Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Component Imbalance

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that needs to be done for med nodes , is increase the rewards per a node.
    Figure our how many Med nodes there are and at least make sure they reward 14 of both (or 21??)
  • Options
    MED/CMD/SCI are out of balance for me

k1aylnn7xayq.jpg
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    MED/CMD/SCI are out of balance for me

k1aylnn7xayq.jpg

Now that is imbalance. I gather a few refreshes. But, it does show the imbalance.

My third account. I have done all but one med node (5 database). Only once refreshed, that was the last continuum which I could not finish without the refresh.
    6mp4or6bxl4t.png

Edit: I had been trying to equip event crew. So, probably doing more than just trying to finish continuum missions. But these crew were back from shuttle missions when I did my continuum missions. I know on med I am not doing anything but continuum . Twice, I had problems completing med on epic. The first time, just kept trying until I got a lucky roll. The last, I refreshed and that allowed me to build one 5* item along with the 2* item allowed me to complete it.

Edit2: that first time I had problems on med, I had to use citations up to get 'bones' McCoy immortalized. I was resisting doing this because he will probably will come up as a choice for a freebie on convergence day. Of, course , with the honor sale my 10k honor produced a copy of him.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, regarding this situation we had a meeting with the team on Wednesday and shared some of your concerns with them. They will take a look at the Component Imbalance drop & missions as well. No changes are guaranteed but the team is working on it. LLAP
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, regarding this situation we had a meeting with the team on Wednesday and shared some of your concerns with them. They will take a look at the Component Imbalance drop & missions as well. No changes are guaranteed but the team is working on it. LLAP

May I request the team please continue to look at this carefully? The issues previously described are particularly noticeable in this week's missions. From my reading of various Discord channels, I am aware of a few players who are actually stuck at the Elite or Epic MED nodes and have no way of progressing further because they have run out of MED database components.

They can't earn more MED components because they can't craft the MED quipments they would need to crit the nodes (at Elite / Epic) and earn the rewards.

Even worse, this week's MED nodes only reward research components and not databases!! So even if a player wanted to spend money / dil to refresh the rewards and re-run earlier missions, spending money / dil would NOT fix the above issue this week if they are out of databases. To be frank, I hope the team can see that the reward balancing this week was not well done.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be an interesting test case for this as I did not touch Continuum Missions until 2 weeks ago when the final reward switched to Ubiquitous Borg queen, so I have not had the opportunity to build up a huge stockpile of components yet and I am REALLY feeling the lack of MED. Right now I am already overflowing with SEC/DIP and a few others but I literally cannot build enough MED to reliably complete the third chain. As somebody new to this feature this is massively frustrating, I am playing the game mode as it was designed and am prevented from completing it because of how it was designed.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's interesting is I seem to have enough MED. It's SCI that I'm lowest on. I still have plenty, but I'm starting to be more careful about who I use SCI for outside of Continuum Missions. I'm wondering were the early weeks that much more MED heavy that I built a stockpile?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really used any of the components for crew beyond clearing the continuum missions, and took advantage of that one week where the glitch left 20 missions at each difficulty level instead of the standard 4, yet even I notice that MED is noticeably lower than the rest of my stockpiles. The MED Database (136) and MED Research (84) are the only components that I have less than 225 of. If I were to utilize Quipment to boost game features other than the Continuum missions, I could definitely see the MED discrepancy becoming an issue, especially since you can only equip 1 of the MED Seminar Quipment on any given crew member.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    What's interesting is I seem to have enough MED. It's SCI that I'm lowest on. I still have plenty, but I'm starting to be more careful about who I use SCI for outside of Continuum Missions. I'm wondering were the early weeks that much more MED heavy that I built a stockpile?

Are you quipping characters with MED for guantlet?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only my second week of doing Contiuum Missions but this is the one that is tripping me up. After no MED nodes on chains 1,2, and 3 suddenly you need a BEEFY MED score to complete the 4th chain, but where do you get the materials to build the upgrade Quipment when it only drops from other MED nodes, which conveniently do not exist? And then say I somehow get lucky and solve this, then what? It gives me MED components I no longer need. This all works like credit, you need credit to get credit, but once you have it you don't need it anymore.

07idj68fgs9g.jpg

If you ask me it would make a LOT more sense if nodes gave diverse rewards.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly not. My phlox isn't FF and dereth rarely makes sense. I did quip med for a voyage once.

I also think that's where they're needs to be a distinction in the problem. If players are quipping gauntlet crew and therefore running out of med, they're not managing their resources.

On the other hand, if bylo is just starting and can't even earn enough med just for continuum, that's a flaw in the design.
  • Options

Mostly not. My phlox isn't FF and dereth rarely makes sense. I did quip med for a voyage once.

I also think that's where they're needs to be a distinction in the problem. If players are quipping gauntlet crew and therefore running out of med, they're not managing their resources.

On the other hand, if bylo is just starting and can't even earn enough med just for continuum, that's a flaw in the design.

If the new quipment was only meant for Continuum Missions then the quantities are enough. But the developers want quipment to impact all areas of the game. This is why a lot of us are saying more MED rewards are needed.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

I have now failed that MED node on the final chain SEVEN times in a row, so here is my feedback.

I did what WRG wanted and paid the 50 dilithium to re-run all the old chains (well, "CHAIN") that dropped MED components to both try and make new upgrade items to boost my stats but also to give my MED crew more XP to try and unlock an additional slot, and it did not help at all.

Why did it not help you ask? I will tell you! I made the mistake of trusting the game and the designers when they said they wanted us to use our Quiped crew for other things, like a COMPLETE idiot! The limited tutorials and in-game explanation absolutely did NOT prepare me (or if it was mentioned I either did not understand it or forgot?) for the fact that the Quipment was tied to traits so no matter how many times I level up Defensive Phlox so you know, I can use him in Gauntlet, I can never get him more than the first 2 Quipment items I built for him already because his traits do not match the items! <sarcasm>WHAT A FUN FEATURE THAT IS!!!</sarcasm>.

And like @Bartleby Malfoy said a few comments above this, I have ALSO been totally tripped up by the fact that there are TWO different components that look nearly identical. I honestly did not even notice the difference until I spent dilithium to farm up more components and I still couldn't build anything because I farmed up the wrong one. And if I'm honest, I'm still not sure I will ever be able to tell them apart, no matter how many times people point it out. To my eyes, the art and color schemes are just too similar. It seems like dirty pool to me to make two different things that operate differently that look so similar, especially when you have a massive scarcity on 1/6th of the items like we have with MED. Like if I mix up the two for Security it won't really matter because even though I just started I already have a surplus of both, but if we are being forced to spend dilithium just to hit the minimum for the rewards it is honestly pretty irritating to have this additional and completely unnecessary visual hurdle.

I am going to keep trying to clear that MED node but I am honestly pretty unhappy right now.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you're looking at, but defensive phlox has 5 medical quipment that can be used. And he should be able to crit that node with 3. With 4, his probably has a 90% chance.

Alternatively, dereth and sulan can crit with 2 because they match the brutal and survivalist trait bonus.

Other crew options, Bones can guarantee a crit with 3. There are about 36 crew that have a chance with 3 quipment and a good roll. With a 4th I see about 27 crew that can crit that node.

Note, collection boosts might change those numbers slightly.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, bunch of people are pointing out the same thing: the gear rewards need to be randomized and evenly distributed across the missions. This is a pretty basic mistake in the setup and should be solved ASAP.

@Bylo Band This suggestion won't help you immediately, but something I did when I first started these mission was I stockpiled the rewards for two or three weeks, only focusing on the immediate crew to complete C-Missions. That gave me a cushion of gear when I started using boosted crew elsewhere in the game. Again, won't help you with your immediate problem but might be a longer term solution.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    the gear rewards need to be randomized

Don't we all love RNG fun?
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    the gear rewards need to be randomized

Don't we all love RNG fun?

This goes up there with other great misquotes in Star Trek history:

Let's make sure history never forgets the name, Yorktown.
    Resistance is feudal.
    Today is a good day.
    And my personal favorite: GENGHIS!!!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Is it just me or is it actually worse this week?

The only MED components I remember seeing are locked behind the final node of chain 1, which means you can only get them for succeeding on a MED check on the final node, and you are guaranteed to carry a failure penalty into that final node because both paths there require 4 different skills.

So say you are like me and you NEED those MED components to build even 1 Quipment to get your score high enough to complete the final node+failure penalty but you cannot get them because you cannot get your score high enough to overcome the final node+failure penalty, WTF are you supposed to do?

This design is a joke. Give us more access to MED components or just go down to 5 skills and stop including MED at all.

3v35cbi3udah.jpg
    ubnrdxf9fib4.jpg

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no penalty on continuum. You can fail whatever node you want and the target for all future nodes(including the final) remain the same.

Intentionally failing nodes is one of the best moves to help increase your chances overall.
  • Options
    The Genitronic Replicator has received a boost and now carries a +550 med bonus. It only costs 3 of each component. Sometimes it's helpful to read the announcements to the end before starting a rant.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Genitronic Replicator has received a boost and now carries a +550 med bonus. It only costs 3 of each component. Sometimes it's helpful to read the announcements to the end before starting a rant.

It would also be helpful if the announcement included changes and traits.

Most people have no idea what it used to be, what it used to cost, or what trait is required for it.

After the first paragraph everything else just reads as noise posted by someone copying and pasting with no thought on making it intelligible.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    To decrease the value(Quipment) of something that‘s been live for months
    + to increase the building costs as well, is not a great call at all.

Not sure how this boosts the player‘s morals and in game activity at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    what would be helpful is a list of costs/buffs before and after the changes. I think I know what they were before but am uncertain.
    If there are not enough of each component offered to build for the current week, let alone the next it's a fundamental problem.
  • Options
    Bigbook still has the old values.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think when it comes to voyages, gauntlet, and I think everything else, but for sure the ones I mentioned, the crew we need is the same in number for all skills.

That means game play means all skills are balanced in number.
    Yet continuum provides building materials for quipment , based on how many crew exist in the game with that skill. This is WRG's mistake. There needs to be a balanced reward of building materials for all skills.

I also agree, why complicate the problem with 2 components for each skill, First thing WRG should do is change them all to one component. This means med component would result from adding medical research and medical database together.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

It would also be helpful if the announcement included changes and traits.

Most people have no idea what it used to be, what it used to cost, or what trait is required for it.

After the first paragraph everything else just reads as noise posted by someone copying and pasting with no thought on making it intelligible.

Yes. I have been levelling crew in Continuum based upon what Quipment they can use. If its all change for the stats, then I have to start over.

E.g. is it worth using Kia Winn for dip, even though its her second skill.

The copy pasting has errors in it.

E.g. the binars Quipment is now the best in game, and makes then fantastic, but the announcement muddies that.

I really need my final stars on the pair now.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    The announcement suggests that the binars quipment is changing to a superb single piece of Quipment. When in reality it's two skills, with each skill better than any other piece of Quipment.

@STT Community

Probably one of the two best engineers now, and fantastic science as well.
    Edit: I mean the pair card, not just one of them.

i62ju4pd8gda.jpg
    2bue4yzektvr.jpg