Home The Bridge
Options

Why no Winning Faction in a Fraction Event?!?!?

Title says it all.

@Shan @SunshineRiker
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a hybrid - we only get winning faction bonuses for straight faction events. Like this week.
  • Options
    [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I believe he is referring to this in the event notes:

Faction Winner Bonus: N (there will be no faction winner bonus for this particular event)

My guess is because it's a re-run and they don't want to try to figure out how to make it work.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a hybrid - we only get winning faction bonuses for straight faction events. Like this week.

Pure Fraction Event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13203/faction-event-notes-alpha-and-omega-rerun#latest
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I believe he is referring to this in the event notes:

Faction Winner Bonus: N (there will be no faction winner bonus for this particular event)

My guess is because it's a re-run and they don't want to try to figure out how to make it work.

Yes. The current Fraction Event.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We have an issue where having a faction winner bonus does not always work for reruns, I hope it will be resolved soon but until then it is likely that reruns will not offer that option.

Thanx for the info, Shan!!!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have an issue where having a faction winner bonus does not always work for reruns, I hope it will be resolved soon but until then it is likely that reruns will not offer that option.

So why not create a new event with the same name and rewards, instead of re-running the old event. To the player they would look and work exactly the same, but with the Faction Winner Bonus added on.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That is understandable - preventing bugs from happening in the first place is really helpful. Thanks for the quick response!
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭

So why not create a new event with the same name and rewards, instead of re-running the old event. To the player they would look and work exactly the same, but with the Faction Winner Bonus added on.

Because then it wouldn't be a rerun, it would be a new event with the same name and rewards, lol
  • Options
    I guess they can't have a winner in a fraction event until they add the numerator and denominator factions to actually have a fraction event. :smiley:
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they can't have a winner in a fraction event until they add the numerator and denominator factions to actually have a fraction event. :smiley:

That's why it won't work. Someone tried to divide by zero.

They need to change the numerator from 4 to 3, that sometimes helps when repeating time.
  • Options
    I know nothing but,
    Can we just program in that Section 31 will give a bonus for 3 days after the event? ^^
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work in decimals, and imaginary numbers.

Bartenter: Flemming, you have had enough.
    Flemming: Shut up, I can still count to the square root of negative one faster than you can! Gimme another drink!
    Intentionally Left Blank