Home The Bridge
Options

Airlocking a gol

Just curious how often this happens, since I have never done it. I could not even bring myself to exchange Yar for Killy. Maybe I fall into the collecter category.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I've never airlocked a 5* and can't see myself doing so unless it was a dupe of someone I had immortal, then maybe depending on the 5 (my only current dupe is Prof. Sato who I currently have 5/5 and 1/5 since even at 1/5 she's top end DIP). I've also never airlocked a 4* that wasn't a dupe.

• Options
    Did Maid Marian yesterday. Just have no space for a two-skill card who's stats are poor and are never likely to be seen again.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back when I was fresh out of the Academy, I was running low on crew space and high on foreheads during the Klingon mega event, and I airlocked Will Scarlet and Protoworfosis because (by my thinking then) I'd never be able to fuse them past 1/5 so they'd never be useful anyway. Regretted that right away - I wasn't entirely wrong (I mean, a fully levelled 1/5 is often a decent mid-range crew, but I've got a bunch of 1/5s sitting around at level 1 just because I've got more important crew to work on, so they're hardly adding anything to my game) but while I can keep myself from going nuts and buying pack after pack every week to get everyone, I'm a collector type of person, so it just rubs me up the wrong way to not get everyone I can, as far as that goes with how I play.

So since then my rule has been to never toss a gold, no matter how useless they may look or how much I plain just don't care for them (Klingon Janeway). Put a lot of dilithium into crew slots to make that sustainable - 270 at the moment - but I'm doing okay at the moment, got a pretty strong game going in completing and freezing purples to keep space open (I've unfrozen most of my holograms now, and I've still got like 15 spaces free), so it'll be a while before the slow buildup of legendaries becomes an issue.
  • Options
    A lot... I airlock all dupes and periodically clear out unleveled 1/5’s that I don’t want... but since I’m running out of crew to level, I’ll probably just level them up now instead...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve airlocked tons of them. But Belle, two skillers are quite useful for shuttles. They are still money in the bank in faction events
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’ve airlocked tons of them. But Belle, two skillers are quite useful for shuttles. They are still money in the bank in faction events

I'm real tight on crew space Banjo! I generally don't airlock anyone if I don't have to, but I've got a mad spreadsheet that allows me to cover as many bases as possible. I've got more dip than anything and most of them don't make it onto shuttles, ever. Even my secondary crew during faction events give me (almost) guaranteed 8 hour voyages, so a full day's worth if I extend once or twice on a good run.

I have kept Jazz Odo at 1/5 (used once I think) Tilly (now at 2/5 used regularly) T'Kuvma at 4/5 (used almost constantly somewhere) and all my other golds are strictly 3 skillers - many are just waiting for an event. I don't spend much, Banjo, so I don't have many above 1/5 which means they get priority over a 4/4 if similar stats, so my freezer is very full as I have only 160 crew slots and 277 immortals lol.
  • Options
    Since a gold is valued at ~$25 or 15K dilithium, I don't see the point of tossing them for 550 Honor even if it gets me a crew slot back. It's a poor value proposition.

I just won't compete or pull packs for a gold that doesn't hit the nostalgia g-spot and measurably improve my crew. This was really tough line to stick to for Vreenak and Elizabeth Dehner, but I did.

Haven't airlocked a gold ever or non-dupe purple for almost two years now. People can play however they want, but to me it's losing the game if you're airlocking non-dupes (and are not VIP0).
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlocked 2 of them - Borg LaForge and Klingon Janeway. Regret both decisions, but the worst part about it is that they were only my 3rd and 4th rank-earned legendaries (I had maybe a dozen total legendaries at that point). I was finally winning some 5* crew, and I was airlocking them?

My rationale at the time - had limited crew slots, not enough vault-able crew, and just hated the art on both of them. Plus I had just gotten Capt LaForge as my 2nd rank-earned legendary and thought to myself - how many LaForge's do I really need? (Gosh, I was naive back then.)

So I vowed to never airlock one again. Since then, every 5* that's joined my crew is still present (currently have 94 of them).
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Only golds I've ever airlocked were duplicates. I got Prof Sato in the big deal then did a double up so had her 3/5, then in 10 packs, I got 5 of her. So I airlocked 2. Her case is probably my most drastic, I usually rarely get duplicates of golds.

EDIT: I should specify the deal I took on Sato meant I got 10 event packs in the deal, so I wasn't just randomly opening packs for the event, I was using up the ones I was given.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    I always thought how awesome it would be to get a legendary from a merit pull one day. Today i got Grilka. I'm right at 180/180 slots so will need to freeze/airlock some for the mega, grilka's near the top of the airlock list over super rares for collections lol.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlocked 3 golds

Lissan - although that I did regret a little
    Augment O'Brien - an unfortunate win, a non-canon character with two useless skills. Besides, I have RAF O'Brien, Klingon O'Brien, Chief O'Brien etc.
    Vash - yet once again an unfortunate win, I really don't care for Vash and her skills are terrible.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought how awesome it would be to get a legendary from a merit pull one day. Today i got Grilka. I'm right at 180/180 slots so will need to freeze/airlock some for the mega, grilka's near the top of the airlock list over super rares for collections lol.

She's the only Legendary I've ever airlocked. :D

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Once, when I was running low on crew space, I airlocked Cartwright and never looked back.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chucked Convergence Day Quark when he was sent out to everyone, thinking that I would never spend the kind of money required to FF him. Even after honor was introduced, I still don’t think I would have used citations on him...except for gauntlets when he has a 65% crit, I don’t really feel bad about it.

I also tossed the Mirror Picard handed out during Picardgate last year, which I suppose made CS have to work just a little harder to fix things. Oops. Other than these two, however, I am not in the business of airlocking a legendary crew. I understand why Banjo and others are ruthless with who they keep but you never know when a behold or random straight drop will happen to add stars to a partially fused legendary (and I have crew slots to spare).
  • Options
    I got rid of Merry Man Worf. Stats at 1/5 were poor and I was pressed for slots. Maybe a mistaken as he is main cast, time will tell.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    All non canon cards deleted.

Had Gunshow Picard fully fused at 4/5. Got rid.
    23rd Century Martok
    Etc
  • Options
    I spaced Bashir, Julian Bashir ages ago in the worst of my crew slot crunch days. I still don’t miss having him, but I doubt I would do it over again now that I have better crew slot management.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only legendary I have airlocked was Vina. Her stats were poor, I had no attachment to her character, and I was in severe need of crew slots and honor at the time. I did exchange my Polywater Yar for a citation as her usefulness had been decreased dramatically. I used that citation to get the final star on my Degra as he has very good eng and sci and is needed for two cryo collections.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln. Sorry, Abe.
    Diner Janeway. I was new and I didn't like the art.
    Commander Troi.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln. Sorry, Abe.
    Diner Janeway. I was new and I didn't like the art.
    Commander Troi.

Not Abraham Lincoln! This is why we need a trading system, I would have traded you for your Abraham Lincoln.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dupe of guinan but can't bring myself to airlocking her. Not leveled her up yet but may be useful for the gauntlet she is 65% critical in
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I airlocked Borg Queen.
    Mainly because i already had her immortal.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my main account? Several a week. I have a very small list of duplicate golds I'll build. 99% of legendary beholds for me are all immortalized, so it's just 550 honor and most of the time a trigger on my DYC.

VIP0? Frequently as well. Have to play the long game - is this card main crew? Will it get a rerun? Will it have any use to me 6 months from now? Will it make a voyage or shuttle? Can I vault a Purple card and replace it with this?

If any of those questions return a "No" answer, then 550 honor is what I get.
  • Options
    Oh so very many... As a VIP0 player, crew slots are limited and I find myself with a mostly purple crew and a few gold members added. Before the mega events began, I ditched all the golds as I could not justify using a slot while waiting for one of them randomly dropping during the days before honour. Once citations were introduced I couldn't see myself saving up enough to get 4 of them up max a gold!

With the mega golds, I've started building up a small collection of immortal golds but the random drops are mostly airlocked. I recently beholded a Will Scarlet, got the freebie from my mail and started levelling him, but Sarek, Archer and Chekov are all still stuck in the mail buffer!

One of the randoms I kept was Age of Sail Crusher, despite having Darth Bashir and Cornwall as mega gold medics at 5/5 stars. This is because over the last two years I've had 3 copies of her that I have airlocked, the last of which was maybe 2 weeks before I got my current copy!
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    In an old fleet I airlocked a 1/5 Ambassador Troi as I had a 5/5 of her and then mentioned to the fleet I was in that I airlocked her 1/5. I was then attacked by them for doing so, so I told them it is my game not theirs, that I will airlock who I want, and then I left that fleet. :) Best move I ever did actually, as I started my own fleet.

Trista
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I won't but I've tanked enough events that I've given up on a fair number of 5* crew that I could've otherwise gotten. Sometimes in a faction event I'll put forth the extra effort to get top 1000 for more rewards to airlock. Even then I only airlock 2 skill crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    My airlock is reserved solely for duplicates
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I don't just throw golds out of the airlock, I throw fully-equipped golds out of the airlock.

4ku8m5m0pnaa.jpg
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That is precisely why it is important to check stats on that gold crew you just got. If it is a point of collecting and/or you really want that one, leave it at level 10 until you get a couple more to fuse with it.

Chang is a good example, I almost airlocked him myself, but I really like him and fortunately I got a second copy within a few weeks of the first. He is definitely not the strongest, but a fun reminder of Shakespeare as told "in the original Klingon".
    I want to become a Dilionaire...