Event Discussion: Faction Event Pluripotency - Mega Event Finale - 2022-06-23

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, thresholds and out.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRUNT, F.C.A.!!!!!!

Excellent, thresholds and out.

I will be trying for Inquisitor Brunt.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the artwork on Icheb and Brunt. Great job. Brunt’s skillset is a bit disappointing but he has good power lvl. Funny to give him diplomacy when he is so undiplomatic unless you count occasional smarminess to whoever is the grand nagus at the time. He is good at math, could that be worked into engineering? Make him Com-Eng-Sec. we have so few good ones of those.
    Let’s fly!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really was hoping for threshold and out, but I must have Brunt. Love that character.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting for Liquidator Brunt for as long as I can remember, will definitely be going after him.
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Could Brunt have the Scoundrel trait? He might not be a rogue, but he’s definitely dishonest and crooked as a member of the FCA, especially the way he stung Quark over his false diagnosis.

Also bring on Lek - the Ferengi Assassin.
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Could Brunt have the Scoundrel trait? He might not be a rogue, but he’s definitely dishonest and crooked as a member of the FCA, especially the way he stung Quark over his false diagnosis.

Lek s the new 4* would be awesome in that Event!
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »

I would argue that Brunt, F.C.A. is most appropriately assessed within the context of a Ferengi Liquidator. Per Rules of Acquisition #17, "A contract is a contract is a contract… but only between Ferengi." There's nothing Scoundrel-y about his shenanigans in that context because he only shows up to bust Quark for violating a Ferengi law of commerce.

But that's just the DS9 fan in me speaking. The player in me is all in favor of having someone else to assign to voyages for the Scoundrel slots.
  • Wait, a new crew for the reward in Week 4 of a mega?? I guess I need to engage somewhat #tryhard
    Wait, a new crew for the reward in Week 4 of a mega?? I guess I need to engage somewhat #tryhard

Implies a Rerun or a new Event the next week.

What Rerun would Brunt fit?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, a new crew for the reward in Week 4 of a mega?? I guess I need to engage somewhat #tryhard

Maybe a second rerun of Rule 125?
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Rule_125_2
    I'm debating on whether I need to thaw Sparclay. I have both Man Crush and Spider in my quarters, plus tons of immortal 5* astrophysicists and a bunch that are fully equipped. I'm thinking no.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Maybe a second rerun of Rule 125?
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Rule_125_2
    I'm debating on whether I need to thaw Sparclay. I have both Man Crush and Spider in my quarters, plus tons of immortal 5* astrophysicists and a bunch that are fully equipped. I'm thinking no.

It's unlikely to be Rule 125, that would mean two faction events back-to-back. Not impossible mind you, just unlikely.
  • Very excited for Brunt. More Combs is good Combs.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't Peldor Joi the Jeffrey Combs event? Brunt would fit with that, albeit it would be another Faction.
    robownage wrote: »

Wasn't Peldor Joi the Jeffrey Combs event? Brunt would fit with that, albeit it would be another Faction.

Peldor Joi was another faction event, so there's the same issue as with Rule 125.
    Angel BurnMom getting a lot of Shuttle rides.
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Peldor Joi was another faction event, so there's the same issue as with Rule 125.

But, is it a "rule" they can't do the same Event type back to back? Or is it confirmation bias because they haven't done it before?

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

But, is it a "rule" they can't do the same Event type back to back? Or is it confirmation bias because they haven't done it before?

There's certainly no rule, but the last time we had two shuttle events back to back was January 2018, so it's definitely something we don't see very often.

As I said previously, it's not impossible, just unlikely.
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Surprised that Brunt doesn’t have a latinum necklace unique item to craft. Unless that was his FCA credentials. Never was too clear on that