Home The Bridge

New Server Notes about taking breaks...

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in The Bridge
Need clarification on this:
"To remind players that taking breaks is important, a new pop-up system has been introduced. Players might encounter this pop-up while playing and might be required to restart the game."

To me, that sounds ridiculous

Comments

• I don't understand.....Aren't we already limited by our chrons?

Unless they are referring to events, which might require us to spam the exact same missions for 8 hours out of each day just to maintain our event rank. If they are concerned about our collective health due to event demands, why not just decrease the amount of spamming that is needed in events?

It feels like another shove towards making us spending cash to compete.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Could be a way of fighting the macros?

Ahh, true... hadn't thought of that. If that's the case though, why not call it what it is instead of hiding it in some stupid "take breaks" nonsense. You're probably right though that's what it'll be for
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope such pop ups don t occur midway while playing a cadet missions or fighting a ship battle...this could be bad. Otherwise i don t mind.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • it's to address the use of bots or macros during skirmish and galaxy events.
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this at all but cadet missions (or any away mission) are unaffected. Those resume exactly where you left off if you restart the game.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    "To remind players that taking breaks is important, a new pop-up system has been introduced. Players might encounter this pop-up while playing and might be required to restart the game."

To me it sounds like a way to stop people from using macros in skirmishes. I approve as long as they don't do it in the middle of a battle or away mission or something, causing you to fail.

This is a positive change in my mind.

Probably won't solve all problems, but a good first step.

I hope they send it out as a message to all players so no one has the excuse that they "don't go to the forums" and start punitive actions against people using macros once they find a way around this.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that this will do little to fight macros. It just means that someone might have to check in every once in a while to restart? Even if it were every hour, someone could still get 6 hours straight of sleep and macro the other 18 hours a day.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

To me it sounds like a way to stop people from using macros in skirmishes. I approve as long as they don't do it in the middle of a battle or away mission or something, causing you to fail.

This is a positive change in my mind.

Probably won't solve all problems, but a good first step.

I hope they send it out as a message to all players so no one has the excuse that they "don't go to the forums" and start punitive actions against people using macros once they find a way around this.

Agreed that it's a positive for this purpose, originally posting I hadn't thought about it for the macro wars usage. I still just wish they'd call it what it is instead of claiming it's encouraging taking breaks

Bring on the next Skirmish
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that this will do little to fight macros. It just means that someone might have to check in every once in a while to restart? Even if it were every hour, someone could still get 6 hours straight of sleep and macro the other 18 hours a day.

True, but at the same time the follow up announcement speaks to using various methods to fight macros. I'm sure that, among other things, that type of behaviour would flag their system.
    edited July 2018
    When this will cause your voyage to fail, you won't be as enthusiastic about this so called "feature".

I can't see that happening (for me) because I don't cut it so close that I'd be out of anti-matter in the amount of time it would take me to log back on.

• [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

True, but at the same time the follow up announcement speaks to using various methods to fight macros. I'm sure that, among other things, that type of behaviour would flag their system.

Here's to hoping you are right and this isn't the only thing they are actually doing
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    When this will cause your voyage to fail, you won't be as enthusiastic about this so called "feature".

I can't see that happening (for me) because I don't cut it so close that I'd be out of anti-matter in the amount of time it would take me to log back on.

It has happened to me multiple times. I was so close to the 8th hour dilemma that I had to watch the antimatter, sometimes I passed it but sometimes I didn't. But I did manage to hit the return every single time. If a restart pop-up would have appeared, I would have lost all those voyages. It's not paranoia, unless they code the pop-up really well, they will cause this to happen many times.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wither it succeeds or fails is not important.
    All that matters is that you don't get between me, and the blood wine ! Kaplagh !

Lol sorry, sisko moment.

All that matters at this moment is that they are trying.

If the"rests" / "breaks" are indeed anti macro movements I think it's great that such a forward and pretty transparent move has been made.

I'd be ok if they even put in some sort of random "are you real" test that came up randomly that would just ask you to.. "touch the yellow triangle Followed by the blue circle" a non complicated captcha. Something a macro couldn't defeat but wouldn't halt a legit player from playing legitimately. Maybe even attach a small player bonus for getting / doing them like 100 honor or chronitons or something.

I do hope, that this doesn't hurt legit players by means of false flags at horrible times.
    (Like, the last 15 minutes of any event, recalling voyages and that sort)
  • [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    I like the move to get rid of the macros, but that should be only a first step. The next would have to be a re-modeling of the skirmish event type. The hours of gameplay necessary to stay within top 1000 was ridiculous last time. Can't say I look forward to the next one..
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Just seems like a way to intentionally get people to fail voyages and have to spend dilithium.
  • I'm assuming the popups will only happen on event screens. so hopefully that means no impact to voyages.

but that still has an open question for skirmishes...
  • I already have to do forced restarts...every second or third time I try to use an ad warp.
    [TFA] Task Force April, April's Assassins
    Lvl 99, VIP 14, 939 Immortalized, 212 5* FE/FF
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen at all on certain areas of the game like voyages, gauntlet, away missions, etc. I'm guessing it might be limited to only happening during events, because that would make a lot of sense.

@Shan Any details on where this could or could not appear?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen at all on certain areas of the game like voyages, gauntlet, away missions, etc. I'm guessing it might be limited to only happening during events, because that would make a lot of sense.

@Shan Any details on where this could or could not appear?

No details to add.
    As with any new feature, you know the drill: give us your feedback via ticket/Engineering Room :)
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has the app open at all times, this may prove mildly irritating. However, if it's to stop people cheating I'm not going to argue. I blame the cheats, not DB.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has the app open at all times, this may prove mildly irritating. However, if it's to stop people cheating I'm not going to argue. I blame the cheats, not DB.

Agreed! Personally though I would rather they made the events/game less dull/repetitive!!

Endless clicking in Skirmish and Galaxy events are not fun!

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • This will also destroy hangover shuttles for Hybrid events. When you reboot, the game is bugged and you lose bonuses.