Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages rewards nerfed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying that the loot table didn’t change doesn’t mean that there wasn’t a change. The loot table could remain the same and they may have changed the percentage chance for specific items. That would lower the rewards without “changing“ the loot table
  • Options
    I don't want to jump to conclusions or point the finger but if people were not getting these drops pre update and then they magically they started to happen most normal rational people would question whether their was a nerf done.

To say that they are in the loot table and everything is working correctly is poor form.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    2h dilemma reward - 3* alcohol x2
    4h dilemma - 3* Mendon
    6h dilemma - 2* Worf
    8h dilemma - 4* incense x1

So, 2/4 of this voyage are 0 / 0 / components... and ZERO extra crew.
    guess this is just going to be the new norm
    ppjgrsu9njea.png

• Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    OK, seriously... adding or making 3* and 4* components available is not a nerf... whether deliberate or a side effect of an update that made something originally intended appear. As stated a few posts above, a 3* or 4* component can cost 75 (or more) chrons to get. Seems most of what I do with the 500-600 chrons I get are to farm 3* and 4* items in warp-10's for better chance, especially with the new crew... and then chew them up just as quickly! It's also what I attempt to go for with my 2-hour warp videos on as well. So getting one of these components is just DIFFERENT than getting 30/30/2* crew. It may not be what you need at the time, but you will use it at some point.

While I personally do have some 20+ quantity amounts of 4* components like Isolinear Chips, Subprocessors, Sensors, and Furs, I come up short of their 3* and even 2* counterparts since they are used more often. Also, I am ALWAYS looking for 4* Casings, Polyalloy, Databases, Clothing Patterns, and Incense. It's going to depend on what Faction shuttles you run when events are not happening (or what events run more shuttles like Federation and Klingon) as to what 3*/4* components you have many of. For example, I seem to constantly run Section 31 for 0* Holoprograms and 2* Security Codes, the byproduct is Isolinear Chips, Interlinks, and Sensors. Also Augments for 0* Medical Experiments and 2* Science Experiments, the byproduct is Furs and Relays. With Event Shuttles: Federation drops Emitter Crystal, Starfleet Uniform Patterns, Synthesized Polymer, and Klingon drops Power Cells and Subprocessors.

I'm on Voyage #24 since 9/25 and can say rewards given are truly random. I went 4 consecutive voyages without a 4* crew (9:45, 11:21, 9:04, and 4:07 - the last I got plagued with the skill switch-up), then the last 3 were 8:28 with 1, 10:28 with 1, and 8:40 with 4! I just had my second 3* component given as a dilemma reward - out of 76 dilemmas. Everything before and after the so-called nerf has remained random - some voyages are heavy on trainers, some heavy on rations. When this voyage is done, I will have over 10,000 chrons, 11,000 honor, and 650,000 credits claimed in 14 days, They have given me 22 4* crew, 15 of which I could use (new or fuse), 27 3* crew (a few I could use), 65 2* crew, and 28 1* crew - those that can't be used to be sent to the airlock for honor towards a citation. I have claimed over 900 rations that I can't ever deplete with my 4/day replicator limit. The 1,500 trainers have helped a great deal with all the new crew. Not to mention the over 1,000 2*/1*/0* components I do not have to farm. And all of this for only $3.99 monthly card as I have spent 1,192 dilithium on revives and 210 on strategically bought supply kits that would carry over at least 2 large chron voyages and M/W/F chron challenges.

Those that run 2 or 4 hour voyages will get much less. Those that run 10 to 12 hour missions will have a chance to get much more. Unless you are tracking every voyage on a spreadsheet and can seen an obvious shift of decreased rewards that remains constant, then don't proclaim that Voyages have been nerfed.

As a comparison, every shuttle event I feel that I'm getting cheated with an abundance of failed missions. However, the last event I could do no wrong passing 4000VP missions with 38-55% chance. I came 6,000VP from the 250k merit reward. This event, I tracked each mission (I used to do this but stopped since it takes so much time). I was failing 70-80% chance missions and just could not get higher than the 2250VP. When phase 1 was over, I calculated the pass/fail ratio. I ran 79 missions, the average success chance was 84%. I passed 62 and failed 17 which is a 78.5% success rate. So for some reason this event was under the expected rate, but without even tracking the last event, I know I was over the expected rate. I can't say the events are rigged to fail, but if I wasn't tracking the numbers, I sure would feel that way.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it's due to nerfing or if it's just bad luck, but my last five voyages have all been around 6 hours - no 3* or 4* crew at all. It's only been 1* or 2*. It's a little irritating, but I can't complain too much.

I also think the chronitons are down. When voyages first started, a 6 hr voyage would net me 250-300 chronitons. With these last five voyages I've been as low as 175 and as high as about 220. Just an observation.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Finished another 12 hour voyage, so copied my post from the old thread.

I firmly believe something changed last week. I don't think it was a planned "nerf". But, for now, I am enjoying voyages enough to continue doing them.

The result for this week was 2 / 6 dilemma resulted in components. 4 / 6 yielded one 3* and three 2*. The first 10 hours did not drop a single crew member during hazards. But, between 10 and 14 had two 4*. So, ended the day happy.

This week:

13h 45m - used 4 refill to get here
    2 - 4* crew
    379 honor
    56 4* replicator rations
    920 chronotons
    44,300 credits
    2 - 3* alcohol ( had 2 )
    1 - 4* incense ( had 5 )

Last week: ( after patch )

13h 30m - used 4 refill to get here
    2 - 4* crew
    370 honor
    100 4* replicator rations
    955 chronotons
    43,300 credits
    2 - 4* alcohol ( sadly have 17 already in inventory ).

Week 1: ( before patch )

15h 30m - used 5 refill to get there
    3 - 4* crew
    456 honor
    94 4* replicator rations
    1098 chronotons
    51,900 credits
  • Options
    qxqxqxqx ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Okay, just want to add my 2cents (my data I've gathered so far) to show a trend. The graph shows how much Honor I got at the 6h mark, for this I've taken 3 datapoints in the interval 5-6h and 6-7h (each) and took the average of those. I recorded ~2 voyages per day.

olshgrjwcsya.png

Conclusion: Of course these are very few datapoints, but overall the trend looks like I earned less honor the last time, this can of course be explained (like the spike) that sometimes I earned honor in dilemmas and after the "nerf" I instead earned items. But as you can see, the time I started there was more than twice as much honor than I get now.

In the near future I'll try to put more diagrams with taking the other stuff into account. I think then we can better see if the overall trends along the other "items" shows the same direction. Just a quick wrap up for this thread for now.
  • Options
    I think some people are misunderstanding why people are crying nerf. I used to get non stop 2,3,and 4 star dilemmas with 30+ honors and chrons. Now I usually get 2-3 2 stars 30 chrons and honor each +1 or 2 3 or 4 star items. That's a -60 to 90 average chron deficit per voyage just from missing dilemma rewards.

Then on top of this I have noticed a increased rate of trainer drops and X2 credit drops. Basic character drops have significantly decreased. I think people are crying nerf because the system we were given at voyages launch no longer exists. What we have now is different .
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

No crew, no chrons, no replicator fuel, no credits, no honor...instead my 2nd dilemma nets me a power cell...oh joy

I know people here have been complaining about getting components instead of chronitons, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss getting a 4* Power Cell. I'd bet you don't have many of those in your inventory (I have only one myself), and if you were to farm the item, it would cost you an average of about 75 chronitons for each one. So while it's like getting a gift that you may not have been wanting instead of a gift card that you could spend on anything you wanted, it's really not that bad of a gift.

Swapping out a component that you may or may not need for the freedom to exercise chrons to something you do need is indeed a nerf, as its very likely replicator fuel or something that eats an inventory space-- its not like they put the 'dabo magic' on it (that rarely actually works anymore anyways.)

Sides, we've gotten contradictory information all along here..... Customer Service says you get component drops when you select a character more than once, Shan says they are supposed to happen later in the voyage. We'll I personally have seen them at the 2 hour mark. Then Nod comes along and says nothing changed anywhere and everything is working perfectly..

Which is it? Is it working as designed, or should these drops not be in the 2hr mark.