Home Ready Room

Top 20 Legendary Crew in need of Freezing?

For those of us looking to make room on our roster; what are the top 20 legendary crew that are in need of cryogenic freezing? We are looking for crew with bigger and badder versions out there. Let’s build a bench warmer list.

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about who I would choose for such a list but I will say that the first two legendaries I have frozen from my own crew are Minuet and Dr. Soong. They just didn’t find any work to justify keeping them active, certainly not on voyages and sadly not on shuttles either. And I’ll be honest - Mirror Kirk is in danger of joining them, no matter how much I like him...when filling COM/SEC shuttle slots when running a COM/SEC voyage is your only job, a job that could probably be done by partially-fused crew, it’s getting to be the end of the line (though he is still awesome during events).

I do firmly believe that every legendary could be useful on someone’s crew; this list should consist of crew that aren’t useful on many crews. Shinzon is the usual punching bag here, of course, as he fits multiple criteria:

-common skill set
    -power creep victim
    -little/no event potential
    -no gauntlet/arena utility

Anyone else that meets all four of those I think would be reasonable to include on the list.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no need to freeze anyone but I can give you a list of 5/5’s that I NEVER use, and I do mean never:

Minuet
    Detective Data
    Emotion Chip Data
    Grand Nagus Rom
    Crell Moset
    Romulan Data
    Bell Riots Jadzia
    Satans Robot
    Alternate Future Bashir
    Orion Vina
    Mobile Doctor
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about who I would choose for such a list but I will say that the first two legendaries I have frozen from my own crew are Minuet and Dr. Soong. They just didn’t find any work to justify keeping them active, certainly not on voyages and sadly not on shuttles either. And I’ll be honest - Mirror Kirk is in danger of joining them, no matter how much I like him...when filling COM/SEC shuttle slots when running a COM/SEC voyage is your only job, a job that could probably be done by partially-fused crew, it’s getting to be the end of the line (though he is still awesome during events).

I do firmly believe that every legendary could be useful on someone’s crew; this list should consist of crew that aren’t useful on many crews. Shinzon is the usual punching bag here, of course, as he fits multiple criteria:

-common skill set
    -power creep victim
    -little/no event potential
    -no gauntlet/arena utility

Anyone else that meets all four of those I think would be reasonable to include on the list.

I think it's okay to treat certain legendaries as supercharged super rares and add them to the thaw list for events. Mirror Kirk is perhaps the quintessential example; his bases probably aren't shuttle worthy for any roster far enough along to have finished him, but Kirk is on an event tear this year with 6 so far and Mirror can pull his weight there.

And, yea, as we continue our foray into the trait mega era, we'll see all sorts of previously unconsidered crew have their chances to shine.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my roughly 3 years playing the game, I've only airlocked three legendaries that I can remember -- when crew slots were low and finishing super rares was a higher priority for me. I haven't missed them, even a little, so I recommend them for this list. The three were:

Dr. Soong -- even two years ago, his stats looked terrible, and the one node where his science skill and cyberneticist trait were needed can be unlocked by a fully fused super rare Lore.

23rd Century Martok -- I don't care what collections he's in, he's an abomination with weak stats.

Maid Marian Vash -- Weak two-skill stats, weak character, etc.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Scott. No use for a 1 skill legendary
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • cmdrworf wrote: »

Some people swear by his passives for arena use. I don't think it's as strong an option as the currently popular quick burst crew, but for someone who does not yet have an expansive arena crew at least he has a use.

My list:
    Grilka, Binars, Rogue Kai Winn, Admiral Cartwright, Soong, Changeling Founder, Tora Ziyal, Inglatu, Degra, Laroque, Vina, Shinzon, Admiral Nechayev, Gul Madred.. I feel bad for anyone getting them in a begold.
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Some people swear by his passives for arena use. I don't think it's as strong an option as the currently popular quick burst crew, but for someone who does not yet have an expansive arena crew at least he has a use.

My list:
    Grilka, Binars, Rogue Kai Winn, Admiral Cartwright, Soong, Changeling Founder, Tora Ziyal, Inglatu, Degra, Laroque, Vina, Shinzon, Admiral Nechayev, Gul Madred.. I feel bad for anyone getting them in a begold.

Nechayev gets occasional voyage and gauntlet use for me. Plus I personally think she was a great character and thus a cool card

• VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    Captain Scott is good for arena not (only) because of his passive stats but because of his 4 sec activation time which makes him to be activated before any insta damagers regardless of his position.

Kinda surprised to see Degra in such list. I think he’s quite decent.

And I’ve chosen Detective Data in a begold not so long ago on purpose, needed a one damn investigator to finally clear that stupid last node I haven’t cleared yet.

As for my list: I’d like to mention Bateson, Gunslinger Uhura and Bashirs
    Vesmer wrote: »
    Captain Scott is good for arena not (only) because of his passive stats but because of his 4 sec activation time which makes him to be activated before any insta damagers regardless of his position.

Kinda surprised to see Degra in such list. I think he’s quite decent.

And I’ve chosen Detective Data in a begold not so long ago on purpose, needed a one damn investigator to finally clear that stupid last node I haven’t cleared yet.

As for my list: I’d like to mention Bateson, Gunslinger Uhura and Bashirs

Yes I did need Data for that node as well but after that, nada
  • I think i used an Odo or something for that node? pretty sure there's another option now instead of Detective Data. Still, any Data does not make my list because with a few stars he'd probably make shuttles as an event variant, and there are lots of data events.

To be fair I didn't realize Degra had good +atk with a short initiation, which kind of makes him a good arena pair with scotty ironically, though only once he's got a few stars. That's a pretty uncommon scenario for usefulness but it's there I guess. He's only got 2 events, and he's 2 skill, so unless you happen to get a lot of early to mid game drops of him and don't have high speed arena/skirmish burst crew yet, I don't see his usefulness.

Bateson... good call. One of 2 legends I've airlocked so far (Grilka being the other). Sad airlocking a legend over partially fused SR crew, but I really didn't need him for the one event he was a variant since I've been playing.
  • I think i used an Odo or something for that node? pretty sure there's another option now instead of Detective Data.

Thrax is the major addition to the ones that can clear that node.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

My list:

Of crew I own:
    How Kai Opaka didn't make this list is a mystery to me ...
    Convergence Day Quark is another that just doesn't have much going for him once you've immortalised him (collection value and the odd event).

If I ever get there, I'll probably freeze any 2-skill 5* in the same way that at one point I just insta-froze 2-skill 4*s no matter what their merit was (even Mirror Phlox). To then just rotate key crew out for events (e.g. like the Data examples above, just defrost them for Data events ...).
    I have no issues with freezing the likes of (none currently immortal) Mirror Landry, Dancing Uhura, Mariachi Q, Will Scarlett, Niners Sisko, Mirror Reed ...
    Or 3-skillers (none currently immortal unfortunately) like Captain Sisko, Commander Troi, Suliban Reed, Admiral Janeway, Captain Harry Kim, Mintakan Riker, Agent Janeway and probably a few others if push comes to shove ...

As for reality;
    I have a ton of space on my roster, but Minuet is one who I've considered for the freezer, though she is the only 2-skiller 5* I've immortalised ... my #5 base DIP at the moment and #9 base CMD.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think i used an Odo or something for that node? pretty sure there's another option now instead of Detective Data. Still, any Data does not make my list because with a few stars he'd probably make shuttles as an event variant, and there are lots of data events.
    But you could still freeze him and only use him for events. The topic was Freezer, not airlock. ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • I think i used an Odo or something for that node? pretty sure there's another option now instead of Detective Data. Still, any Data does not make my list because with a few stars he'd probably make shuttles as an event variant, and there are lots of data events.
    But you could still freeze him and only use him for events. The topic was Freezer, not airlock. ;)

My mistake, thank you for pointing that out. that makes the list significantly longer for options to freeze.