Home Engineering Room

7.5.2 features feedback Ship UI - Ship Battles Speed Up and animation skip

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Use this thread for any issues/feedback.
As per usual please be concise and precise - thank you!

Comments

• Firstly this is an amazing update one that we needed.
    It has some great options, but when it comes to owned schematics is not working like i expected. I expected for the owned schematics to be shows as whatever level that ships is no matter the completion, here i only see owned schematics only for ships that i have up to max level, anything max level doesn't show how many i own.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i was really looking forward to this particular feature! i am mostly glad its arrived. something i dislike with auto play: abilities of the ship and crew do not activate as soon as they become available. this messes up strategies. when i build new bridge crew i take into consideration that the AI will auto activate abilities as they become available and put crew in certain slots.
    for example, on the bounty i have placed rura penthe kirk in a slot before other crew that also activate at 6 seconds so his ability will go first, right after cloaking in order to use that 500% nuke. with the auto play on i have seen the ships ability of hull repair (which becomes clickable at 4 seconds) trigger right after cloaking instead, which starts at 6 seconds, which then breaks cloak and nullifies kirks damage. why does the AI wait to activate the 4 second ability? this doesnt always happen but ive seen it a few times today.
    captain pikes ability becomes clickable at 4 seconds but the AI does not activate it until much, MUCH later. ive burned though 20 matches today to watch what the AI does. laborer spock activates on time at 4 seconds, the ships damage reflect ability activates on time and so does cloak but other crew abilities take far longer to trigger. in capt pikes case i counted about 10 seconds elapsing before the AI activated him. thus far, it has never utilized him on time ( 4 seconds). it always waits quite a while.
  • I played on steam and oddly enough the "Intro skip" is there, but auto is not, yet when I play using microsoft the full skip and auto is available even after re-starting the game 4 times.
    The Maryland Fleet need YOU, come and join us!
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played on steam and oddly enough the "Intro skip" is there, but auto is not, yet when I play using microsoft the full skip and auto is available even after re-starting the game 4 times.

Are you playing the same account on all platforms?
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m playing on iPhone 7. The speed up and auto toggles seem really close together and it’s hard to tell when they’re activated. I’d like to see them change color or something when activated. I also agree that it seems like crew members activate MUCH slower than they should. It might be fine for skirmishes, but I took a walloping in arena, which is not usually the case.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto play and speed up work just as smooth, havn t noticed that crew members get activated any late at all so far, but might be because of my bridge/crew set up.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    ive been toying with auto play some more and spent way too much dil on arena tix today. capt pike wont activate on time, if at all during the match. ive tried switching seat positions, changing crew, and changing ships. i wondered if the AI is programmed to not activate very large attack bonuses on time in order to keep us at a disadvantage, lol. however i find that crew with +9 attack still activate on time. i dont have another +10 attack crew like pike to test this. does anyone have crew with a +10 attack bonus find that the auto play activates it on time?
    i find it peculiar that sometimes the AI will hold back on triggering an ability as a way to break cloak so a crew that relies on cloak for its bonus will be unable to get an advantage from it. however that could just be a timing bug. i should note that when i have a crew member that has a cloak trigger i am choosing other crew that either dont have the same activate timer or if they do then i move them to seats so the cloak triggered crew goes first.

edit: further playing and i think i see what the AI is doing. it is waiting to use the ships hull repair ability until later in the match where it might be useful instead of activating it right at 4 seconds, thereby wasting it. it doesnt seem to do this based on a timer . i think its waiting until the hull is at or below a certain %. this is a good thing, imo
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, thankyou for the crew slot sale, my second account needs it.

I'm loving the new ship menu. It is something the game has needed for a long time, and this is a big improvement. I particularly like the ability to show ships by star rating, and then sort and search them.

The ships owned, unowned shows all ships, I'm not sure if this is right.

Ship level should sort by level, and then sort each level by schematics owned (most to least) so that the ones which are easiest to upgrade are first.

Similarly the schematics own sorting seems a but haywire. Finished ships either should not appear here, or should be at the bottom. Instead I have "The Artifact" and "Assimilated Voyager" both at level 1/10 with 0/175 schematics appearing at the bottom of the list.

Also the sort by schematics owned, does not take into account the ship level, and schematics needed to upgrade the ship. My Cardassian Keldon at 6/10 and 710/775 sits below Captain Proton's ship at 7/10 and 780/1050. In my opinion it would be better if there was an option "Schematics needed to upgrade."

These comments aside, this in an excellent improvement and 10/10
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    i was really looking forward to this particular feature! i am mostly glad its arrived. something i dislike with auto play: abilities of the ship and crew do not activate as soon as they become available.

I don't think autoplay is meant to be competitive. It is more for when you just want to hit the button, put the phone down hope for the best. It is good if you have an over-powered crew for skirmishes.

Autoplay cannot work with all players strategies that they have developed, knowing the order they press buttons, when to go for the kill, or wait for the cloak to come down.

I'm not convinced we need autoplay, but this is a good implementation of it.

I do like the animation skipping, and 2x speed.
  • GrimbleGrimble ✭✭
    For me, the skip button appears and functions properly before and after the ship battles. The auto and speed up buttons don’t appear at all.

I play primary on iPhone, but the above behavior (skip button there, auto / speed up not there) also occurs on Steam and on my android tablet. I am using the same account on all three platforms.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skip and speed up work fine. I have an issue with the activation time. I ran a bunch of tests and the crew activate apparently randomly. My Happy Hands Ezri sometimes activates several seconds after she can. For me, I thank you for the speed up, but I'll be manually firing off my crew.
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The auto and 3x speed are only available on my main account. I can skip the animations on both, but my second account cannot speed up 3x or auto function. Same devices have tried on multiple platforms. Samsung galaxy s10. The issue is not specific to the device, it is account specific. My main account can skip animations, auto, and 3x. But my second account can only skip animations before and after battle. I have tried on steam, windows, android, and iPhone. Something specific to the account is preventing it. Also on that same second account I cannot dismiss crew using the dismiss all function after opening packs. Not sure if this is related or not.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ship sorting is alright.

The intro/outdo is GREAT.

The auto-fight is less than ideal and I will not be using it. It does not Auto fire when available. It queues the abilities and fires them every quarter second or so. WAY to slow to be effective, and if you are running the Krayton, with Ardra in the far-right position, it completely castrates Ardra and ruins the point of the build entirely.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    more observations with auto play,
    on certain ships, specifically the 5* cardassian ship, the AI actually waits to activate rura penthe kirk until the ship is cloaked. here is what happens nearly every time: at the 6 second mark all abilities that can activate at 6 seconds do EXCEPT kirk. then at the 8 second mark the cloak ability becomes available and the AI activates it, then rura penthe kirk activates. the AI actually waits until cloak is turned on before it uses kirk even though his ability is clickable at 6 seconds. i think this is cool becos the ai recognizes that he needs cloaking as a trigger.
  • Shan wrote: »
    I played on steam and oddly enough the "Intro skip" is there, but auto is not, yet when I play using microsoft the full skip and auto is available even after re-starting the game 4 times.

Yes indeed, in fact when I got up I played it on my android phone and it is still the same..the auto is visible, but the speed up is not visible at all, I hope this helps?
    We are rushing headlong into the abyss...................but we will have a blast whilst doing it,

Shan wrote: »

Yes indeed, in fact when I got up I played it on my android phone and it is still the same..the auto is visible, but the speed up is not visible at all, I hope this helps? Actually I have just had a thought, is it perhaps because my game originates on steam that the android app is not functioning well?

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the ship battles are the most atmospheric part of the game and I was fascinated by them and the graphics when I started STT after all this time filled with daily battles, Skirmishes etc. they bored me to death by now. So this is a welcome change. Speed up and cut intro etc. work well. Looking forward to test it out more intensively in the next Skirmish.
  • I like the auto battle ans speed up, just checked the ship sort that is nice.
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I suspect there will be a skirmish soon so we can see the impact in them.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes indeed, in fact when I got up I played it on my android phone and it is still the same..the auto is visible, but the speed up is not visible at all, I hope this helps? Actually I have just had a thought, is it perhaps because my game originates on steam that the android app is not functioning well?

It does help and no it should not matter that your game originated on steam :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments so far :)
    Regarding the AUTO function in Ship Battles, it is no meant to be used competitively. It is not a substitute for your usual gameplay.
    If you want more control on how/when specific abilities are triggered, you will need to toggle AUTO OFF.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you who are not seeing the AUTO/SPEED buttons, could you send me a Private message with your DBID please? Thank you!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll echo the comments about how nice it is to speed up the animations and the battle itself, how the speed and auto on/off buttons could be a little farther apart, and how it wasn’t obvious at first whether the auto function was on or off. It took a few seconds of watching abilities not being used to realize that when “Auto On” is on the screen it really means it’s off.

If I were designing that button, I’d have both “on” and “off” displayed at the same time, with the one that corresponds to the current state be highlighted with a box or a brighter color and the other one have a darker tone or something else to de-emphasize it. Tapping anywhere on any of the three words would still toggle between states.
    Firstly this is an amazing update one that we needed.
    It has some great options, but when it comes to owned schematics is not working like i expected. I expected for the owned schematics to be shows as whatever level that ships is no matter the completion, here i only see owned schematics only for ships that i have up to max level, anything max level doesn't show how many i own.

@MaestroDaVinci Although it is a little more roundabout than looking in the Build & Change Ships screen, you can always see the quantity for any schematics in the Inventory screen. Go to the menu button at the top right, then Inventory, then filter by Ship Schematics.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Regarding the AUTO function in Ship Battles, it is no meant to be used competitively. It is not a substitute for your usual gameplay.

FWIW, since the change I have won two battles that put me at #1 in Admiral division using Auto, just to see if I could. It may not be intended to be 100% competitive, but it definitely can work.
  • starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i agree. i can see there was some thought behind the auto play's programming. it waits to use hull repair abilities until the hull has taken damage. crew with abilities that require cloaking will not be used until cloaking is turned on. i thought the auto play would just activate things as soon as they became available but this is not the case; its "smarter" than that lol
    i still cant figure out why it wont use capt pike on the bounty until much later.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE
    We fixed the issue where some of you were not seeing the new AUTO/SPEED buttons and the older DISMISS button :) You might need to restart to see it.
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Shan this is amazing. Pass on our thanks to the devs and to you for such a quick fix. Gotta say the new ships and quick fixes and just general responsiveness of TP since taking over have been fantastic. I filed a few tickets asking for the dismiss all button before the takeover and eventually just gave up as I was getting a generic "we'll pass this on to the team" responses from support. As someone who puts way too many hours into skirmishes this change is much appreciated. <3 Fir3wall.
  • GrimbleGrimble ✭✭
    UPDATE
    We fixed the issue where some of you were not seeing the new AUTO/SPEED buttons and the older DISMISS button :) You might need to restart to see it.

Thank you Shan and WRG!
    UPDATE

Still having an issue,even tried uninstalling the game. Logged a support ticket 🙂