Home Engineering Room
Options

Dabo Wheel Odds on IOS

Been playing over a year, using the dabo wheel daily. have on several days bought additional spins as well.

I have not once got one of the top 4 rewards. I am certain there is a bug in those odds on iOS.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing two years. I got the legendary twice (Lissan, Obsidian Order Garak) and a four star once (Drone Seven of Nine)
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Doubtful there is a bug just really bad odds. I have been playing for about a year and only got on top row once. Dabo is not meant to win.
  • Options
    Good to know it’s possible. To not have ever smelled the top row makes me think something is not right.
  • Options
    Fenster wrote: »
    Good to know it’s possible. To not have ever smelled the top row makes me think something is not right.

Is right for them.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 18 months, I've hit the 5* once (M de Neuf, in my first 1-2 months) and a 4* once about 3 months ago (don't recall who at the moment). I get my share of equipable 3* items from row 2, so I can't complain about that. But top row is like a double rainbow.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Dabo equals ship schematics for me. It's how I max out my ships.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent gotten anything from top row since db changed the dabo after about a month of it being online. Now I just get shirts with occasional ship schems I dont need. Every day I see the top row crew that taunt me like the toy prizes at a claw machine.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Been playing for almost 2 years now and have not gotten the top row even once yet and I used to do 4-5 spins now I only do 2 spins the 5,000 credit spin and 10 dilithium. Odds **tsk tsk** big time.
  • Options
    I've only been playing for a few months , but as some fellow players have pointed out , Dabo seems to be essentially a means to getting Ship Schematics .
    I get the monthly Dilithium cards in order to buy one or two more spins every day when there are interesting prizes , but i usually don't get my hopes up .
    On one occasion i got frustrated after spinning the wheel 5 times and getting all the lower row items that were becoming a lot more expensive in Dilithium than they are worth and on an ultimate spin , i managed to get a 4* character , but that is the only time i remember getting something from the upper row . Safe maybe for another time where i got an item that none of my characters needed so it was hard to appreciate my " luck " ...
  • Options
    MarqMarq ✭✭
    Playing since day one, one year of 2 spins, then just one spin per day.
    1 top row item, 1 4 star. All on iOS.
  • Options
    Marq wrote: »
    Playing since day one, one year of 2 spins, then just one spin per day.
    1 top row item, 1 4 star. All on iOS.

I think the percentage of chance of getting an item from the top row is about as bad on any platform , really . Chances of getting the jackpot ? Close to none , unless you throw 2000 dilithium on the Dabo wheel ...

I wouldn't mind if the odds were raised every so slightly so it would appear like we actually have a chance to win something useful every once a while .
  • Options
    Just an update, 18 months now and still never hit top row. Been doing 5 spins per day. Gotta be broken on the odds. Even if close to 1/1000 I should have hit top row at least once.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Just an update, 18 months now and still never hit top row. Been doing 5 spins per day. Gotta be broken on the odds. Even if close to 1/1000 I should have hit top row at least once.

The odds are just so frustratingly small.

There’s a wiki page that lists calculated odds, though it is based on quite a small sample size: https://stt.wiki/wiki/Time_Portal#Dabo_Wheel

Edit - I’ve been playing exclusively on iOS since before the Dabo wheel launched. I’ve had top row maybe 2 or 3 times. Never hit the gold though. I’d say I average about 2 spins a day overall.
  • Options
    Rule number one. Never spend dilithium on dabo.

I just see it as a source of replicator fuel these days.
  • Options
    Another year on this, playing three spins daily and still never hit the top row. Approx 1000 spins this year alone. Still think this is broken. I’ll stop spending dili on this till a fix is made.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Another year on this, playing three spins daily and still never hit the top row. Approx 1000 spins this year alone. Still think this is broken. I’ll stop spending dili on this till a fix is made.

There is no bug at all just RNG.

Playing on iOS devices myself with 4 accounts and hit top row a couple times the last 12 months. On my alts i always do the credit and 10 dilithium spin. On my main i even got the legendary from top row just with the credit spin.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I am ios. I have never hit top row, unless i cleared bottom and middle row first. As an experiment.
    I am not aware of odds. In 3 years of playing, prior to dabo wheel invent, i only get 5* in the second to last or last spin. Not doing this often. Usually 1 spin a day, credits only, every day since invent. Now, 2 spins a day with the free spin.
    I have badly wanted the 5* crew a few times, the ones that never drop in portal. So i decided to go for it and evertime it has been second to last or last spin.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing lately is the saying at the top taunting "The rewards are customized for you!", and
    4 times in the last 2 months the top reward has been one of the few 5* I have immortalized. There are over 150 Gold crew I DON'T have, why would it even select ones I have 5/5 to put up there?
    (Not that I have ever won the gold top prize...just sayin')

I have only hit the top row twice, and both of those were this year (after nearly 3 years playing).

Dabo needs an overhaul.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing lately is the saying at the top taunting "The rewards are customized for you!", and
    4 times in the last 2 months the top reward has been one of the few 5* I have immortalized. There are over 150 Gold crew I DON'T have, why would it even select ones I have 5/5 to put up there?
    (Not that I have ever won the gold top prize...just sayin')

I have only hit the top row twice, and both of those were this year (after nearly 3 years playing).

Dabo needs an overhaul.

Guess who the legendary was, when i hit jackpot with the credit spin? Exactly, a legendary i had 5/5 already. Such a joy :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Noone in my fleet ever got anything on top and we're playing since 2017 and at least 30 members are the initial ones.

Leeta: look captain, no way the Dabo wheel is rigged !
    Captain checks and leaves.
    Quark: now rig it back !

Verdict: scam.
  • Options
    Davey1983Davey1983 ✭✭✭

Not how odds/statistics work. 1 in 1000 odds does not mean that something will happen once every 1000 times. In fact, if you play something 1000 times and the odds are 1 in 1000 of getting a jackpot, 36.77% of the time you will not get the jackpot. If you play 2000 times, 13.52% of the time you won't hit the jackpot.

Your claim that dabo is broken because you should have hit the jackpot at least once is wrong, and shows you do not understand odds and statistics.

Dabo might be broken, but we can't say that based on your experience. The many people who have hit the jackpot indicates you are incorrect.

Note: I used 1 in 1000 as that was the random number you threw out.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davey1983 wrote: »

Not how odds/statistics work. 1 in 1000 odds does not mean that something will happen once every 1000 times. In fact, if you play something 1000 times and the odds are 1 in 1000 of getting a jackpot, 36.77% of the time you will not get the jackpot. If you play 2000 times, 13.52% of the time you won't hit the jackpot.

Your claim that dabo is broken because you should have hit the jackpot at least once is wrong, and shows you do not understand odds and statistics.

Dabo might be broken, but we can't say that based on your experience. The many people who have hit the jackpot indicates you are incorrect.

Note: I used 1 in 1000 as that was the random number you threw out.

Well said. There are no official odds advertised for Dabo, only what we can find out ourselves. The wiki lists percentage odds, but they are based on a fairly small sample size.

Point is, there are a lot of AVERAGES involved. Using the example of 1/1000, there could, and probably is, some that don’t get a top reward in 20,000 spins. While some players will get 1 in 500, or better.

As I said much earlier in the thread - Dabo top rewards are frustrating, but I don’t feel it’s a fraud.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing about three years now. Spun for two. Don’t spin anymore and only would again if the schematics were updated. Got the legendary crew twice and a four star crew once. Of course one of those legendaries was immortalized even though they say it’s tailored to what you need
  • Options
    FensterFenster ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Davey, thanks for the math tutorial. I am aware of the chance of not winning being (999/1000) to the number of spins power given my hypothetical odds.

My issue is not calculating the win chance, my issue is that whatever the odds are, they seems to be too unfavorable given the number of people that have been doing multiple spins per day for many many months with no top row hits.

I am suggesting the win dial is adjusted a little to inspire people to play/spend.

Agree perhaps it’s not a bug. Just scamish.