Home The Bridge

Can we get more MED crew? Like as soon as...

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
Dear DB when is there going to be more MED and SCI crew?

At the moment we have this
COM 277 characters has this skill, or 61,56%
DIP 251 characters has this skill, or 55,78%
ENG 132 characters has this skill, or 29,33%
SEC 260 characters has this skill, or 57,78%
SCI 140 characters has this skill, or 31,11%
MED 66 characters has this skill, or 14,67%

Most of the canon ships in series are considered as exploration or even science vessels, exluding Defiant.

Isn't there just too much command and security personel? Everybody is just giving commands and carry weapons around. Who does the healing and science work?
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what percentage of on-screen ST characters across the series were Med? I'm only guessing here, but I bet it's a relatively low %. Most episodes involve the main characters dealing with a problem of some kind, and (again my subjective feeling here) most often that has something to do with fighting an enemy ship (Com), outwitting an enemy (Dip), fighting an enemy (Sec), dealing with something they've never seen before (Sci), or dealing with something broken (Eng). I bet comparatively few of the episodes deal with a medical emergency, and when they do they're dealt with by the main crew's Med character rather than an extra.

So the lack of Med characters in-game may be more a function of this, rather than poor sectioning by DB. How many versions of Beverly and The Doctor should we really have?
  • Magisse wrote: »
    How many versions of Beverly and The Doctor should we really have?

At least as many as we have Rikers. Each.

Definitely. And it would help if their stats were comparable.

• What I am having difficulty with is Med in voyages, I struggle to get 3000 combined Med points on any voyage, so when I see that Med is the Gold star for the day it makes me sad. There just is not enough good characters with Med as a secondary or tertiary skill
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for MED people we can stand to have more versions of Bones, Chapel, Bev, Pulaski, Deanna, Bashir, Ezri, the Doctor, Kes, and Phlox. That's 10 characters right there, so if we space out the variants, we should come up with quite a number of MED crew.

I know I've asked for a Platonian Chapel, a Time's Arrow Nurse Bev, Captain Bev, a Holodeck Pulaski, and many versions of the Doc and more Kes.

We can also use some other prevalent doctors, counselors, medical researchers, and therapists like Culber from Discovery, Boyce from the TOS Pilot, M'Benga from TOS, Crewman Cutler from ENT, EMH Mark 2 from VOY, Elizabeth Lense in DS9, Elizabeth Dehner from TOS, Helen Noel from TOS, Lethe from TOS, Sarah April from TAS, Faith Garland from DS9, Doc Holliday from TOS, Doctor Dysek from VOY, Doctor Voje from VOY, Salish from TOS, Kirok (Kirk) from TOS (maybe).

So that's a ton of material for DB to work with, so they need to get to stepping, pronto!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • It's the least used skill in the game as well. You can probably get by (except for a couple pesky nodes) with a single good medical crew member.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep need more 5* medical crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It's the least used skill in the game as well. You can probably get by (except for a couple pesky nodes) with a single good medical crew member.

Not when you need more/better MED for voyages and shuttles.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not when you need more/better MED for voyages and shuttles.

Up until they released Voyages there was never a burning need for MED characters. Not even for shuttles or the gauntlet.

Now you need more although you might be able to get by. After a month of needing The Doctor for events I would've normally sent Holonovel, Author and President to the vault. Now I keep them around even though there are only sometimes useful for Voyages.

Still I don't try too hard to stack up my Med. If its the Gold Skill, I could probably stack it up to 8-9K but I would probably be better off leaving it around 6K and try to stack up everything else. I really only want the 3rd dilemma anyways. There are some combo's that will hose almost anyone like MED/ENG.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Just duble the existing med crew...
  • From the looks of it we need some engineers too (not nearly as badly as medical).

Maybe until then, DB could tweak voyages to need medicine less often. Somewhere in between as often as any other skill, and hardly ever.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    What I have noticed with my stronger Med crew is that they either have like 600 base or 800+ base at 4/4 or 1/5. There also aren't many crew who have Med as a decent secondary or tertiary, base or prof. As a result, when I do voyages, I have a tough time maximizing my other starred skill while maximizing Med (the big exception is Dip). I end up with half of my crew being Med and the other half trying to boost the other 5 skills.

Mobile Doctor is the only crew that tops 1k base Med (AoS Crusher does, technically, at 1005, and a few others are close). Meanwhile, there are at least a dozen that crush 1k base Com and another dozen than beat 1k base Eng.

I do have to say that Med does have a number of crew with high Med proficiency, such as Mirror Phlox (maybe the best all-around 4* in the game), Doc Crusher, Crell Moset, Alternate Future Bashir, Goddess Troi, Sulan, and Selar (who would have one of the best profs for that skill if she were an Eng (another problem is the relatively weak Eng prof; no one has higher than 600 max prof for Eng)).

For reference, here are some of my common voyage Meds (either due to Med score or skill combo):
    Crell Moset + AoS Crusher + Sulan 1/5 (I use these 3 to boost my Med from other skill slots, because their other stats are poor but their Med score is over 1k)

Guinan 3/5 (amazing Dip and Med)
    Delta Flyer Paris 1/5 (maybe best Med/Eng combo for voyages, plus great Com)

Bridge Officer Troi 4/4 (just to combine with Com)
    Katra McCoy 4/4
    Combat Medic Paris 4/4
    Mirror Phlox 4/4
    From the looks of it we need some engineers too (not nearly as badly as medical).

Maybe until then, DB could tweak voyages to need medicine less often. Somewhere in between as often as any other skill, and hardly ever.

I would rather DB increase the number of MED crew than them shirk developing MED crew by subverting the need for them in voyages or shuttles by tweaking their requirements.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • srhrobhudsahsrhrobhudsah ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Well for MED people we can stand to have more versions of Bones, Chapel, Bev, Pulaski, Deanna, Bashir, Ezri, the Doctor, Kes, and Phlox.

Please no Bashir lol. He s u c k s to level for each of them. All for another Phlox though! wth, I didn't know we had to work around spelling s*cks here
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we also need are crew with strong MED secondary. Part of the reason we have less issues for CMD/DIP/SEC is because so many crew have those secondary skills so that after picking the best at each skill we have a bunch of extra skills thrown in. While for MED, with the exception of Guinan, I have no MED except for my MED crew. So when MED shows up as a features skill I'm forced to add extra MED crew in other slots.

What I'd love to see is a Captain Beverly Picard similar to Captain Laforge. She'd be a strong primary CMD, but have a good secondary MED.
  • Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    May I suggest some medical crew?

yzpz3rlauojr.jpg

Dr. Lewis Zimmerman

vlqvfqc0bjlh.jpg

Pastor Doctor

bhmblnbcpmst.jpg

Virtuoso Doctor

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The President of Earth has come in quite handy for me in Voyages as someone with a good secondary MED skill stat (and 3 total skills), but I realize not a lot of people may have him FF (or at all).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the greatest scientific mind of his generation - and potential Med-Eng-Sci superstar - Dr. Elias Giger:

umsg4tu9bhsv.jpg

Honestly I want a whole event around this guy. 5* Giger, 4* Kai Winn (a new one with her standard robes, not the heretic version), Weyoun as the existing 4*, and 3* Jake as the minor ranked reward, with 2* Nog on the threshold table.
  • Phlox with a med/sec combo

43c58fjwfogq.jpg
  • Phlox in total command of the Enterprise - by himself

q8i8528ujb1e.jpg
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    Phlox with a med/sec combo

43c58fjwfogq.jpg
    What the heck was that from? He looks like a Muppet.
  • Phlox being awesome and saving a entire planet of Klingon augments

tl180iuli0so.jpg
  • Burnham, MichelleBurnham, Michelle ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Just a few off the top of my head. I mean, surely this awesome character needs a few different cards and some extremely high stats? He kicks serious **tsk tsk** in Enterprise.

16hwv12q41u3.png

And his 2* and 3* cards are pretty ordinary imo. Not worth keeping if you have limited space.
  • Well for MED people we can stand to have more versions of Bones, Chapel, Bev, Pulaski, Deanna, Bashir, Ezri, the Doctor, Kes, and Phlox. That's 10 characters right there, so if we space out the variants, we should come up with quite a number of MED crew.

I know I've asked for a Platonian Chapel, a Time's Arrow Nurse Bev, Captain Bev...

Yes to all of this! And don't forget Dr. Hugh Culber (DIS), Dr. Philip Boyce (TOS - Pilot), Doctor Elizabeth Lense (DS9), Dr. Anton Nambue (DIS), etc., etc.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Magisse wrote: »
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    Phlox with a med/sec combo

43c58fjwfogq.jpg
    What the heck was that from? He looks like a Muppet.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Home_(episode)

It's a Denobulan defense mechanism. He gets attacked by alien haters on Earth and freaks out everyone in the bar.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serena Douglas as Sci/Med possibly Sci/Med/Dip
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget Quickening Bashir that came up with the vaccine to the Dominion made plague.oy1kamd4gd6t.jpg
    Let’s fly!
    Well for MED people we can stand to have more versions of Bones, Chapel, Bev, Pulaski, Deanna, Bashir, Ezri, the Doctor, Kes, and Phlox. That's 10 characters right there, so if we space out the variants, we should come up with quite a number of MED crew.

I know I've asked for a Platonian Chapel, a Time's Arrow Nurse Bev, Captain Bev...

Yes to all of this! And don't forget Dr. Hugh Culber (DIS), Dr. Philip Boyce (TOS - Pilot), Doctor Elizabeth Lense (DS9), Dr. Anton Nambue (DIS), etc., etc.

I didn't forget any of those people except Nambue lol, reread that post.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    So would the Dancing Doctor have med? (Tap dancing Beverly....) or would DB consider that a self-defense training and make her all SEC, lol :)
  • How about Doctor Sigmund Freud from TNG. v5sgg2jj0tkd.jpeg