Home Engineering Room

7.2.0 iOS issue

App just got updated on my iPhone 8 to version 7.2.0 and... error message on loading. Can’t get in. d4u6x8j8x28j.png

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovinox wrote: »
    App just got updated on my iPhone 8 to version 7.2.0 and... error message on loading. Can’t get in. d4u6x8j8x28j.png

Cross-posting from another thread here in Engineering:
    Shan wrote: »
    If the game was down it would actually make things much easier, we would let you know, investigate the issue, fix it and it would get resolved.

The issue is still ongoing.
    It is an AWS DNS resolution issue, intermittent at that.
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

It affects access to our game but also these forums and hosted images.

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Saw these messages after starting the thread unfortunately. Actually the game started working again after a while although it still crashes every so often.
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    The only problem I have after the update to 7.2.0 is that the planets turn white on me every now and then, when I’m doing something.

52rnie17caid.png
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I now see a number of things noticed by others up to this point...really regretting having turned on automatic app updates. iPhone 8, iOS 13.1.3.

-crash on startup (once)
    -obscene load time on startup (at least five times as long as the previous version)
    -oddly long arena load time (approximately double the usual)
    -permanent brightening of buttons for arena, cadet challenges, etc. after initial use
    -all images, from crew portraits in the crew screen to background images in the cadet missions screen, take a noticeable time to load for a few minutes after startup
    -yellow stat numbers

That’s it for now, will report back if some of these others pop up.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw these messages after starting the thread unfortunately. Actually the game started working again after a while although it still crashes every so often.

What device/os version are you using?
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

What device/os version are you using?

iPhone 8 iOS 13.1.3
    App is 7.2.0
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I now see a number of things noticed by others up to this point...really regretting having turned on automatic app updates. iPhone 8, iOS 13.1.3.

-crash on startup (once)
    -obscene load time on startup (at least five times as long as the previous version)
    -permanent brightening of buttons for arena, cadet challenges, etc. after initial use
    -all images, from crew portraits in the crew screen to background images in the cadet missions screen, take a noticeable time to load for a few minutes after startup
    -yellow stat numbers

I noticed a really long loading time too (iPhone 10 XR). And the goofy new shuttle staffing set up where the secondary and tertiary skills are switched. Game did a forced restart. Gave a new background I haven’t seen and I was like NNNOOO!!!! The new update was forced! I’ve been reading lots of issues so I was hoping they wouldn’t still force it on us

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

-crash on startup (once)
    -yellow stat numbers

I noticed a really long loading time too (iPhone 10 XR). And the goofy new shuttle staffing set up where the secondary and tertiary skills are switched. Game did a forced restart. Gave a new background I haven’t seen and I was like NNNOOO!!!! The new update was forced! I’ve been reading lots of issues so I was hoping they wouldn’t still force it on us

Sorry that happened to you, Banjo’s human. I am still running the old version on my main phone, as I have the automatic updates for all apps disabled on’t. My understanding is that DB will provide advance notice of a forced update (for its app), which is a different thing altogether. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Why are only the top two stats yellow?
  • Wright wrote: »
    Why are only the top two stats yellow?

Oh, weird. I’ve just equipped an item on someone that updated their third skill and now it’s changed the third skill for everyone to yellow to match the top two.
  • VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭

-crash on startup (once)
    -yellow stat numbers

I’ve seen these on my iPad Pro/iPhone XS too: increased load time, brightening of the buttons (they go back to normal if I open daily missions but it’s still quite annoying) and noticeable load time for images and list of away missions in build section for equipment

-crash on startup (once)
    -yellow stat numbers

Sorry that happened to you, Banjo’s human. I am still running the old version on my main phone, as I have the automatic updates for all apps disabled on’t. My understanding is that DB will provide advance notice of a forced update (for its app), which is a different thing altogether. 🖖

I do have a new phone so maybe I didn’t shut the automatic update off. You’re prolly right, I prolly still could be running off the old one. I sure wish I was

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

-crash on startup (once)
    -yellow stat numbers

Yep, the way the skills are displayed in the shuttle mission screen not only is unnecessarily reordered, I’d argue that the way it is jumbled up hurts the eyes, too. It feels like one of those Magic Eye pictures, but one that was done wrong so that the image never resolved no matter how much your eyes readjust.
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭

-crash on startup (once)
    -yellow stat numbers

Yep, the way the skills are displayed in the shuttle mission screen not only is unnecessarily reordered, I’d argue that the way it is jumbled up hurts the eyes, too. It feels like one of those Magic Eye pictures, but one that was done wrong so that the image never resolved no matter how much your eyes readjust.

I had seen all the reported issues on Android with the new update and was so glad they had not rolled it to iOS... until they did. And now we see the exact same issues. Can’t wait for the new app version to show up.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longer loading time at launch should only happen the first time you launch the app after the update.
  • crwar7nufaju.jpg

ctqa2we9l3r5.jpg

I just had mine IOS auto update. Man...talk about a pain in the A to look for crew on the shuttle missions, this does actually look weird and hurts my eyes hurt too, typically with a shuttle event on too!
    Why reorder the skills? The icons are so spread out that icons overlap on some crew portraits!
    Weyoun 69 wrote: »
    crwar7nufaju.jpg

ctqa2we9l3r5.jpg

I just had mine IOS auto update. Man...talk about a pain in the A to look for crew on the shuttle missions, this does actually look weird and hurts my eyes hurt too, typically with a shuttle event on too!
    Why reorder the skills? The icons are so spread out that icons overlap on some crew portraits!

It’s pretty brutal. I ran shuttles last night just to get used to the fact that the skill order from primary to tertiary has changed. Didn’t want to mess up staffing my event shuttles

• calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since update, along with an iOS update to 13.1.3 on my iPad, I am noticing a few “features” (maybe already mentioned in this thread??)...

Random stats are hi-lighted orange/gold. There may be logic to this I just haven’t picked up on yet??

On the player-card in the shuttle ui, the stats are spread a bit too wide. The left-most stat is all the way to the left, getting interfered with by the character image.

In chat, I can no longer manually place the cursor anywhere in the text box. If I activate the text box, the cursor defaults to the opening slot and I cannot move it. This MAY be an iOS issue because I am noticing similar behavior elsewhere on my iPad since my upgrade to 13.1.3.

The mission (farming) buttons are better placed. In the past, the ad-double and warp-10 buttonS overlapped. Now they are clearly separated. THANK YOU!!

hope this helps
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    IOS13.1.3
    The yellow color to the stat has no rhym or reason. They are random. Mix yellow for FE lvl 100 locutus
    cx6mzwx09lld.jpeg

Some or all depending on lvl for maras and BTW is maras at lvl 20 or 89-90
    eijwdpynsw3q.jpeg
    ahgnua4a8ylk.jpeg

Will not let me train or equip maras.
    012ef52o8slp.jpeg
    s08r03o9e8tf.jpeg
    x77ug1st9q9m.jpeg
    4lau7jk63275.jpeg
  • Shuttle crew screen is horrible on eyes. Numbers are very small given the size of the box and empty space avail. Not to mention out of order.
    eaw46g8s43x9.png

My shuttles all continue to say “expires in” when it should say “completes in” cuz they are actively running.
    isrqwcbsv0ai.jpeg
  • Control screen? Wheres my record video button?
    qh5hpfqmvyb7.jpeg
    uy2gwzt1dcs1.jpeg
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Crew screen intermittent white box.
    xhb9ejuual5s.jpeg
    xixp4jw3tmqh.jpeg
    3a81kf5hatvy.jpeg
  • This pop up overlay still happening.
    9gdp5jdhqp1n.jpeg

Very long load time for arena
    a7ntqtin90en.jpeg
  • This is still happening.
    b5qz880n8e3m.jpeg
  • @shan.
    I am continuing to post pics for the tech team to work on for the QOL improvements. I am not trying to be redundant or a major pain. I am working under the reasonable thought process....If you dont know, how can you fix it?
    These are all new from IOS 13.1.3. Playing the the new 7.2.0 version of STT app.
    App closed and restarted multiple times daily. Never left running unless in use.

I would also suggest in a general sense that spectacular graphics are important in gaming and an essential part of traveling, beholds, ship battles, etc... however gold and purple swirly effects are not necessary for a box that contains a 3* blue card or 3* ship schems. They are not needed during skirmish events for every battle reward. Sliding up/down/left boxes on dailies with all of the bright blinding colored boxes are also not an essential part of gameplay experience.
    My point.... many of the glitches got worse or showed up as the tech teams seemed more interested in color variations, swirling, moving drops and boxes in every portion or aspect of the game. I suspect if some of these non-essential graphic effects are scaled back to beholds or portions that deserve them, the technical issues would calm down.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening.
    b5qz880n8e3m.jpeg

What device are you using?
  • IOS, i phone 6s, 8, i pad mini, all updated properly. All same problem.
  • And this too is quite frustrating. I cant find the crew i want.
    83pm1gac21i3.jpeg
    bkj8u1894wgs.jpeg
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this too is quite frustrating. I cant find the crew i want.
    83pm1gac21i3.jpeg
    bkj8u1894wgs.jpeg

There should be better sorting of the crew anyway, but that is a gripe that belongs elsewhere
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thx to the forced update, 7.3 has totally messed up my game. Its slowed down huge. Images takes too long(er) to load if u scroll through crew or vault or other stuff. Its super annoying. I was on 7.1. before and all was fine. Not sure what u changed but please change it back, using an ipadPro 9.7 and latest iOS.
    z1g42swr4ra5.jpeg
    r1qltxlgt8tf.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•