Home The Bridge

Can we get an alternate trait added to the Investigator lock on Rabid Fans epic level?

I am trying to complete all of the missions in the game and this is the only one I can't.
It requires someone with the "Investigator" trait who can clear a 712 security node.

The only people who can feasibly do that are 2 crew in the entire game: Detective Data - a 5*, or Tommy Gun Dixon - a 4*. Out of all the 400 some odd crew in this game, only 2 crew can pass this node. That seems a bit broken to me. And as the number of crew in the game increases more and more, that means there will be less and less of a chance to pull either of those 2 crew.

I have other Investigators like Constable Odo but his SEC doesn't reach high enough even with the bonus, or Sniper Ezri who has the same issue, or Advocate Kolos except he doesn't have the SEC skill, or Detective Dixon Hill whose SEC is miserably low, or Investigator Odo a 1*, don't make me laugh.

So can we please reorient this node to have another trait added in which could help pass it?
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• One Future Ends' second node is MED and requires Exobiology or nurse...so it's either Crell Moset or Rianna Mayweather. And i'm not sure that Rianna can crit the node...
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah nodes should have 4-5 crew who can pass them. Only 2 is so abysmal.
    I have Crell so I passed it thankfully.
    Rianna can work though, especially with Starbase bonuses now. But it still requires her to be FF/FE at 100.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    But Constable Odo even with Starbase bonuses can't pass this node in Rabid Fans.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, don't have Moset so I'm stuck there as well. I am leveling Dixon for the other one.
  • One Future Ends' second node is MED and requires Exobiology or nurse...so it's either Crell Moset or Rianna Mayweather. And i'm not sure that Rianna can crit the node...

I ran the numbers, and an immortalized Rianna Mayweather should be able to Crit the node about 7.8% of the time. That's about 12 tries on average, so with some bad luck, it could be a several dozen attempts.

Though, I just remembered Starbases change everything. Assuming you have a 5% Medical Starbase bonus, then your chances jump to about 31.2% per attempt. That's an average of about 3 tries, though with some bad luck it might take a dozen or so tries.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • Doctor La Forge can get it if FF/FE. Just in case that helps someone.

In general, I agree. There are several levels with very narrow lists of characters who can pass them. As we get swamped with more characters, the chances of getting those few gets less every day, especially for newer players.

It would be nice if DB balanced traits better, but that's never been something they seemed to give much consideration to. They just seem applied haphazardly as an afterthought, both to missions and characters.
  • Heh, the two nodes in this thread are my only unfinished nodes, I was considering posting about it.

Note that for the four people who have the Keeper, he can crit the Med node as well.

I have Rianna at 1/4, will likely spend honor to get her to crit level.
  • I’m in the same spot. These are the 2 nodes not completed. I’m have Rianna 1/4 and tommy gun 2/4. Where’s the love DB!!!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Future Ends' second node is MED and requires Exobiology or nurse...so it's either Crell Moset or Rianna Mayweather. And i'm not sure that Rianna can crit the node...

I was able to crit that with Rianna Mayweather. Note: I also have the benefit of a level 4 Sickbay in my fleet's Starbase. I'm pretty sure she can do it even without any Starbase bonus, though obviously it gets likelier the stronger she gets.
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I have been only playing since June really but I have been really lucky with some of my pulls and have both Crell Moset and Detective Data but I agree some traits are extremely rare with skill. Would be nice to have a few more options.
  • I doubt they will, but since we are making requests, I'll ask that the locked security node on Serious Business that requires a "pilot" to unlock also has "pilot" added to the bonus trait (currently it's veteran and maverick). It's been my last star for 3 months now.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
    I doubt they will, but since we are making requests, I'll ask that the locked security node on Serious Business that requires a "pilot" to unlock also has "pilot" added to the bonus trait (currently it's veteran and maverick). It's been my last star for 3 months now.

I do feel that whatever trait locks a node, should be the trait that provides a bonus when attempting it.
    Terfin wrote: »
    One Future Ends' second node is MED and requires Exobiology or nurse...so it's either Crell Moset or Rianna Mayweather. And i'm not sure that Rianna can crit the node...

I ran the numbers, and an immortalized Rianna Mayweather should be able to Crit the node about 7.8% of the time. That's about 12 tries on average, so with some bad luck, it could be a several dozen attempts.

Though, I just remembered Starbases change everything. Assuming you have a 5% Medical Starbase bonus, then your chances jump to about 31.2% per attempt. That's an average of about 3 tries, though with some bad luck it might take a dozen or so tries.

Yeah, I've been making lists of which crew to keep after immortalizing and which to freeze. And I know eventually I'm going to run out of 3*s to freeze so I'll have to start freezing some 4*s. So my rule is if their base primary stat doesn't reach 700 or above, they go into deep-freeze (provided they aren't a character I absolutely adore). So in my researching, I noticed Rianna at max MED starbase reaches about 673. Which technically isn't enough for me to keep her around but that rare MED/ENG combo might be.

• I would be happy if they fixed Rabid Fans so that I can get past the NORMAL level. I have “7 out of 6” rewards but only 2 stars. It won’t let me proceed.

I put in a ticket for this a year and a half ago and another one about six months ago. I am assuming at this point it will never be fixed.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to the starbase bonuses, i was able to hit that node with Tommygun at 1/4/100, but i agree it sure would be nice to have the roadblock traits actually give a bonus once you have that character...

...which would be a BIG help for the pilot node, since i have Joachim at 1/5/100 and even with a perfect roll, he doesn't quite hit it. Our starbase is currently leveling up security level 5, which may get him just high enough to clear it, and if not I'll have to buy stars for him...

...and my current honor strategy, such as it is, is to save up enough honor to keep buying beholds until I get Moset. he actually showed up in my Cardie store the other day, but i was about 14,000 DIL short of being able to afford him :(
  • Hey, we got two more Investigators!

Of course, they're a green and a blue, meaning they almost certainly can't hit the Epic crit. I guess you can at least try the Tuvok.
    Kirian wrote: »
    Hey, we got two more Investigators!

Of course, they're a green and a blue, meaning they almost certainly can't hit the Epic crit. I guess you can at least try the Tuvok.

What do you mean? Who are they? I haven't seen any new characters with this trait.
    And from what I know there are not Tuvoks with the Investigator trait.
    Okay correction, I found out what was meant.
    I took out my SC Tuvok to try and nope, he still can't reach high enough to crit it.
  • My last three nodes are in One Future Ends (Crell), Serious Business (Ushaan Archer, Aviator Yar, ???) and Operation Isolate (???, haven't studied this one yet).

Is there a resource indicating which characters can crit these nodes? Are there plans to change traits to address these shortcomings? And when are new story missions coming to Timelines?
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    This is officially my last node to clear in the entire game. Rabid Fans, epic, needing an investigator. I have Constable Odo, Sniper Ezri, Advocate Kolos, and Security Chief Worf, and none of them are going to cut it.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Detective Data is likely the only one who can crit the Security node on Rabid Fans.

Doctor La Forge might be able to do it as well on a (near-)max roll, depending on starbase bonuses and what the exact required crit value is (he might also just come up short). Every other Investigator with Security will not get there.
  •  Riley Riley ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Leshy wrote: »
    Detective Data is likely the only one who can crit the Security node on Rabid Fans.

Doctor La Forge might be able to do it as well on a (near-)max roll, depending on starbase bonuses and what the exact required crit value is (he might also just come up short). Every other Investigator with Security will not get there.
    Morbo4 wrote: »
    Doctor La Forge can get it if FF/FE. Just in case that helps someone.

• this is one of the big BUG of this game. only ONE crew can pass it = DETECTIVE DATA. if you dnt have it forget this node.-. i have it at level 70 1/5 and i mm not able to pass it. i must upgrade him soon.
  •  Riley Riley ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Zottex wrote: »
    this is one of the big BUG of this game. only ONE crew can pass it = DETECTIVE DATA. if you dnt have it forget this node.-. i have it at level 70 1/5 and i mm not able to pass it. i must upgrade him soon.

Not true. I just validated Morbo4's assertion that FF/FE Doctor La Forge can clear it. With our fleet's 4% Sec bonus, he has a 580 base. He gets 188 bonus for the Investigator trait. His proficiency is 72-195, and on the 9th try I rolled a 185 which crit the node.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riley wrote: »
    this is one of the big BUG of this game. only ONE crew can pass it = DETECTIVE DATA. if you dnt have it forget this node.-. i have it at level 70 1/5 and i mm not able to pass it. i must upgrade him soon.

Not true. I just validated Morbo4's assertion that Doctor La Forge can clear it. With our fleet's 4% Sec bonus, he has a 580 base. He gets 185 bonus for the Investigator trait. His proficiency is 72-195, and on the 9th try I rolled a 185 which crit the node.

Thank you for the math and the validation!
  •  Riley Riley ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Thank you for the math and the validation!

No problem. I'm glad there is a good use for him - pulled him out of the Vault to test it. Also, I updated my post to note he is FF/FE and corrected the Investigator bonus number.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    On a related note, I was able to crit the final MED node in Operation Isolate on epic with Danara Pel (this is also in CT). She has a 646 base MED and the node requires 994. She gets a +245 bonus for being Desperate and her roll range is 151 - 430. I took me something like 8 - 10 tries, so I think she needed a relatively high roll to do it. I did this yesterday (no starbase bonus). A fair number of people might have her because she was featured event crew last December.

I only mention it because it seems more common in CT to have bizarre nodes that are hard to clear than in other areas.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

I leveled Tommy Gun Dixon last week and cleared it.
    And yesterday Ash Tyler cleared the pilot node.
    I'm stuck on that last MED node in One Future Ends. My Danara Pel And Rianna Mayweather won't cut it at one star.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Detective Data, just a PITA to level. I have airlocked Rianna a few times, maybe I should hold off next time she falls in a pack.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • sorinev wrote: »
    On a related note, I was able to crit the final MED node in Operation Isolate on epic with Danara Pel (this is also in CT). She has a 646 base MED and the node requires 994. She gets a +245 bonus for being Desperate and her roll range is 151 - 430. I took me something like 8 - 10 tries, so I think she needed a relatively high roll to do it. I did this yesterday (no starbase bonus). A fair number of people might have her because she was featured event crew last December.

I only mention it because it seems more common in CT to have bizarre nodes that are hard to clear than in other areas.

As it happens, I was doing this node just today, using Danara Pel. After failing it about 8 times in a row (RNGrrrr!), I double checked the numbers and determined Mirror Phlox actually has better odds of criticaling it, despite the lack of trait bonus. He did it on try #1 for me with an average roll.

Still waiting for Med + Exobiology/Nurse for One Future Ends, it will likely be the last stars I have left to claim on any mission. Looks like the only current options are Rianna, Moset, or The Keeper. None have been featured in events at any time. Good knows when I'll ever luck into one. How about just a 5* Kes along the line somewhere, DB? Or how about a new Nurse Chapel?

I was hoping the new trait additions would lend a hand on these missions, but alas, no. Too bad they didn't add Investigator to Tuvix as well as 3-star Tuvok.