Home Ready Room

Gauntlet "only"

greetings family of Trek , I have heard the phrase "gauntlet only" to describe the group of characters that can only drop from a gauntlet loot box. Is this a specific number of characters that is known? Surely the gauntlet host Armus and previously Caretaker and Guinan are on this list. Who else?

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those three and Locutus are only available by gauntlet rewards with one tiny exception: Locutus was featured in at least one all-Borg special portal pack a year or two ago. Aside from that, gauntlet streaks and end rewards are the only source for these four crew.
  • thanks so much for the straight answer. i had vaguely imagined it was a much longer list.
    I’m happy to help! Other than the A New Challenger Approaches collection, there aren’t any great places in-game to see the possible crew drops from the gauntlet.
  • yes, i am content with my crew developing nicely; and yet i patiently await the day when i earn, or luck out, and see one of these coveted crew show up in a loot box.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Those three and Locutus are only available by gauntlet rewards with one tiny exception: Locutus was featured in at least one all-Borg special portal pack a year or two ago. Aside from that, gauntlet streaks and end rewards are the only source for these four crew.

Would the clown be this as well? Or can get him by other means?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »

Would the clown be this as well? Or can get him by other means?

The Clown and several others are voyage only crew. They come from getting and choosing the right dilemma paths. Four two-dilemma 4* crew are easy enough: I've won each several times even on 4 hour voyages. The other four need 3 dilemmas to win and dispute five different voyages over 20 hours (one was 26), I have never won any of those crew. The wiki gives details.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Oh. I was totally confused myself and switched gauntlet and voyage around. Have to lay off the blood wine.
  • Yes... the Voyage "only" list of crew is longer than the "gauntlet only"
    Yes... the Voyage "only" list of crew is longer than the "gauntlet only"

And the real tough part is that most of the voyage-only crew are limited in usefulness. The Clown has good base stats in a rarer combo, Thot Gor was serviceable during the Dominion mega, and Fierce Guinan should be likewise serviceable in the MoH mega. The others are pretty uninspiring outside of event bonus usage.
  • Didnt see it mentioned above so i will add locutus is also avail as an achievement reward for 20k gauntlet rounds.
  • And Fierce Guinan is an Achievement reward for completing 2000 (?) voyage dilemmas.
  • SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    And Fierce Guinan is an Achievement reward for completing 2000 (?) voyage dilemmas.

1000 dilemmas are sufficient to get Fierce Guinan actually :-)