Home Make It So!
Options

Add Trait Bonuses to Non-Event Shuttle Missions

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Make It So!
Most of us have a core stable of crew who make their way onto Voyages depending on the skill combo, and then a core stable of leftovers who go out on shuttles. The majority of our active crew are x/4's we haven't frozen yet and x/5's we probably never will. Once they're one-upped, they're relegated to hoping for an event bonus. For someone like my 2/5 Admiral Cartwright, that day is almost certainly never going to come.

I believe adding a daily trait bonus to non-event shuttles would go a long way toward alleviating some of that disappointment. If we had a day where Saboteurs, for instance, got a shuttle bonus, all of a sudden my 2/5 Admiral Cartwright becomes my new #4 base CMD, outperforming my default #1, First Officer Burnham. Admiral Cartwright gets to see the inside of a shuttle that day!

Since this is for non-event shuttles, there's no pressure to spend merits and shuffle crew around to thaw anyone. It would just give our permanently active but not really "active active" crew a greater chance of semi-regular use.

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I like this idea too.. it would be nice to switch the normally used crew around a bit once in a while.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow, I like this! Even an immortal Purrfessor Sato can't get 99 purrcent without any skill boosts on a standard (hardest difficulty) shuttle mission (non-event) that has a featured AND slot (her two strongest skills). If there were bonus traits on non-event shuttles, it would be possible to get a purrfect shuttle and you could really just use the boosties on actual event shuttles. Right meow I'm actually using blue boosties on non-event shuttles all the time to squeeze out a few extra purrcents.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a really great idea, Travis. My 1-4/5* crew has grown quite large and most of them just sit on their duffs in their quarters, waiting for the odd event that they can help with. It’s be nice to seem them outside of the times when I need warm bodies to staff kickstart shuttles.