Home The Bridge

Can we get more MED crew? Like as soon as...

Comments

• DinossDinoss ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Also the shortage of med wouldn’t be so bad in voyages if it wasn’t a primary/secondary skill every other day, and sometimes 4-5 days in a row.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Secondary skill MED crew? How about Commander Christine Chapel (at Starfleet HQ) from ST:TVH? Primary skill: CMD; secondary skill: MED; tertiary skill: DIP.

peYFesK.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Secondary skill MED crew? How about Commander Christine Chapel (at Starfleet HQ) from ST:TVH? Primary skill: CMD; secondary skill: MED; tertiary skill: DIP.

peYFesK.jpg

I am all for more Chapel.

Moar Chapel! you hear me DB, moar Chapel!!!

Platonian Chapel! Mirror Chapel! Commander Chapel!
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also plenty of characters which can be classified as nurses, like Lieutenant Temple, Martinez or Lanel...
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Hope they will bring Dr. Hugh Culber, it's the best timing with this brand new Discovery series.
    6pzl3bc25xrj.jpg
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    For all those who have basically said somewhere in these forums that there is some type of great 'need' for DB to introduce a new strong MED character, can you please clarify which portion of the customer base you are referring to when you make this claim? I see players falling into 3 broad groups:

1. Those who spend real money on the game - These players already have access to a number of very good MED characters, and should easily be able to do any Voyages that last 6+ hours prior to the initial amount of anti-matter running out.

2. Those who are not spenders, but have been playing for a substantial amount of time - DB through the monthly 'Daily Rewards' program gave everyone Bridge Officer Troi and Holonovel Doctor. They also held an event where there was an easily obtainable (and in fact obtained) 'Community Reward' that gave everyone a Mirror Phlox, who in addition to be useful in Voyages is strong in the Gauntlet. There have also been numerous events where players had access to earn through their performance other useful MED crew such as Doctor La Forge (especially handy since he has the ENG skill), Dr. Hippocrates Noah, The President of Earth and others. Finally, a longer term non-spending player should be in a position already where they can do 6+ hour Voyages (for at least most skill combos), which can drop 4* MED crew for them - I have personally already gotten Dr Crusher, Apollo, Arik Soong and RAF Julian Bashir from Voyages. As was noted by others, the existing crew can be collected and loaded up when there is a gold MED Voyage to do. I will also note I have found it an effective strategy to sometimes even use 3* MED crew (with the right secondary skill combo) for Voyages.

3. Those who are not spenders, and are also relatively new players - If DB were to make a new strong 5* MED character, then a player would need to rank in the top 1000 of the associated event in order to acquire her/him. Can we agree that a new-ish non-spending player is very unlikely to be able to rank in the top 1000, and therefore the introduction of this type of character is not really going to help them?

Now, instead of arguing there is some type of great gameplay 'need' for a new strong MED character, it was put forth that DB could make a good profit/$$$ by introducing this type of character, because the players in group 1 would be eager to buy her/him, then this would make more sense to me.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    For all those who have basically said somewhere in these forums that there is some type of great 'need' for DB to introduce a new strong MED character, can you please clarify which portion of the customer base you are referring to when you make this claim? I see players falling into 3 broad groups:

1. Those who spend real money on the game - These players already have access to a number of very good MED characters, and should easily be able to do any Voyages that last 6+ hours prior to the initial amount of anti-matter running out.

2. Those who are not spenders, but have been playing for a substantial amount of time - DB through the monthly 'Daily Rewards' program gave everyone Bridge Officer Troi and Holonovel Doctor. They also held an event where there was an easily obtainable (and in fact obtained) 'Community Reward' that gave everyone a Mirror Phlox, who in addition to be useful in Voyages is strong in the Gauntlet. There have also been numerous events where players had access to earn through their performance other useful MED crew such as Doctor La Forge (especially handy since he has the ENG skill), Dr. Hippocrates Noah, The President of Earth and others. Finally, a longer term non-spending player should be in a position already where they can do 6+ hour Voyages (for at least most skill combos), which can drop 4* MED crew for them - I have personally already gotten Dr Crusher, Apollo, Arik Soong and RAF Julian Bashir from Voyages. As was noted by others, the existing crew can be collected and loaded up when there is a gold MED Voyage to do. I will also note I have found it an effective strategy to sometimes even use 3* MED crew (with the right secondary skill combo) for Voyages.

3. Those who are not spenders, and are also relatively new players - If DB were to make a new strong 5* MED character, then a player would need to rank in the top 1000 of the associated event in order to acquire her/him. Can we agree that a new-ish non-spending player is very unlikely to be able to rank in the top 1000, and therefore the introduction of this type of character is not really going to help them?

Now, instead of arguing there is some type of great gameplay 'need' for a new strong MED character, it was put forth that DB could make a good profit/$$$ by introducing this type of character, because the players in group 1 would be eager to buy her/him, then this would make more sense to me.

A good medic can be obtainable also in a 4/4 crew, like Phlox
  • Well that's nice. I'll leave it to RNG then, that'll do it.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

I think the idea is to balance out the MED with the other skills. You mention a few characters, but at what percentage of events were those MED characters? Or even MED Primary? Not a lot.

I've got a pretty damn good crew right now and pretty diverse, but it's still hard to get the same performance on Voyages (and I have all the characters you mention, most maxed as well) and if MEDs my primary, I ain't gonna do as well as if SEC is or if DIP is, or if CMD is. MED is the least represented in all the skills. I get 6 hours on Med, I get 8 hours on Sec, and I also have some of the best MED in the game.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    I kind of agree that it's not really necessary to bring in more MED crew. Of course Phlox is amazing so I would love to see more of him, but as pointed out above, it makes sense that there are less MED crew in STT because there are less MED crew in Star Trek. Also, my weakest skill by far is ENG, so I'm guessing it's just different for different players.
    Clanof wrote: »
    I kind of agree that it's not really necessary to bring in more MED crew. Of course Phlox is amazing so I would love to see more of him, but as pointed out above, it makes sense that there are less MED crew in STT because there are less MED crew in Star Trek. Also, my weakest skill by far is ENG, so I'm guessing it's just different for different players.

Ultimately though, there's no harm in bringing in more MED. I'm not even asking for a 5* specifically, I just want strong MED, so more med that's over 700, preferably over 800 because there's so few. That can be accomplished easily with 4*s.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • I used the following crew 2 Voyages ago that had gold SEC and silver MED:

4/5 Kortar
    3/5 T'Kuvma
    4/5 Dark Ages McCoy (MED/DIP/SEC)
    2/5 Commander Troi (MED/DIP/SEC)
    4/4 Mirror Phlox (MED/SEC)
    4/4 Doctor La Forge (MED/SEC/ENG)
    4/4 Lon Suder
    1/5 Wrathful Khan
    1/5 Assimilated Janeway
    2/5 Lt Commander Jadzia Dax
    4/4 Changeling Bashir (MED/SEC/ENG)
    4/5 Bartender Guinan (DIP/MED/SEC)

My AM was 2775 and Skill Points were:
    SEC: 8864
    MED: 6046
    DIP: 4365
    CMD: 3949
    SCI: 2614
    ENG: 2446

The Voyage went for 7h 22m. I think there are good MED crew, but probably not enough.
    I used the following crew 2 Voyages ago that had gold SEC and silver MED:

4/5 Kortar
    3/5 T'Kuvma
    4/5 Dark Ages McCoy (MED/DIP/SEC)
    2/5 Commander Troi (MED/DIP/SEC)
    4/4 Mirror Phlox (MED/SEC)
    4/4 Doctor La Forge (MED/SEC/ENG)
    4/4 Lon Suder
    1/5 Wrathful Khan
    1/5 Assimilated Janeway
    2/5 Lt Commander Jadzia Dax
    4/4 Changeling Bashir (MED/SEC/ENG)
    4/5 Bartender Guinan (DIP/MED/SEC)

My AM was 2775 and Skill Points were:
    SEC: 8864
    MED: 6046
    DIP: 4365
    CMD: 3949
    SCI: 2614
    ENG: 2446

The Voyage went for 7h 22m. I think there are good MED crew, but probably not enough.

Oh there are good MED crew, no one is arguing that. It's just that you're right, there aren't enough.
    The idea Voyage is to have at least 7000 skill points in your gold and silver skills. But even you don't muster 7000 in your MED.

I can often get to about the 7th hour or slightly past it, but no further. More MED crew can make the difference of making it to the 8th hour for me, or for some people to the 6th hour or higher than that.
  • Well for MED people we can stand to have more versions of Bones, Chapel, Bev, Pulaski, Deanna, Bashir, Ezri, the Doctor, Kes, and Phlox. That's 10 characters right there, so if we space out the variants, we should come up with quite a number of MED crew.

I know I've asked for a Platonian Chapel, a Time's Arrow Nurse Bev, Captain Bev...

Yes to all of this! And don't forget Dr. Hugh Culber (DIS), Dr. Philip Boyce (TOS - Pilot), Doctor Elizabeth Lense (DS9), Dr. Anton Nambue (DIS), etc., etc.

I didn't forget any of those people except Nambue lol, reread that post.

I guess I got excited and had a little A.D.D. moment and didn't really stop to read it all.

Much love LG!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It's been nearly 5 months since the last super-rare Medic was added. That's a bit rubbish for players who started since then. I'm sure DB can find a couple out of this list they can add very soon.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost like they're adding one this weekend! And he's even pretty good at Voyaging.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Almost like they're adding one this weekend! And he's even pretty good at Voyaging.

Did I miss something?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Did I miss something?

I think they're referring to Tourist Quark, who has the MED skill.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Did I miss something?

I think they're referring to Tourist Quark, who has the MED skill.

Ah okay. This thread is about primary Med. I'm sure Quark's Med will be very useful for post-nerf voyages.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    Phlox in total command of the Enterprise - by himself

q8i8528ujb1e.jpg

Great episode. Thanks for using the picture of him wearing clothes.
  • edited January 2018
    Freud looks like a fat Jonathon Frakes.

Maybe this is the first real proof we have that time travel is real and maybe Frakes used it to go back in time to get some more work once his Star Trek jobs dried up.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    494b1p9rihs3.png
    Freud looks like a fat Jonathon Frakes.

Maybe this is the first real proof we have that time travel is real and maybe Frakes used it to go back in time to get some more work once his Star Trek jobs dried up.

Frakes has had no shortage of jobs as a Director.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Freud looks like a fat Jonathan Frakes.

Jonathan Frakes name popped up on the most recent episode of DIS, I am guessing he will direct the next episode as well.

• Pallidyne wrote: »
    Freud looks like a fat Jonathan Frakes.

Jonathan Frakes name popped up on the most recent episode of DIS, I am guessing he will direct the next episode as well.

T.J. Scott again
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
    Frakes has also directed episodes of the Orville, The Librarians, NCIS LA, did a bunch of Castle and Leverage when they were on, etc etc etc. Over 40 shows (many with multiple episodes) on the IMDB.

That's not counting his voice work and other guest acting roles.

Guy doesn't gather enough moss to need time travel to find a job.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I've got a Commander Chapel. She's Sci/med/dip though.

I think others have correctly guessed the source of this imbalance: the regular cast of the various shows was a bit light on medical people, plus those chacters were rarely the central character of an episode (making for fewer variants of them), and it is also comparatively rare for a character who isn't a doctor or nurse to be defined as having medical training.
    I mean, it would have been in character for Worf or Tasha Yar to be a paramedic, but stories where that might come up are rare compared to episodes where it comes up that Janeway trained as a science officer or that Sisko was an engineer.

• Okay, so Frakes is still a busy boy.

Maybe this is also proof of human cloning in the not too distant future.
  • I have made a similiar request to this, but a little more ampler. I requested that future mega-event recurrent crew should have 2 of the 3 less existant habilities on the game or the three of them: Medicine, Engineering and/or Science.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    SpyOne wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've got a Commander Chapel. She's Sci/med/dip though.

I think others have correctly guessed the source of this imbalance: the regular cast of the various shows was a bit light on medical people, plus those chacters were rarely the central character of an episode (making for fewer variants of them), and it is also comparatively rare for a character who isn't a doctor or nurse to be defined as having medical training.

You have demonstrated a point. Commander Chapel was a nurse in TOS and a Doctor in the motion picture. She was primarily a medic and only appeared in TVH very briefly,

Despite this DB made her primary skill Sci. They had ample opportunity to give us a primary Med, but decided not to.