Home The Bridge

How does WRG determine how many stars a character get?

I have been scratching my head how WRG determines how many stars a character gets in the game. These seems to be no rhyme or reason once you get away from the main cast. There are dozens and dozens of examples that to me seem to defy logic. Take this week for example. Captain Vasso L’Gaelia is in one episode of SNW and gets 5* while Borg Queen Jurati which is one of the main plot lines of Season 2 of Picard only gets 4*. Captain Terrell last week on the Tuesday pack gets 4* yet his role was memorable in ST2 movie while Lara gets 5* being in one episode of TAS. Gorkon was a significant character in ST VI and is worthy IMHO of 5* but Kevin Uxbridge? Of course there is some subjectivity and personal bias, but there are countless choices of 5* that makes you wonder what were they thinking.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flip a coin?

They produce about 2 new 5* a week, and one 4*. I guess they just allocate on need.
    Whilst it would be nice if Queen Jurati was a 5*, it means I am more likely to get her if she is 4*. So there are good and bad reasons for top crew to be 4* or 5*

The only time they should really care, is having main crew have a share of 4* and 5* crew, plus possible lower rarities.
  • Havn t noticed any pattern here. My guess is like they do stats…
    just rolling a dice(if even). 😜😝
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The less screen time a character gets, the more stars.
  • The less screen time a character gets, the more stars.

You joke (I think?) but that's how I've been thinking of star ratings this whole time. It doesn't refer to power (in lore, of course it does in game) but to rarity.
  • edited October 2022
    I have been scratching my head how WRG determines how many stars a character gets in the game. These seems to be no rhyme or reason once you get away from the main cast. There are dozens and dozens of examples that to me seem to defy logic. Take this week for example. Captain Vasso L’Gaelia is in one episode of SNW and gets 5* while Borg Queen Jurati which is one of the main plot lines of Season 2 of Picard only gets 4*. Captain Terrell last week on the Tuesday pack gets 4* yet his role was memorable in ST2 movie while Lara gets 5* being in one episode of TAS. Gorkon was a significant character in ST VI and is worthy IMHO of 5* but Kevin Uxbridge? Of course there is some subjectivity and personal bias, but there are countless choices of 5* that makes you wonder what were they thinking.

Thoughts?

New Borg Queen or Captain Terrell as a Legendary Crew IMHO would have made a much larger % of the player base happier than say a crew like Doopler :(

I know WRG will never make everyone happy, but still I bet most players would rather see Captain Terrell or the New Borg Queen be Legendary versus pretty much all of the ones WRG selected for this Mega.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed it was done to normalize demand for new crew:
    - popular crew = 4* crew or weak 5* crew --> character/completionist driven demand
    - unknown crew = strong 5* crew --> power driven demand
    - popular & powerful crew (Cheesecake Seven or Spock & Kirk) = pay-for-play (ie: Tuesday packs, 3rd tier of campaign, etc...) --> dual demand for added revenue
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

New Borg Queen or Captain Terrell as a Legendary Crew IMHO would have made a much larger % of the player base happier than say a crew like Doopler :(

I know WRG will never make everyone happy, but still I bet most players would rather see Captain Terrell or the New Borg Queen be Legendary versus pretty all of the ones WRG selected for this Mega.

Borg Queen Jurati is probably one of the most powerful non-deity type of characters in Star Trek and is relegated to 4* status. She should be a powerful 5*. Even better, there should be a 20th Century Jurati and 20 Century Borg Queen that you have to fuse to get a Borg Queen Jurati because that is essentially what happened on Picard.

• Borg Queen Jurati is probably one of the most powerful non-deity type of characters in Star Trek and is relegated to 4* status. She should be a powerful 5*. Even better, there should be a 20th Century Jurati and 20 Century Borg Queen that you have to fuse to get a Borg Queen Jurati because that is essentially what happened on Picard.

I started playing this game on a galaxy weekend, I think T'Kuvma was the recurring mega character. I got the community pull pack and not knowing anything about the game, I get a begold!!! OMFG EYE LAZERBEAMS it was Judge Q I was sure I had just won the game, what card out there could be more powerful than Judge Q. Turns out its practically all of them lol
  • I started playing this game on a galaxy weekend, I think T'Kuvma was the recurring mega character. I got the community pull pack and not knowing anything about the game, I get a begold!!! OMFG EYE LAZERBEAMS it was Judge Q I was sure I had just won the game, what card out there could be more powerful than Judge Q. Turns out its practically all of them lol
    At least the older crew have more powerful equipment bonuses than the newer. There are still people in the Admiral's Division using crew like Captain Scott. It depends whether you look only on the boosts and bonus abilities.