Home Strange New Worlds

My Nerdom IRL

36cehi78chnk.jpeg
÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato

Comments

• ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm part of the (Battleship Yamato and Battleship Musashi) ÷ Fleets. You know, the two cool ones. 😎
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Looking good Finn :)
  • Looking good Finn :)

Thx Jack
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am most jealous right now. Especially about sitting in the chair...very cool!
  • I am most jealous right now. Especially about sitting in the chair...very cool!

Thanks Dirk :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very cool! :)
  • Shan wrote: »
    That is very cool! :)

Thanks Shan <3
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    9dne4cgx0jf7.jpg

At the Kennedy Space Center with an actual Saturn 5 🚀 Rocket in the corner.

I got to go there last April...eating lunch under a lunar lander is one of the cooler things I’ve done. How they have the entire Saturn V in there is quite impressive.
  • edited July 2019
    9dne4cgx0jf7.jpg

I got to go there last April...eating lunch under a lunar lander is one of the cooler things I’ve done. How they have the entire Saturn V in there is quite impressive.

I have been there too and seen one last Shuttle launches ever there on Cocoa Beach (just south of the Cape Canveral).
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • 9dne4cgx0jf7.jpg

The Saturn 5 dwarfs everything else by a lot in our space program size wise.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool stuff, @÷ Dr. Claire Finn! You seem comfortable having your picture taken. For someone like me, that's as admirable as it is enviable. I've gotten to visit my fair share of neat things over the years, including Star Trek: The Experience twice. Because I was so self-conscious, I don't have many of these kinds of photos to show for those visits. I'd break someone's kneecap in front of their own mother for a pic of me at Quark's with my friends!

Were you there before or after they added the Borg Encounter? We were all startled by a specific moment in that one that we still talk about today.
  • Very cool stuff, @÷ Dr. Claire Finn! You seem comfortable having your picture taken. For someone like me, that's as admirable as it is enviable. I've gotten to visit my fair share of neat things over the years, including Star Trek: The Experience twice. Because I was so self-conscious, I don't have many of these kinds of photos to show for those visits. I'd break someone's kneecap in front of their own mother for a pic of me at Quark's with my friends!

Were you there before or after they added the Borg Encounter? We were all startled by a specific moment in that one that we still talk about today.

I was there & saw the 4-D Borg Encounter - it was very cool B)
  • ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @ Tesla showroom in the Woodlands, Texas 11.30.2019
    00q3yq4nkvxx.jpeg
    fpfz2j7lsleh.jpeg
    Very cool B) falcon-wing doors.

• https://youtu.be/c1xnoyoAAMw

Passing time waiting for my drink order to arrive.