Home Engineering Room

Forums Issues

Greetings Captains!

Please post any issues you encounter with our new forums on this thread.

Thank you!

LLAP,
~DB Heather

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most modern forum softwares have options for users to change the forum appearance (such as light and dark themes). It appears to not be an option here?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    When reporting a post (The "Flag" button) there aren't actual choices to pick from, just placeholders
  • There's a connect to Facebook button. It doesn't.
  • I'm currently unable to change my username or email in my Profile section. I don't need to do that right this minute, but if I should choose to, it prevents me. Am I missing something?
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently unable to change my username or email in my Profile section. I don't need to do that right this minute, but if I should choose to, it prevents me. Am I missing something?

Changing your username or email has to be done on our website, via this link https://games.disruptorbeam.com/account
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    When reporting a post (The "Flag" button) there aren't actual choices to pick from, just placeholders

Could you post a screenshot please? Thank you
  • Why can i edit peoples posts?
  • Why can i edit peoples posts?

LOL. that's true, you can. That seems like a major issue.
  • i see that i can only edit on mobile.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made a change now regarding the edit issue.
  • Fixed now
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect, thank you!
  • The notifications are less than helpful; the old forum notifications at least provided a digest of what someone had said. The new ones say <Person> COMMENTED ON YOUR THING [button that says "Check it out"].

Also, we really can't upload images here? What about when we're asked for screencaps, et al.?
  • Is there a way to change the white background?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Could you post a screenshot please? Thank you

LV7LyQs.png
  • It seems like we cannot edit our posts past a certain short window after they're posted. Makes doing threads with a fixed top post that might need changing later very difficult.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attachments are now enabled.
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    A "Mark All Read" link/button would be great.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like we cannot edit our posts past a certain short window after they're posted. Makes doing threads with a fixed top post that might need changing later very difficult.

That should no longer be the case now.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we no longer ignore/block other users? I don't see the option.

Would be a shame if that's no longer possible. I was amassing an ever-growing list of folks whose rantings and ravings I didn't care to read. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Would be a shame if that's no longer possible. I was amassing an ever-growing list of folks whose rantings and ravings I didn't care to read. :p

I do not see this option either. Even clicking on a name and it bringing me to the connected profile does not provide an option to ignore/block.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of weird that when you quote someone else's post, the quoted text is in a larger font than your new post's text is. If anything, a smaller font would make more sense -- the quote is not the most important part of that post, after all.

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Attachments are now enabled.

In a related question, what are the limitations on inline images -- both per image, and total MB per user? I assume there must be a limit of some sort. (Usually I use Imgur for sharing images here.)

[And I suppose I should also ask, what are the similar limits on attachments?]

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really an issue, per se, but a source of confusion...

I saw the link to "Unanswered Questions", clicked on it, and then noticed there are 3 options for making a post:
    • New Discussion
    • New Poll
    • Ask a Question

What is the purpose of the "Ask a Question" type of post? And where does this end up? (I assume maybe in whatever "category"/sub-forum you choose when posting it?) How is this different than asking a question by choosing "New Discussion"?

• Can text sizing be enabled in signatures?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Night mode please :)
    I liked the previous colors, but anything darker would work.

You cannot edit your profile avatar unless you go to the full site and they are very tiny. Maybe consider changing that? No one can read my hilarious meme ;)

Text sizing and coloring would be a nice touch for signatures.

Also nice job, I can already tell this will be much easier to navigate with my mobile device.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Off to a good start I'm sure a few tweaks will be made in the coming days & weeks
  • Why no images in Sigs?
    Admiral Christopher Pike
    Joint Fleets
    Temporal Defense Initiative (TDI)
    Deep Space Armada (DSA)
    Temporal Defense Initiative 2 (TDI2)

Discord Server
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

The ignore function is still there, in the profile section: 2as8fobfupq8.png
  • For some reason I can't see any replies on the new forums, only original posts. Can anyone offer any advice? Probably by PM because I can't see any replies.