Home Past Anomalies

Outage Compensation Issue

MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Past Anomalies
I have discovered that some in my fleet received the 250 chroniton compensation twice. I've read of at least one instance here in the forums of it happening as well. I understand tbings happen in a game when servers get updated or events reach their conclusion, however I must ask if it was human error that gave people double compensation for the outage. Regardless of human error or computer error, this issue should be addressed and corrected in a fitting manner. I have also submitted a ticket to further raise the issue.

Comments

• I have discovered that some in my fleet received the 250 chroniton compensation twice. I've read of at least one instance here in the forums of it happening as well. I understand tbings happen in a game when servers get updated or events reach their conclusion, however I must ask if it was human error that gave people double compensation for the outage. Regardless of human error or computer error, this issue should be addressed and corrected in a fitting manner.

+1. I know quite a few UNAFFECTED players are are sitting at 250 crons better than those of us who had the issues. No bueno.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in-game mail was only sent out once, we did not purposely or by mistake sent it out twice.
    We will look into what caused the issue. This is unfortunately a case where we cannot and will not issue further compensation.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that is unacceptable. You are the ones that made the mistake, and we are the ones suffering from your mistake. You also run the risk of severe backlash once this mistake becomes more known to your fan base.
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly do not think that consistency and fairness is too much to ask for when a gaming company that are getting thousands of dollars from its fan base makes a mistake that they compensate us correctly and fairly
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general I agree with you Mirror,
    I too have gone charging with my sword of words to fight an injustice, accidental or deliberate..
    (See Mirror Troi-Gate, Mirror data's uggo face, the not our fault lost community 10x)

And if we were in the era of pre Voyages..
    OR if it were a much greater number in to the 1000+ range, I'd be riding shotgun with you no doubt..
    (In fact, there actually was a situation in the past of 1000 or 1500 given out double for some)

In this instance..
    Yes, perfection is preferred..
    But there are a great many other battles that could be fought with greater reward to be yielded.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what is it that you guys want here? Like, for them to send out another round of chrons so that it's 500 for you and 750 for some other people, or for them to individually hunt down the users who received two and take 250 chrons away from them?

The latter part. It should be a trivial matter to run a tool/script against the database and see who got double the compensation. Then write a script that pays another 250 chron to those that didn’t get it twice. Maybe 1hr to write, test and use the check and 15 mins for the deployed fix?
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what is it that you guys want here? Like, for them to send out another round of chrons so that it's 500 for you and 750 for some other people, or for them to individually hunt down the users who received two and take 250 chrons away from them?

The latter part. It should be a trivial matter to run a tool/script against the database and see who got double the compensation. Then write a script that pays another 250 chron to those that didn’t get it twice. Maybe 1hr to write, test and use the check and 15 mins for the deployed fix?

Although that sort of assumes that they keep a full record of what's been sent, and that the bug hasn't influenced that record in some way.

I don't know what their code looks like, or if they have the people in the office for that when it happens, or if it's just one of those "eh, everybody got it at least once, which was the intention, let's go back to what we were working on before." But, it's possible that any sort of rational fix falls under the heading of "easier said than done."
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the majority, some people (including me) got the negative end of a real life RNG.

I've already moved on.
    As I tell my I.T. peeps, "Please close the ticket"
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Closing this thread.

If there had been a trivial way to rectify the situation, we would have done so. Unfortunately that was not the case.

As I posted in another thread, we are sorry that a technical hiccup occurred while the in-game mail with the 250 Chronitons was sending out resulting in some players getting it twice. We will track down the cause and remedy it.

Edit: By remedy I mean remedy what caused the issue, we cannot correct the fact that some have received the email twice and others have not.

This discussion has been closed.