Home Engineering Room

Forums Issues

Comments

• Britewood wrote: »
    Why no images in Sigs?

Riiiiight?!
    "You stay here, you're gonna die. Not all at once, but little by little. Eventually, you'll become as hollow as I am."
    - Vic Fontaine
  • I can't get into my old forum account, Dante123
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get into my old forum account, Dante123

I checked the old forums and do not see an account with the name Dante123.
    If you have used the same credentials as on the old forums, you are on the correct account.
  • I mean my account on this forum. I just want it back.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean my account on this forum. I just want it back.

Thank you for clarifying.

From what I can tell you should be able to log into that account by using your email address and password and not use FB connect like you are doing for your Captain Dante account.

Your forum account Dante 123 is not linked to your game account.
  • Sorry Shan, but it will not let me have my old username back. It says "Username taken" in both the Username field and the DBID field.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Not a a big deal, but it's a mild annoyance -- I generally read this forum by going to Recent Discussions, then clicking on the threads that interest me and which have new posts. When threads are merged, and I have unread messages in one of those threads, I can no longer make that merged thread "marked as read" by opening it (it still reads as if there is a "new" post there). It's as if the unread thread is still exerting influence on the merged thread, so to speak.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dante123 wrote: »
    Sorry Shan, but it will not let me have my old username back. It says "Username taken" in both the Username field and the DBID field.

Odd.
    I have tried something on my end, and it seems to have worked :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Not a a big deal, but it's a mild annoyance -- I generally read this forum by going to Recent Discussions, then clicking on the threads that interest me and which have new posts. When threads are merged, and I have unread messages in one of those threads, I can no longer make that merged thread "marked as read" by opening it (it still reads as if there is a "new" post there). It's as if the unread thread is still exerting influence on the merged thread, so to speak.

For any merged threads, or threads that were merged but where a redirect is found?
  • Thanks For your help Shan

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

For any merged threads, or threads that were merged but where a redirect is found?

Uhm... the latter. (I think?) I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for the next time it happens and make a mental note. o:)

• We need to be able to delete drafts.
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMF wrote: »
    We need to be able to delete drafts.

You can, but the CSS is bugged so it's not obvious. If you go to your drafts, there's an invisible button to the right hand side you can hover your mouse over. That button will allow you to delete the draft.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • edited December 2017
    I'm currently unable to change my username or email in my Profile section. I don't need to do that right this minute, but if I should choose to, it prevents me. Am I missing something?

Changing your username or email has to be done on our website, via this link Won'tLetMeQuoteTheLink]

I did this to change my name yesterday. It changed my name on the website, but my name is unchanged on the forums. (Where I actually care what people see).
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently unable to change my username or email in my Profile section. I don't need to do that right this minute, but if I should choose to, it prevents me. Am I missing something?

Changing your username or email has to be done on our website, via this link Won'tLetMeQuoteTheLink]

I did this to change my name yesterday. It changed my name on the website, but my name is unchanged on the forums. (Where I actually care what people see).

You need to log out from the forums and log back in, have you tried that yet?
  • edited December 2017
    Never mind. My bad. Should've read through to the last page.
  • If I ignore a user, it correctly hides their posts in a thread, but it still shows me threads they created. But the front page doesn't show who created a thread, so it's not until I click into something that I can see if is by the user I have ignored. Any fixes for this? (I hope I made sense)
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ignore a user, it correctly hides their posts in a thread, but it still shows me threads they created. But the front page doesn't show who created a thread, so it's not until I click into something that I can see if is by the user I have ignored. Any fixes for this? (I hope I made sense)

I agree, this is something I would very much like to see fixed, as well. But nobody seems to be able to do much of anything as far as customizing these new forums, which seems very, very odd to me, as nearly every forum engine I've used on my own websites has a ton of customization available, and even more if you dig into the code.

• A few times I've seen "awesome"s disappear from someone's post. I know it's not just people deciding to un-awesome, because sometimes mine disappears and I have to put it back.
  • I signed in and my name changed. Please fix Shan

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I signed in and my name changed. Please fix Shan

Instructions on how to change your display name can be found in your forum profile but here they are again:
    To modify your username and/or your email address please go to the your Account on Disruptorbeam.com https://games.disruptorbeam.com/account
    Then log out and log back in on the forums to see the change.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that issue for a while. I had to log out from the forum specifically, not just from where you log in.
  • Shan wrote: »

Instructions on how to change your display name can be found in your forum profile but here they are again:
    To modify your username and/or your email address please go to the your Account on Disruptorbeam.com https://games.disruptorbeam.com/account

Like the time before, this method is not working.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the time before, this method is not working.

It is working fine.
    Your screen name has not been changed on our website though, I see it as guest_906322446118913.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed we have spam again — but thanks to the protocols in place on these new forums, at least they're not able to post brand-new threads. Instead, they employ a trick I've seen many times on other sites, adding a comment that is generic enough it could apply to nearly any thread. I've only seen a few instances, but it's still a bit concerning, as I really don't want them to start showing up in every thread.

Here's the latest one I saw tonight:

65zxq8rp3jgu.jpg

Note the clickable links for various unrelated things below the generic comment — that plus the "guest" account is what gives it away as spam.

I urge anyone who comes across these to flag them as spam so that the DB mods are aware of them right away.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed we have spam again — but thanks to the protocols in place on these new forums, at least they're not able to post brand-new threads. Instead, they employ a trick I've seen many times on other sites, adding a comment that is generic enough it could apply to nearly any thread. I've only seen a few instances, but it's still a bit concerning, as I really don't want them to start showing up in every thread.

Here's the latest one I saw tonight:

65zxq8rp3jgu.jpg

Note the clickable links for various unrelated things below the generic comment — that plus the "guest" account is what gives it away as spam.

I urge anyone who comes across these to flag them as spam so that the DB mods are aware of them right away.

Thanks, I have taken care of that particular one.
  • Just got randomly banned on my other account.

I use a VPN for my laptop and I believe it may have triggered it somehow. Can I get an explanation or an unban? stt/profile/ev3%20grunt%20life
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    grunt life wrote: »
    Just got randomly banned on my other account.

I use a VPN for my laptop and I believe it may have triggered it somehow. Can I get an explanation or an unban? stt/profile/ev3%20grunt%20life

Took care of it, it was linked to an IP ban which I have now removed.
  • Hi. Question: Why is my username blamblam when it reads as bri?!?! I’ve tried to update/ change several times and it seems some part of the website acknowledge me as bri, but the forum threads refer to me as blamblam....taidwbpbe1wp.png
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    blamblam wrote: »
    Hi. Question: Why is my username blamblam when it reads as bri?!?! I’ve tried to update/ change several times and it seems some part of the website acknowledge me as bri, but the forum threads refer to me as blamblam....

It is explained in your profile on these forums, you will need to log out of the forums, then log back in and the change will be displayed :)

We are working on improving this flow, so that a change of this kind will no longer require to log out.