Home Engineering Room
Options

7.5 Feedback and Issues thread

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Engineering Room
Our newest client, 7.5, has been released for Facebook, Facebook Gameroom and Steam.
It will probably be on Steam later today as well, other platforms will follow in the coming days.

Don't forget that some features will only be enabled after a force upgrade :)

When providing feedback/reporting issues please be concise and precise (platform/device for instance).

Comments

• Options
    DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    Will auto-mode for ship battles be available in Skirmish?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daev wrote: »
    Will auto-mode for ship battles be available in Skirmish?

Yes.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this give an advantage to Facebook users on this event?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Doesn't this give an advantage to Facebook users on this event?

Only if that feature was to go live now, which it does not :)
    How can I make that clearer/ better? ;p
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any indication if this update could go live during this event? Or is it more likely some time after Monday?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any indication if this update could go live during this event? Or is it more likely some time after Monday?

You mean the force update? No, we would not do that during an event.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

You mean the force update? No, we would not do that during an event.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you! Skirmish will proceed as normal. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Steam version has been released as well :)
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I've restarted the Facebook version twice and the ship management feature isn't there. The buffs are there, but not the new ship menu. Am I doing something wrong?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Darth Skippy, Shan said that feature would be available after everyone was forced to upgrade to 7.5. It currently isn't available on android or iOS.
  • Options
    Do you know (are you allowed to tell us) if the speed-up will apply to the opening and closing animation of space battles?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've restarted the Facebook version twice and the ship management feature isn't there. The buffs are there, but not the new ship menu. Am I doing something wrong?

Other than not thoroughly reading the release notes, nope not a thing... ;)
    The following changes will only be available once every player is on 7.5, after a force upgrade.
    Ship Management
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Shan, I think so, some people just don't read everything.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Other than not thoroughly reading the release notes, nope not a thing... ;)
    The following changes will only be available once every player is on 7.5, after a force upgrade.
    Ship Management

Wow guys, way to be rude and treat me like I'm stupid. Forgive me for misunderstanding. Wish I could elevate myself to your levels of perfection. So nice to find a toxic environment here. Thanks for that. I wish I could say what needs to be really said, but I don't want to be banned. Looking at you also, Gib-Admiral Mariners. Shame on you, Shan, for fostering and encouraging toxicity and belittling members here.
  • Options
    Darth Skippy, I was not trying to belittle anyone, stating a fact that shan had said elsewhere, and then agreed that people, not just you but in general did not read that. Some of them had asked the question else where, so agreeing that she might want to change how she words things. Y
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Darth Skippy, I was not trying to belittle anyone, stating a fact that shan had said elsewhere, and then agreed that people, not just you but in general did not read that. Some of them had asked the question else where, so agreeing that she might want to change how she words things. Y

BS. You knew exactly what you were doing. It's so easy on the internet to put down other ppl. Love to meet you and you can try doing it to my face. But cowards like you and Nomad wouldn't have the courage. No, it's much too fun and self-inflating to be an internet troll. Congrats. Sleep well tonight.
  • Options
    I hope we can take a step back and see that @Darth Skippy 's question will bring a positive change to release notes. Shan will start noting which changes will go live immediately and which will be live at forced upgrade. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    You can end the current ship battle immediately after you won by clicking after the enemy ship explodes - that saves you viewing the animation. However, the screen is not cleaned up when you do that, probably because that was not necessary in the old situation. In the next battle you then see the crew member that was last used. I'm on the Steam version.
    plqv256v5d7l.jpg
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can end the current ship battle immediately after you won by clicking after the enemy ship explodes - that saves you viewing the animation. However, the screen is not cleaned up when you do that, probably because that was not necessary in the old situation. In the next battle you then see the crew member that was last used. I'm on the Steam version.
    <image snipped for space>

I would guess that's due to the exact same long-standing issue that we've had regarding ship battles: previously, in either Arena or Skirmishes, if you activated a crew at the exact moment that a ship was being destroyed, that crew would then show up right away for the next battle.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow guys, way to be rude and treat me like I'm stupid. Forgive me for misunderstanding. Wish I could elevate myself to your levels of perfection. So nice to find a toxic environment here. Thanks for that. I wish I could say what needs to be really said, but I don't want to be banned. Looking at you also, Gib-Admiral Mariners. Shame on you, Shan, for fostering and encouraging toxicity and belittling members here.

Darth Skippy,
    While it is true that sometimes our forums can be toxic and members' behavior can be less than ideal - it truly believe this was not the case in this thread.

However I can also see how you could have perceived it differently, and how the intent in my subsequent reply could have been misconstrued, and for that I apologize.

It is a good reminder for all of us to be more mindful when posting.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.5.2 is now available on Google Play and on Windows Store as well.
  • Options
    Shan,

Thanks
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.5.2 on iOS looks fabulous, Shan. Kudos to you & your teammates! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The new Splash Page looks great! The "buff" page has no usefulness to me at all but somebody (who probably made a lot of noise here) must have some use for it. ;) So far so good .... now waiting for the forced update so I can 'play' with my ships AND get some of the ship battles automated (that's my fav)! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    The new Splash Page looks great! The "buff" page has no usefulness to me at all but somebody (who probably made a lot of noise here) must have some use for it. ;) So far so good .... now waiting for the forced update so I can 'play' with my ships AND get some of the ship battles automated (that's my fav)! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

The Buff section soon will become very useful for you as well, trust me. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Just Updated the Windows 10 App. Still randomly freezing.

Android and Steam do not.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to say that it is out on iOS as well.
    Now we're waiting on Samsung, Huawei, and Amazon.
    There will be a force upgrade next week.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    There will be a force upgrade next week.

I presume you mean a forced update.

Can you tell use which day it will take place? I'm looking forward to some of the new features.

That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.