Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages rewards nerfed?

Original thread here: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/70477/

TL;DR Many players have noticed changes to the rewards dropping from 2-hourly dilemmas in Voyages. What used to be Chrons+Honour+Crew is now sometimes as little as 1x3/4* component. Nod responded to the thread claiming there had been no [intentional] changes to the loot table, but the results show something somewhere has had an effect on which items from the loot table are actually dropping.

Comments

• Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I just know that since I play voyages I did pull a single 4 * character and I always get to at least 3th dilemma ...
  • Options
    eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I just finished a 10-hour Voyage and it was probably the most rewarding one yet. I imagine that Nod is correct and that there aren't enough data points to make too many conclusions.

For example, if your first Voyage was in the upper 10 percentile, most after will look like a nerf, and vice versa.

Another explanation is that the loot table hasn't been modified, but the bug fixes in the latest server push now run Voyages as intended (dilemma rewards, etc.) and we all just got lucky for the first week or so.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the new feature.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    I have a feeling that they watered down the reward pool for Dilemmas - I know of no-one getting 3* rewards until a couple days ago. There's still 4* crew to be obtained, but they might be scarcer.

That said, I just got 2 different 2* crew for a single Dilemma, which I also never saw happening. I hope to soon confirm that one can drop a double 4* crew in a Dilemma...
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Since I heard the old forums are going away, I will repost this back to this thread...

I took a long Voyage on 10/4 - 11h 21m with a 4h 32m recall (16h total). I wanted to see if anything was different. I’ve been doing 1 revive the last few missions, this time I did 2 revives (87 + 112 dil). Other than 600 schems for Hirogen Warship at the 10hr dilemma, the other 4 were 30/30. I have updated my spreadsheet here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xtrtkq6mWt1NjoL_cvEsACPiWfluVLupmEl21EBKzXY

Here is a breakdown of this one Voyage:

Progression through the hours (Fail1 at 7h 13m; Fail2 at 9h 17m):

Item 2hr / Fail1 / 8hr / Fail2 / 10hr / Recall
    Honor: 31 / 91 / 144 / 220 / 220 / 272
    Creds: 9800 / - / - / 37400 / - / 45000
    Chrons 53 / 361 / 431 / 561 / 641 / 801
    4*Train 30 / 43 / 43 / 43 / 43 / 43
    5*Train 0 / 9 / 16 / 23 / 31 / 44

Totals at Recall of 11h 21m (681 minutes):
    ==========================================
    Honor: 272 (+450 for 8 Airlock crew)
    Creds: 45,000
    Chrons: 801 (1.18 per minute) - 361 free, 200 for 87 dil, 240 for 112 dil
    4* Crew: 0
    3* Crew: 2
    2* Crew: 4
    1* Crew: 2
    5* Trainers: 44
    4* Trainers: 43
    3* Trainers: 30
    4* Rations: 23
    3* Rations: 29
    2* Rations: 1
    2* Components: 35
    1* Components: 33
    0* Components: 27
    Unusual Items: 600 Hirogen Warship Schematics (10hr Dilemma)

5 Dilemmas (Name - Choice - Reward):
    2hr Dilemma: A Higher Duty, Part 1 - (Refuse to speak) - 30/30/Major Kira
    4hr Dilemma: By Our Own Hands - (Reassure inhabitants) - 30/30/Cadet Sito Jaxa
    6hr Dilemma: Interference, Part 1 - (Take sample to ship) - 30/30/Lt Commander Scott
    8hr Dilemma: What Smiles May Hide - (Tell trader other arrangements) - 30/30/Major Kira
    10hr Dilemma: Interference, Part 2 - (Lure substance out) - 600 Hirogen Warship Schematics

Last 18 Runs in Length Order showing total Honor and Chrons received:
    Date. - Length - Hnr / Crn / 4* Crew
    ====================================
    09/25 - 4h 45m - 090 / 168
    09/26 - 5h 20m - 165 / 282 / 1
    09/27 - 5h 31m - 093 / 183
    10/02 - 5h 46m - 070 / 222
    09/25 - 5h 59m - 173 / 308
    09/27 - 6h 02m - 151 / 237
    10/02 - 6h 07m - 112 / 288
    09/28 - 6h 11m - 255 / 316 / 1
    09/30 - 6h 29m - 128 / 328
    09/29 - 6h 31m - 169 / 310
    09/29 - 6h 38m - 175 / 237 / 1
    09/28 - 8h 12m - 221 / 574 / 4
    10/01 - 8h 35m - 160 / 536 / 1
    09/30 - 9h 06m - 288 / 515 / 3
    10/02 - 9h 34m - 235 / 649 / 1
    10/03 - 9h 45m - 179 / 592
    09/26 - 9h 56m - 225 / 553 / 4
    10/04 - 11h21m - 272 / 801

I know this is just 1 run after changes were supposedly made. But looking at the numbers, I don’t see any noticeable drop if they did change anything. I have encountered 57 Dilemmas and the 600 Schems at the 10hr dilemma today is the only non-sequitur reward. However, I have nothing to compare it to because it’s the first 10hr dilemma I’ve encountered.

Whether nerfed or not, I cannot complain about a 9 day total of pretty much free stuff(used 775 dilithium from monthly card):
    Chrons: 7,099 (used with Supply Kits made it 8,873)
    Honor: 3,161 (plus 58,25 for all airlocked crew)
    Credits: 473,300
    Trainers: 1100
    Rations: 622
    2* Components: 161
    1* Components: 436
    0* Components: 216
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    The reports all started coming in when people started having login problems. So, it was either caused by the forced patch, or something in the code similar to: "If Stardate > Oct 1, 2017, then... "

If the loot table was intended to have components as rewards, then it should be something like:

uncommon table: Any Dilemma
    credits
    chronotons ( or ) uncommon components
    2* crew

rare table: chance after X hours
    more credits
    more chronotons ( or ) rare components
    3* crew

ultra rare table: small chance after X hours
    honor
    ultra rare components
    4* crew

People want to know that they getting into when they spend Dilithium

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    10hr Dilemma: Interference, Part 2 - (Lure substance out) - 600 Hirogen Warship Schematics

To confirm, after I asked the same question in the other place - the schematic reward from the dilemma did NOT come with honor/chrons like crew does?

If so, I'm inclined to think that it's intentional that the 3* and 4* component drops also don't. Then it sounds like the only real nerf might be that these drops are occurring and they weren't before*

*Nod's post notwithstanding. To me, it just doesn't pass the sniff test that these drops were always possible but coincidentally we never saw them until the new server build. Anecdotally, schematic drops from dilemmas were rare, component drops were non existent.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until 2-3 days ago, I saw no 3 star item drops on dilemmas.
    Now I see them regularly.

Shan says those are for 'later dilemmas' and we are seeing them because 'our voyages are lasting longer'. I'm seeing them at the 2 hour point 2 out of the last 3 voyages.

Nod states that the loot table nor anything else has changed.

So, is Shan right and these are only for later voyages? Is Nod right that it's all working as designed? I'm having a hard time reconciling these two statements.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

To confirm, after I asked the same question in the other place - the schematic reward from the dilemma did NOT come with honor/chrons like crew does?

Correct, no honor/chrons with the schematics. I'm not concerned about once in a while not getting honor/chrons for a dilemma, but if I got the bad luck of none for 4 or 5 dilemmas on 1 voyage, that can be 18-20% of my overall chron total which I can see would be annoying. Thankfully, 5 dilemmas yesterday and 2 so far this morning only yielded the schematics... the other 6 rest have been 30/30/Crew. There are some 3*/4* components I need, but would rather have 30 chrons to run 2 higher missions to get them.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not concerned about once in a while not getting honor/chrons for a dilemma, but if I got the bad luck of none for 4 or 5 dilemmas on 1 voyage, that can be 18-20% of my overall chron total which I can see would be annoying.

I'm yet to get anything other than honor/chrons/crew from a dilemma reward (jinx).

But if you consider a 6 hour or less voyage, which I believe most non paid voyages are likely to be, the dilemmas will make up the bulk of the chron rewards. Lose even one of those and that will seem like a huge nerf when it's really just getting that shaft by the RNG, which is bound to happen at times.
  • Options
    Reposting from the old forums as my experience has remained unchanged:

My rewards seem pretty much the same except I did receive two 3* casings from a dilemma yesterday [edit - 2 days ago]. Since then, I’ve received the (previously?) expected chrons, honor & crew from every dilemma. I will say though that I was never getting very many 4* crew, so maybe my RNG wasn’t favoring me so much at the beginning that an RNG swing downward felt like a nerf. Still receiving ~300 chrons for ~6 hour voyage. Still receiving lots of needed components. Still receiving piles of 1 & 2* (& sometimes 3*) crew.
  • Options
    I just finished a 14 hour Voyage last night. Ended up with 5x4* crew (2 of Drafted McCoy), 1x3* crew, 6x2* crew, and 2x1*.

1166 chrons, 485 honor, 47500 credits

Managed to do it with only 3 resets, the final one getting me to the 14 hour dilemma with 20 AM to spare.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Copying from thread on the old forum
    on 1507150614:
    Guys, I'm staring at the changelists for the Voyages loot table and dilemma system code. There haven't been any changes since September 19th, and those changes went out as part of the initial launch. I know you're seeing different things, but I want to reiterate that there have been no code changes around Voyages loot - period. The team was asked, the designer who built them confirmed, and I am here to double-confirm that there have been no changes to Voyages loot tables since we launched.

Nod, was there anything about voyages that was “fixed“ which caused it to start accessing parts of the loot table that it previously wasn’t? That would most definitely explain how things could’ve gotten so much worse without the loot table actually changing
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Relative to the title of this thread, in my opinion a "nerf" means a substantial reduction in the quality/quantity of rewards. Based on this definition, I do not think it is accurate to say that the overall rewards being received from voyages (i.e., the combination of drops from both dilemmas and non-dilemmas) have been "nerfed". My experience is I am still getting 4* crew; I am still getting 4* replicator rations (and just recently for the first time got some 5* rations); I just recently got my first drop of level 10 ship schematics; and I am getting around the same number of chronitons as I was getting before (there will understandably be some fluctuation from voyage to voyage).

I am not saying there hasn't perhaps been some type of change, but I think to refer to it as a "nerf" is being sensationalistic.

• Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Irial wrote: »

I am not saying there hasn't perhaps been some type of change, but I think to refer to it as a "nerf" is being sensationalistic.

I agree. It has changed, no doubt about that. The idea that we are only seeing it because we get farther is incorrect. You can look at code, or you can take the word of dozens, hundreds, thousands of people that actually have been doing their own tracking.

Each player has their own goal for voyages, crew, chronotons, replicators, trainers... etc. I still think the best solution is to have.

20 honor / 20 chronoton / 2* reward ( crew, components, or ship schematics )
    30 / 30 / 3* reward
    40 / 40 / 4* reward
    50 / 50 / 5* reward

Or, something equivalent.

It would fell much less like a nerf, if it we didn't see

schematics + nothin'
    components + zilch

At least then we can say, "yay I got the ultra rare dilemma... oh darn, not the reward I wanted"

• Options
    I don't think it has been nerf. I just think some rewards are less likely to happen (like not getting any chrons at a dilemma.)

Both Nod and Shan said nothing was changed. From all of my voyages, I'm not really seeing any big changes. Sometimes my voyages are poorer then others while some are quite bountiful.

I just think it has to do with probabilities. For the first days, not everyone was playing voyages because facebook or whatever wasn't updated, or there wasn't a force update yet. Since there was less people, you have a slightly higher odd in getting a great voyage. Since everyone can do voyages now, you have a slight lower chance. The percentage is the same.. just there is more people and that they might get the great voyage while you don't. It's just random
  • Options
    It’s random, but something most definitely changed. Components over two stars didn’t drop before - and now they do.
  • Options
    I started to track my voyages and its pretty clear already, that theres a huge range regarding rewards and drop rate, especially chrons. While one 6h voyage provided 175 chrons only, another awarded 375. Same goes for replicator rations and SR crew. Pretty sure already that rewards were not nerfed, at least not within the past 5 days.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Yea, I have to call bs on the scheme drops as well. My current voyage received a 3* Polyalloy for the 2hr dilemma and a 4* Polyalloy for the 4hr dilemma. I am currently at 5hr 14min and have 0 honor and 0 crew drops. It seems that I am mostly just getting trainers and chrons now. If this is to be the norm, I have no desire to spend Dil on voyages at all.
  • Options
    Yea, I have to call bs on the scheme drops as well. My current voyage received a 3* Polyalloy for the 2hr dilemma and a 4* Polyalloy for the 4hr dilemma. I am currently at 5hr 14min and have 0 honor and 0 crew drops. It seems that I am mostly just getting trainers and chrons now. If this is to be the norm, I have no desire to spend Dil on voyages at all.

0 honor? I have never seen that happened. I'm over 100 honor right now coming back to port after 7 hrs
  • Options
    Yea, 5hr 19 min and I just got my first 3* crew from the voyage.
  • Options
    The fact that these were an easy way to earn honor and Rations was the main appeal to me
  • Options
    I started to track my voyages and its pretty clear already, that theres a huge range regarding rewards and drop rate, especially chrons. While one 6h voyage provided 175 chrons only, another awarded 375. Same goes for replicator rations and SR crew. Pretty sure already that rewards were not nerfed, at least not within the past 5 days.

I have noticed a definite swing in the rewards from go live, but the voyages yesterday and today are way different for me bro.
  • Options
    CurryBeansCurryBeans ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I really dont believe they didnt nerf voyage loot.
    In my experience I almost completely stop gaining honour at six hours, chronitons slow right down. Also I havent gotten a purple character in days. I used to get 2 or more from a 6 to 8 hour voyage, not anymore.
    12 hour voyage right now again no 4 star crew
  • Options

I have noticed a definite swing in the rewards from go live, but the voyages yesterday and today are way different for me bro.

If you were able to run 10 voyages a day, I could see the possibility of having a "way different for me bro" view. However, when you run (2) 8-9 hour missions a day or (3) 6 hour missions, that's not a lot of data to attest a big swing considering the randomness of every Voyage. On 6 Voyages from 9/28-9/30, 4 contained at least 1 4* crew member. The next 4 days I did 7 Voyages and only had 2 that had 1 4* crew member. All other items have fluctuations as well with one voyage being heavy in trainers, another heavy in rations, etc.
  • Options
    Fair enough, mine have mostly been pretty stable with the ratio of chrons, rations, and trainers...the major fluctuation has been the lower tier crew and honor
  • Options
    ej0e8i8tocch.jpg

No crew, no chrons, no replicator fuel, no credits, no honor...instead my 2nd dilemma nets me a power cell...oh joy
  • Options
    I would guess the defibrillator needed those power cells to save him. You chose to save the captain instead of letting a psycho prisoner live. And in the end, isn't that what it's all about?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

No crew, no chrons, no replicator fuel, no credits, no honor...instead my 2nd dilemma nets me a power cell...oh joy

I know people here have been complaining about getting components instead of chronitons, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss getting a 4* Power Cell. I'd bet you don't have many of those in your inventory (I have only one myself), and if you were to farm the item, it would cost you an average of about 75 chronitons for each one. So while it's like getting a gift that you may not have been wanting instead of a gift card that you could spend on anything you wanted, it's really not that bad of a gift.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Your singular experience will not be the singular experience other people have in Voyages. To prove something you would have to collate the total player base doing voyages plus length of journey plus the crew they have to send on said journey plus the two skills that are checked in that journey plus how much dilithium they use to do refills. You can 'feel' however you want but your 'feelings' are not evidence of anything.

Anyone who goes I got all this stuff this one time so this makes the basic average of what I should get each voyage is setting themselves up for disappointment. Today is the first time I got just a part from a dilemma and I have been running 2 hour voyages since it got added into the game as a whole. Obviously it is clear 'evidence' the loot tables got stealth nerfed if I assume the average is from previous personal experiences. I am being sarcastic by the way just in case anyone fails to read sub context well.

I personally think Voyages is a great addition to the game but I hope it doesn't get ruined by everyone who gets disappointed because they are expecting results consistently every single time they send a ship out.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

I know people here have been complaining about getting components instead of chronitons, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss getting a 4* Power Cell. I'd bet you don't have many of those in your inventory (I have only one myself), and if you were to farm the item, it would cost you an average of about 75 chronitons for each one. So while it's like getting a gift that you may not have been wanting instead of a gift card that you could spend on anything you wanted, it's really not that bad of a gift.

You make an excellent point, but when you're conditioned by the first week of the feature to expect Honor, Chrons, Card with each dilemma, it kinda **tsk tsk**