 4% Sec bonus, he has a 580 base. He gets 188 bonus for the Investigator trait. His proficiency is 72-195, and on the 9th try I rolled a 185 which crit the node.

9 try, this is the problem... i want one that surely or with max 3 try reach it. the min base+proficiency of DOCTOR LA FORGE is too low so you must spent too msny chronitons for crit. instead TOMMY GUN DIXON is a good solution to the problem
  • [VIP0] Kooz[VIP0] Kooz ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I am also stuck with this being the last node to unlock in the entire game. I believe all versions of Worf, Reed, Ash Tyler, Tuvok, Odo, and Yar should also have the "investigator" trait since they are the security officers for their ship/station. This would solve the issue for most of us.

F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also stuck with this being the last node to unlock in the entire game. I believe all versions of Worf, Reed, Ash Tyler, Tuvok, Odo, and Yar should also have the "investigator" trait since they are the security officers for their ship/station. This would solve the issue for most of us.

You do make a good point.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.