Home The Bridge

Would it be possible to make the Gauntlet crew reward a "Gauntlet-exclusives" behold?

DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in The Bridge
As the title says, would it be possible to update the gauntlet exclusive drops to beholds that present three of the gauntlet exclusive characters to choose from? I only ask because I've started to see a pattern of players saying things like, "I haven't been able to get 1 Archer yet, but I've airlocked two extra [other exclusive] already."

Personally, I've released three extra Caretakers over the past two years. Since my first gauntlet drop, I've gotten about 18ish exclusive crew and Caretaker has made up nearly 45% of those drops. It's getting really frustrating. Switching it to guaranteed beholds, like portals were a few years ago, would go a long way to address this issue for the RNG throwing a lot of the same card at a player well after they've completed it.

Edit: April 19 - Two more drops this month, another Caretaker. Still making up nearly 45% of drops. 😢

Edit2: May 10 - Another Caretaker sent to space. Few more and my punchcard for 400 free Borg Cube schematics will be done.

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I am not positive, but in another thread, I think Maximus said he is Banjo?
  • Didn't that Banjo account get... banned?
  • edited April 2023
    Didn't that Banjo account get... banned?

Clearly it did not or the avatar would not still be present and the name would have been removed

3nryr7nkajod.jpeg

• Then why effectively abandon the account back in 2021?

51zia5sktj8a.png
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet beholds are an awful idea because it's such an easy way to complete collections

No matter who the current choice is, it's down to pure pure luck. Anyone can get one, noon or veteran

The best option IMO if there had to be one introduced would be blind beholds - you pick from 3 but don't know what anyone will be
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet beholds are an awful idea because it's such an easy way to complete collections

No matter who the current choice is, it's down to pure pure luck. Anyone can get one, noon or veteran

The best option IMO if there had to be one introduced would be blind beholds - you pick from 3 but don't know what anyone will be

I’m not getting the difference between gauntlet beholds and your idea. Are you proposing to have the pool be beyond the gauntlet pool?
  • Gauntlet beholds are an awful idea because it's such an easy way to complete collections

I don’t see how this would be any different than the current state of affairs

Navarch wrote: »

I’m not getting the difference between gauntlet beholds and your idea. Are you proposing to have the pool be beyond the gauntlet pool?

Regular beholds you get to choose what card you want out of the 3. Blind beholds it will just be random but at least there will be 3 choices & not just the latest release
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Regular beholds you get to choose what card you want out of the 3. Blind beholds it will just be random but at least there will be 3 choices & not just the latest release

So 3 from the gauntlet pool then? I’d be fine with that.

It still seems random though if you don’t know what you’re looking at

That is the whole point.
    At least you have a chance of getting an older gauntlet crew & doesn't make it as easy to complete collections

I am still not in favour of any type of gauntlet beholds but this may be a compromise
  • 1) What exactly are we accomplishing by taking the pure dumb luck of a behold dropping at all and adding eeny, meeny, miny, moe to then pick a crew member subject to a second round of pure dumb luck? The charade of a choice? The end result is the same: pure dumb luck either gives the player the Gauntlet crew they want or it doesn't.

2) So ####ing what if it helps players complete collections? If you're at a level still sweating every little "advantage" and "disadvantage" between players, you're not at the top level anyway. If you begrudge other players getting something gratifying out of the game, you're frankly a ####.

Yes. Point number one is what I was trying to say

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I am not sure why you thought that.
    I do not ever remember him getting banned.
    I thought he was always very respectful in his comments.
    Which I still think as Maximus.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

Thanks WaldoMag. Funny, I was just re-reading our conversation from The Holodeck during the COVID panic. And how we live like super close to each other. Also funny that we talked about fishing and I just told my wife today that we should take my daughter fishing.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Thanks WaldoMag. Funny, I was just re-reading our conversation from The Holodeck during the COVID panic. And how we live like super close to each other. Also funny that we talked about fishing and I just told my wife today that we should take my daughter fishing.

Sounds like a good choice to take your daughter fishing👍

I remember that conversation. I will have to go back and read it though.
    Because I do remember talking about fishing but I do not remember exactly what we said.

Because I do remember talking about fishing but I do not remember exactly what we said.

I also remember you getting COVID from voting

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Yep, if our state (Illinois) had really been prepared, after each use of the touch screen they would have sanitized the screen. BTW, they did do that in the elections that followed. That was in March of 2020, when they still were not that concerned with Covid but the concern was just starting. The governor of Ohio did cancel their primary which was the same day as ours. I am sure legally he did not have that power to do it. But, I do not remember hearing of any legal law suit against that governor.

Yep, if our state (Illinois) had really been prepared, after each use of the touch screen they would have sanitized the screen. BTW, they did do that in the elections that followed. That was in March of 2020, when they still were not that concerned with Covid but the concern was just starting. The governor of Ohio did cancel their primary which was the same day as ours. I am sure legally he did not have that power to do it. But, I do not remember hearing of any legal law suit against that governor.

Every day now it seems there’s lawsuit this against this government and lawsuit that against this government and I never hear anything about any of them again. We are in the age of all talk and no action

Hm.
  • 1) What exactly are we accomplishing by taking the pure dumb luck of a behold dropping at all and adding eeny, meeny, miny, moe to then pick a crew member subject to a second round of pure dumb luck? The charade of a choice? The end result is the same: pure dumb luck either gives the player the Gauntlet crew they want or it doesn't.

2) So ####ing what if it helps players complete collections? If you're at a level still sweating every little "advantage" and "disadvantage" between players, you're not at the top level anyway. If you begrudge other players getting something gratifying out of the game, you're frankly a ####.

1 - I guess I see implementing this as the bare minimum of what they should do for the gauntlet. I also suggested they should make these gauntlet beholds available via other means if they want more gauntlet engagement.
  • Big issue in gauntlet right now is admirol black and mirror mariner should be swapped out. Admirol black is clearly a gauntlet card. Swap him and mariner. I no it means addressing an error but if they don't fix it how is it making the game look.(apologies for going off topic)

WRG said this is intentional - cross feature promotion was the phrase I think they used.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making it a BeGold is a good idea. Either set it as always a BeGold or if you hit the "current" Legendary it is a straight drop, but if you hit the RNG for an older "retired" Legendary then it is a BeGold.

At first, I was "cold" to the idea of a "blind" BeGold, but it would keep it randomized, so might actually be workable.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    You say "retired cards" but the older ones still drop so how can they be retired?