Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 3: Press Ctrl-F, type Spock

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why Tourist Trip is a variation of “Trip” instead of “Tucker”?
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I need help from those knowledgeable with the hidden workings of the spreadsheet. I was trying to remove the Unfreeze recommendation on Captain Janeway and One Zero, for being fusable crew. Meanwhile, Dr. Gillian Taylor was recently changed to freeze after I immortalized Q as God.
    Now, when I went to the Settings tab and unchecked Fusable Crew, The reason for unfreezing went away, but the Unfreeze recommendation remained, and Dr. Gillian Taylor was no longer recommended to be frozen. Why did this affect Taylor, and why wasn't Janeway and One Zero changed to frozen?
    Edit: Even better, ALL my frozen crew change to Unfreeze when fusable is unchecked.
    simda1daggul.jpg
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    How do I reconcile the base / proficiency on the sheet with core skill, and minimum or maximum proficiency from the starbase bonus?
    I assume base = core, right? How would min/max get added to one percentage in proficiency?
    26m2pdjnzw3m.jpg
  • Options
    @DigitalPimp Your Core Skill would be recorded as your base. The Skill Proficiency only needs to be logged once, since it is the same for min/max.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Is there a reason why Tourist Trip is a variation of “Trip” instead of “Tucker”?

Not aware of one. They all sort as 'Trip' in game instead of 'Tucker' when listed alphabetically.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Just delving into the Stats page a bit, there's a few missing Series in column D. Fairly easy to enter, just not sure why.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Not aware of one. They all sort as 'Trip' in game instead of 'Tucker' when listed alphabetically.

@calsnowskier While most are named Tucker, the game sorts them as Trip. You can change the one out of place, or the Tuckers to Trip. Leshy will probably make the adjustment in future versions, since you pointed it out.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    and why wasn't Janeway and One Zero changed to frozen?
    Edit: Even better, ALL my frozen crew change to Unfreeze when fusable is unchecked.

If it helps, (not sure how correct it is), I removed the values in Stats column BG from all but crew that can be fused, that fixed all my frozen crew being marked unfreeze. I also changed the last value on the fusable crew in column BI to be >1. That changed my Janeway and One Zero to be frozen when Settings Fusable was unchecked.
  • Options
    Leshy, you are my hero! I love this spreadsheet - what a lot of hard work! I liked when you had "need" or "space" connected to a crew member, rather than "need" for all. Could I have a link to one of the last spreadsheets that had the "space" advice on it? I know it won't be as updated but I could still use it and compare it to the latest. (easier on my eyes) Thanks for all of these!
  • Options
    Nagus, is it possible you forgot to update some of your info in the latest version? If it doesn't realise you have the crew (or have completed the node, collection etc) that might be why it's telling you you "need" everyone.

Places to check you've copied all your info across: crew tab (mainly the stars owned and active/inactive columns), missions tab, settings tab.
  • Options
    Sylv1deSylv1de ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I asked the question ealier, the data for the DNA comes from stt wiki. Not from the suppositions we can make from the game. This would mean the wiki needs to be updated.

NB: For some reason I can't seem to quote the last message about the trip/tucker issue. Sorry for breaking the chain.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylv1De wrote: »
    I asked the question ealier, the data for the DNA comes from stt wiki. Not from the suppositions we can make from the game. This would mean the wiki needs to be updated.

NB: For some reason I can't seem to quote the last message about the trip/tucker issue. Sorry for breaking the chain.

You can post which Wiki updates are needed in this thread on The Bridge:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/694/wiki-edits-that-need-to-be-added#latest

Thanks for all your hard work, @Leshy ! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're awesome as always. @Leshy
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Leshy wrote: »
    And a new update is in with the latest crew and some fixes!

Thanks so much Leshy!! Much appreciated as always!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot @Leshy :)
    Just curious, did the freeze calculation change a bit? Had a lot of recommendations to freeze purples on my main and even 3 (plus some partials) on my vip0.
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    The freeze calculation did not change, but basing the 'Best Skill' requirements off of FF stats may have removed it from a few crew that were not supposed to have it in the first place.

You'd have to check against your previous version of the sheet to see what requirements were removed that now cause them to be listed as freezable.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi Leshy ... thanks for the awesome resource and the last update

When searching for event crew to unfreeze and level for next week's faction event .. i noticed some crew were missing from the list ...
    Prisoner trait is missing from the stats tab .... when searching in the vault for a priso They are listed

Amelia Earheart
    Klingon Torres
    Maid Marian
    Martia
    Quinn
    Rura Penthe Reed
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Xindi Prisoner Archer
    Gladiator McCoy

• Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Prisoner trait is missing from the stats tab ....
    Thanks for the notification, will add!

• Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Amelia Earheart
    Klingon Torres
    Maid Marian
    Martia
    Quinn
    Rura Penthe Reed
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Xindi Prisoner Archer
    Gladiator McCoy

Rura Penthe Kirk and Prisoner Bones McCoy need the Prisoner trait added as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for your hard work Leshy,
    I have a couple issues with version 3.16. The formulas in column B of the Data sheet are pointing to "!Settings" instead of "Settings," leading to REF errors. Also frozen crew are showing up in the recommended crew in the Missions sheet. It appears the Data sheet isn't taken Frozen status into account.
  • Options
    Also frozen crew are showing up in the recommended crew in the Missions sheet. It appears the Data sheet isn't taken Frozen status into account.
    I figured out what happened with this one. In the Starbase/Collection bonuses, I had left off the percent symbols. So the workbook was multiplying all stats by 1000s. :#

• Options
    Hi Leshy ... thanks for the awesome resource and the last update

When searching for event crew to unfreeze and level for next week's faction event .. i noticed some crew were missing from the list ...
    Prisoner trait is missing from the stats tab .... when searching in the vault for a priso They are listed

Amelia Earheart
    Klingon Torres
    Maid Marian
    Martia
    Quinn
    Rura Penthe Reed
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Xindi Prisoner Archer
    Gladiator McCoy

Xindi Prisoner Archer Isn't actually a Prisoner (he doesn't have the trait). He just comes up because of his name
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Kafitrar wrote: »
    Thanks for your hard work Leshy,
    I have a couple issues with version 3.16. The formulas in column B of the Data sheet are pointing to "!Settings" instead of "Settings," leading to REF errors.
    I had a look, and while I do see a slightly incorrect reference, it is actually to "$Settings", which does not lead to any errors as far as I can tell. I have fixed it now, but I am not able to replicate your error.

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Here is an announcement regarding a release... from the future! Well, not entirely. Just a bit.

I have been working on improving the Voyage recommendations in the sheet. The current ones are fairly basic and do not always make sense in each case. In particular, it would be great if the sheet could give more weighting to more rare skill combinations – a CMD/DIP/MED crew should be more valuable than a CMD/DIP/SEC crew, given similar (or even very slightly worse) stats. It would also be helpful if the sheet could indicate crew with only one matching Voyage skill if they were an actual better option than crew with both matching skills, and if you could set some sort of minimum upgrade limit to avoid the sheet indicating very marginal upgrades.

The good news is that version 3.20beta now does all of these things, and that the current default values seem to more or less work okay with my own roster after tinkering with them for a bit. The bad news is that I have no idea whether they also work well for all of your crews! The once again good news is that you can help and test:

Do Not Airlock Checklist 3.20 beta 1 (2019-09-16)

It is based on 3.16 and does not contain new crew or new fixes. It would be great to get some feedback on whether the new Voyage recommendations in this version make sense. From the changelog included in the sheet:
    Voyage recommendations are overhauled:

The Settings screen now has multipliers for the tertiary skill of any crew (if they have any). This allows more rare tertiary skills (MED, SCI, ENG) to be valued higher than more common tertiary skills (DIP, MED, SEC). This should give preference to crew with more rare skill combinations when the primary/secondary stat totals are close.

Voyage recommendations are now given for any skill combination of which a crew member has at least one skill (eg. a DIP/CMD/ENG crew would get a voyage score for DIP/MED voyages, but not for SCI/SEC). By default, there will be a lot more voyage recommendations listed, but they should dwindle as you fill in your crew.

The Settings screen also has a multiplier for the primary or secondary skill of a crew when it is not the primary or secondary skill for a Voyage. This should be equal to or lower than the tertiary skill multiplier, as the primary and secondary skills of crew are generally much higher, and multipliers have far bigger impacts: an ENG/SCI/DIP crew would get a disproportionately high ranking for DIP/CMD voyages if the higher ENG/SCI multipliers were applied to the already high primary and secondary ENG/SCI values.

The Voyage requirement now reads 'Voyage Crew' for Active crew, and 'Voyage Upgrade' for unobtained or Frozen crew. This should make the recommendation a bit clearer.

The Settings screen now has a setting to determine how much higher a crew's Voyage score needs to be over your current weakest voyage crew for that skill combination (determined by the "No. of crew to keep" setting). Eg. if your 4th best DIP/ENG crew has a voyage score of 2600, the 'Voyage Upgrade' recommendation should only show on crew with a voyage score of at least 2650. This should avoid the sheet from recommending very minor upgrades.

END OF ANNOUNCEMENT
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Since there is an event component now, are you planning on releasing updates with new characters prior to events?
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Although I will do my best to keep the sheet as up-to-date as possible, there will likely not be an update before every event, no.
  • Options
    @Leshy The 3.20 beta seems to be working well for me with the new voyage options. Adjusting crew fuse levels appears to add/eliminate options appropriately.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Leshy Same here. Things are looking good so far (and your updates are plenty frequent, once a month or so works good).
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    For this event these crew do not show up for me when I put Prisoner in as a trait on the settings tab:

Gladiator McCoy
    Prison Break Lorca
    Rura Penthe Reed
    Martia
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017