Home Engineering Room
Options

Event Phase Complete?

Comments

• Options
    This is such a classic "DB gonna DB" circa 2017 mistake. Feels like home.

Aka the good old days.

I had occasionally forgotten how grand the gold old days used to be...nearly. :/
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    NotrabNotrab ✭✭
    I saw this error occasionally beginning on Friday, but clicking past it seemed to allow the game to operate as normal. The frequency increased as time went on. Now I can click past the error, but it just pops back up ad nauseum.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Hello? WRG. No reply, its Sunday. My fleet board is also lit up. Same. Is anyone playing? If not we hood our slots but lose all intel and opportunity to advance or earn rewards.
    Last time this happened to me… CS tried to tell me that my event card “must have been” in overflow inactive status. Eventhough i had 5 empty slots. And this was an isolated problem.
    This does not seem so DB to me. It seems WRG/TP/DB. Same problems continue every event. Maybe this particular issue hasn't been on a large scale before, but has happened to me and others i know of in the past.

• Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    This is how you know none of them play their own game. If they did, they would already know and the fix would be in.

You are making a lot of assumptions about how their deployment pipeline works, how easy bugs are to find and fix in their software, the kind of access their developers have to their production and development environments, etc.

How do you know so much about their inner workings to assert such a seemingly baseless accusation?
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    This is how you know none of them play their own game. If they did, they would already know and the fix would be in.

You are making a lot of assumptions about how their deployment pipeline works, how easy bugs are to find and fix in their software, the kind of access their developers have to their production and development environments, etc.

How do you know so much about their inner workings to assert such a seemingly baseless accusation?

We know because it has happened before and continues. CS reps never know what im talking about, if they were skirmishing right now we would have a notification to such that they are aware of a problem and investigating. We do not. It has been an hour. Therefore assuming they arent skirmishing.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem on both my PC Steam version and my android phone.
  • Options
    I'll add my 2p-worth to the chorus, as I'm getting the "Event Phase complete" bug on both my iPad and Steam clients.
  • Options
    Android and Steam same problem
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once before when something like this happened, they just moved everyone up one set of rewards. That could work.
  • Options
    MuadDaveMuadDave ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of "I was going to skirmish, but now I can't skirmish."
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once before when something like this happened, they just moved everyone up one set of rewards. That could work.

Won t work for me, i have 100k intel left which is worth a lot of
    chrons, honor and credits from reward boxes!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I also burned a pile of chrons on intel. This is a total drag.
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Just one more voice echoing many others. I have over 100k intel to use, representing a lot of credits/chrons/honor left on the table. I also really wanted to try and compete for at least one copy of Spock, but it looks like that ain’t happenin.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of voices that are expressing how broken skirmish event is.

Also, this is a great moment for me to say theres better games for me to spend my $$ and time on.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Replace 100k with 300k and that’s me.
  • Options

I had just over 120k intel which is close to 10k chrons. I will definitely be asking for my chrons back if I am unable to use the intel.
  • Options
    WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    Should have expected this when the Objective Event had them misspelling Starfleet (Starleet) lol... Put a ticket in anyway... it will be monday at zendesk before it is monday for TP...
  • Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    I for one am not quick to judge, just because a problem didn't get fixed in 5 minutes. Then again, I also finished my event goals early this AM, so everything else is gravy. We've gotten an initial reaction, and when they have more, we will be informed. Besides, there is still more than half a day left in the event, plenty of time left.
  • Options
    I generally really enjoy this game, but the sheer amount of bugs makes me think twice about spending more money on the game. Seems like not a week goes by where I come onto these forums to check out the status of the latest issue plaguing an event or something else, and that's not including all of the bugs that restarting the client fixes. The freebies are nice, but at some point I wish I could see some measurable improvement.
  • Options
    prosenprosen ✭✭
    My Fleet and Sister Fleet are both affected. Have Captains who can not finish dailies since can’t do Arena Battles.
    "Sometimes, you can make no mistakes, do everything right, and still lose." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    MRNelson wrote: »
    I for one am not quick to judge, just because a problem didn't get fixed in 5 minutes. Then again, I also finished my event goals early this AM, so everything else is gravy. We've gotten an initial reaction, and when they have more, we will be informed. Besides, there is still more than half a day left in the event, plenty of time left.

Unless of course you are competing for rank and this is the only time you had to play. Between sleep and work there isn’t much time left

No such thing as sleeping in a skirmish event.

Just imagine being up all day and all night for 3 days working on top 10 just to end up with a broken event. Now that it's broken, do you take a nap thinking it will be down for a few hours, or stay up checking the game every few minutes? Those at the top are most likely doing the latter.
  • Options
    It's working
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    A fix has been applied, you should be able to resume any game activity involving a ship battle.

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    A fix has been applied, you should be able to resume any game activity involving a ship battle.

So, should we ticket if the outage impacted us? I can only tap when the baby sleeps, and he's currently eating his feet while staring into the monitor like he's out of the Blair witch project. The past 3ish hours would've been nice...
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRNelson wrote: »

Unless of course you are competing for rank and this is the only time you had to play. Between sleep and work there isn’t much time left

No such thing as sleeping in a skirmish event.

Just imagine being up all day and all night for 3 days working on top 10 just to end up with a broken event. Now that it's broken, do you take a nap thinking it will be down for a few hours, or stay up checking the game every few minutes? Those at the top are most likely doing the latter.

The bigger issue is I am boarding a plane and won’t land till midnight, I was counting on these hours to get my battles in to hold rank
  • Options
    My game just reset the second phase so my battles are now back to costing 1 intel. I got the story again and everything. I was in the middle of a 4/5 battle when it happened.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile