Home The Bridge

Series Representation in Mega Events

I did a bit of number crunching this morning to see the spread of crew from each series that have been featured in each of the Mega Events. It was surprisingly balanced, apart from a distinct under-representation from The Animated Series. I do think The Original Series and The Next Generation need a bit of a boost too.

Here is the breakdown.

DS9 = 18
VOY = 18
ENT = 14
DSC = 16
TNG = 12
TOS = 10
COM = 7
TAS = 1

Which series would you like to see represented in the next Mega Event?
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Series Representation in Mega Events 119 votes

The Animated Series is horribly under-represented in Mega Events!
7%
Xoiiku[TUFG] SiguardHaBlack[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerHungry Dog DDMOdo Marmarosacaptain_yarYateballTheVerge04 9 votes
You can never have enough Deep Space 9! More Dax! Dax Dax Dax!!!
10%
RabbSabine of AthensAntar3sAuntieARennJaxoBrunt, FCAEmmett KS14 Bri TP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusS31High ShimodaNejaa 12 votes
Voyager is Best! I love Janeway and we haven't had a new card this year!
3%
Captain DurfTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Daniel3434Bylo Band 4 votes
I know we have another Phlox, but Enterprise Rocks!
12%
[DC] PrincipiaCaptain_WhoDane 'Glynn Furyguest_7456Lady GaghgaghJayBeezyBanjo1012PompeyMagnusDavideBooksCmdr SinclairWundigoreLegate Damar [IR]HoratioHornblowerMuffanWildstar19 15 votes
I like to Dance, so let's have more Disco!
1%
Zombie Squirrel Red Sonja 2 votes
Ugh seriously, The Next Generation is the only Star Trek. Get Real.
29%
Xanathar[DC] MerwinianSSR BarkleyRocpileV. William T. RikerNad HalehmigamiddleheadJim RaynorCommander TuckerLeshy(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeDrone_oneSvenLundgrenMr. Lincoln[TUFG] Captain Zlog[QH] Captain ZiggyInquisitor Troi-Riker 35 votes
Why oh Why can't we have more Spock, Scotty, McCoy and Kirk?
26%
Warrior Willo[7TW] UnkieBWaldoMagCaptain LostTravis S McClain[QH] Oxmyx[QH] He-Who-MeowsZann Calcore (ISA)General McDuckAHSOG2[SJ] Admiral AkiK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaJax2UFMirrorMartiganMatt_Decker[FF] Vice Admiral NairneGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedave[CFOH] BearcatChaoticDNA 31 votes
Those Comics Rock! More Mirror Please!
2%
(HGH)ApollocmdrworfJoeSage2 3 votes
Other (there's always one, and I'm special)
6%
Commander Sinclair*Gorned*™~peregrine~al103[FSC] Adm: GryphonAhab°Seven of One {R•PHX}Captain Stupid 8 votes

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for TOS, but I'd also like to see a little more TNG. They're still my favorites.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Why oh Why can't we have more Spock, Scotty, McCoy and Kirk?
    I voted for TOS, but I'd also like to see a little more TNG. They're still my favorites.

I voted TOS, though I love DS9 and Voyager I feel we haven't got enough Spock, Kirk, Scotty or McCoy. They're the real deal. I also wouldn't mind more TAS though I haven't seen much of it, I think it's really under-rated story wise.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would certainly like to see at least one more TAS character (Stavos Keniclius seems to be the most popular), though I usually consider TAS to be “more TOS” than a truly separate series.
  • Other (there's always one, and I'm special)
    Torn between TOS & TNG. Actually, I wouldn't mind another Disco Mega in a month or so...

AND we will have to start thinking about Mega for Picard's new series when it comes out.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked when we had mirror tng in. I went and read the mirror tng comics then did the events. It was a fun tie in. I would like to see more tie in with trek books and comics.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No big surprise here but the reason I voted Enterprise is we need another 5* T’Pol. There’s like 6 five star Dax’s, Janeways, and Kira’s. Can we get another T’Pol?
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    No big surprise here but the reason I voted Enterprise is we need another 5* T’Pol. There’s like 6 five star Dax’s, Janeways, and Kira’s. Can we get another T’Pol?

You could add the T’Pol that was Lorian’ mom.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always down for DS9 (wish someone would remember Jadzia isn't the only Dax), but I had to vote for TOS. I've always adored the aesthetics of that show--the costumes, the makeup, the sets, the props, all of it. I get a kick out of seeing characters from it whenever they pop up in events or the time portal that's different from my reaction to ones from the rest of the canon. Apollo, Gorn Captain, M-113 Creature...they're just wacky fun.
  • The Animated Series is horribly under-represented in Mega Events!
    Yep, I voted for the animated series...seeing as how I'm an old fart, and actually watched the series on "cartoon day" when I was a kid.

I'm still waiting for Timelines to release a version of Lt. M'Ress (for the Memory Alpha entry just head here: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/M%27Ress).
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can never have enough Deep Space 9! More Dax! Dax Dax Dax!!!
    I went DS9, because...always DS9...

However, I am a bit flummoxed by the lack of TOS and TOS movie crew in the game. Less Picards and Janeways, and more McCoys and Sulus, I say!
  • Ugh seriously, The Next Generation is the only Star Trek. Get Real.
    TNG gave us the Borg, the Ferengi, the Cardassians, the Bajorans, and the Maquis, more than a third of the factions!

They’re all great in their own way, but TNG defined my childhood. The writing, the ship, and most of all the crew - it was like a real family that you felt lucky to be a part of.

tm8kd1demsr4.giflwm4jrf3wyp3.gif

"On the starship Enterprise, no one is alone. No one." - Captain Picard
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh seriously, The Next Generation is the only Star Trek. Get Real.
    Seasons 4-7 of DS9 will always be my favorite Trek. But TNG introduced me to Star Trek, and there's such a great list of characters and stories. So I voted TNG.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    TOS. As long as it's NOT Spock, Scotty, McCoy and Kirk.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    TOS: How about Gary 7, Number 1, Gary Mitchell, NOMAD (had to put that in), Lord Garth, Commander Loskene of the Tholian Assembly, oh and while we're at it, a Romulan Warbird!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    TNG gave us the Borg, the Ferengi, the Cardassians, the Bajorans, and the Maquis, more than a third of the factions!

TNG may have introduced the Ferengi, Cardassians, Bajorans and Maquis, but DS9 breathed life into them.

I voted for Enterprise because that's the series I've been re-watching recently (it's not great, but I like it a lot more than Voyager), but I'd also be excited to see a TAS or TOS-themed mega event.
    TOS: How about Gary 7, Number 1, Gary Mitchell, NOMAD (had to put that in), Lord Garth, Commander Loskene of the Tholian Assembly, oh and while we're at it, a Romulan Warbird!

Nice group of TOS requests. Some of mine to add to it:

Arne Darvin & Barry Waddle ("The Trouble with Tribbles" & "Trials and Tribble-ations")
    Balok ("The Corbomite Maneuver")
    Bele & Lokai ("Let That Be Your Last Battlefield")
    Boss Oxmyx & Jojo Krakow ("A Little Piece of the Action")
    Commodore Matt Decker ("The Doomsday Machine")
    Marta (Harley Quinn to Lord Garth's Joker, I suppose?)
    Roger Korby ("What Are Little Girls Made Of?")
    White Rabbit ("Shore Leave")
    Yeoman Martha Landon ("The Apple"--I'd be content with her being a 2*)

And I want "The Return of the Archons" represented somehow. I don't much care how. Guest characters, variants of the main cast, whatever. That episode has always fascinated me. In some respects, it's a perfectly routine TOS episode and in other respects, it's a complete anomaly. Today, we can use the shorthand of calling it The Purge episode, but that reference didn't used to exist and it was a lot harder to succinctly convey what it was about.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I would like to see a Mega Event with a theme that is explicitly not tied to one series and/or faction. Instead, perhaps, the theme could be a trait (e.g., Gambler) or skill (e.g., DIP), or maybe tied in to the real-world calendar (harvest festival, winter solstice, etc.). 🖖🏻

EDIT: I thought I remembered someone else proposing this, so I went looking & found this post from @BigDaddyTaylor, CPT. (SJ) , back in June 2018:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/6119/halloween-mega-event/p1
    🎃
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I know we have another Phlox, but Enterprise Rocks!
    More TOS, ENT, and TAS please not necessarily in that order, thanks. And less DSC if you could we don't need more dilution of Roddenberry's vision unless they intend to correct DSC, thanks again.

TNG may have introduced the Ferengi, Cardassians, Bajorans and Maquis, but DS9 breathed life into them.

I voted for Enterprise because that's the series I've been re-watching recently (it's not great, but I like it a lot more than Voyager), but I'd also be excited to see a TAS or TOS-themed mega event.

DS9's handling of the Ferengi was a mixed bag for me. I loved the core group of Quark, Rom, Nog, Zek, Moogie, and Brunt. But there were more than a few Ferengi-focused episodes that just fell flat and I think a key reason is that DS9 focused exclusively on the merchant/civilian side of the Ferengi. I missed the militarized DaiMons from TNG. I felt they did the Ferengi a disservice by excluding them from that series altogether.

At first blanch, it might beg the question why Nog didn't just want to join the Ferengi military instead of going to the trouble of breaking new ground by joining Starfleet. But I think that decision has even more weight to it if we're reminded that the Ferengi military does exist and is an option. Nog's argument is that he and Rom are both just not like mainstream Ferengi. That's still a perfectly valid reason for not feeling there's a place for either of them as engineers of Ferengi ships. It would add a little more emphasis also to Nog's developed respect and appreciation for Federation values.

Plus, I would like to have seen some class conflicts between Quark the civilian merchant and a DaiMon like, say, DaiMon Bractor (from TNG "Peak Performance", played by Armin Shimerman). How do they differ in their understanding and application of the Rules of Acquisition? What do Ferengi like them think of one another? Is Quark a lesser Ferengi for not being in the crew of a Marauder? Is Bractor driven by misplaced aggression in the eyes of Quark?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Still there are soooo many TOS crew I'd like to see...
    Mirror Sulu
    Lt. Marlena Moreau
    Mudd's Women (maybe a group card, like Duras sisters)
    Mirror Scotty
    Gary Seven
    Isis
    Roberta
    Jojo Krako
    Samuel T. Cogley
    Gorgan
    Miri
    Jahn
    Elizabeth Dehner
    Alexander (court jester, Plato's Stepchildren)
    Commodore Matt Decker
    Losira
    Princess Eleen
    Dr. Ann Mulhall
    Marta
    Lt. Boma
    Bele
    Lokai
    Lieutenant Commander Gary Mitchell
    Dr. Tristan Adams
    Balok
    Doctor Helen Noel
    Lazarus
    Captain John Christopher
    ...not even close to a full list.

I'd guess TOS characters are a bit tougher for them as many acotors are either older and out of the acting world for decades for the most part, or have passed away and their heirs are the ones that need to be tracked down and dealt with for likeness issues.

We know that Charlie X and Harry Mudd have been no goes. Celia Lovsky too (TOS T'Pau) from what I've seen posted various places. They may have tried some others and gotten turned down too.

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see many great TOS character lists that are all somehow missing the great Doctor M’Benga.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the trek animals. Give me a Spot, give me a Porthos, give me a Picard lionfish even. Give me George and Gracie whales, give me The Doctor's holographic fish.
    Let’s fly!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    More TOS please! I get why people don't care for it, but it IS the original, without which none of the rest would exist. As with each series, it had it's share of cringe-worthy episodes (especially as they become more dated), but also plenty of timeless concepts.

Return of the Archons had some neat costumes and would make for great art (crosses fingers).
    I'd like to see almost every single character in UnkieB's list.
    We need a Laborer (or Movie-Goer) Kirk to pair up with Laborer Spock.
    Flavius Maximus to go with Gladiator McCoy.
    I'd like to see one (or more) of the Organians (before they became energy blobs).
    Krako and Oxmyx to round out the Gangster set (more cool costumes).
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Animated Series is horribly under-represented in Mega Events!
    I definitely want to see some more characters from TAS, as I already asked for. Beside Stavo there are plenty more
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1731/beside-arex-can-we-get-some-more-characters-from-tas
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the trek animals. Give me a Spot, give me a Porthos, give me a Picard lionfish even. Give me George and Gracie whales, give me The Doctor's holographic fish.

This could be a very fun Mega, especially with the stress-reducing qualities of pets! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Voyager is Best! I love Janeway and we haven't had a new card this year!
    😉
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    DS9 and Discovery are my personal favorites, but I chose Enterprise. While I would love to see more Animated Series cards, and I don't mind the comics characters, Enterprise is not feeling the love from DB. Archer only has one event under his belt, and he's never been the Legendary character in an event.
  • Ugh seriously, The Next Generation is the only Star Trek. Get Real.
    I did a bit of number crunching this morning to see the spread of crew from each series that have been featured in each of the Mega Events.
    I was bored as well so I counted up all crew overall in the game as shown in
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew/List
    5ax5bin394df.png
    It states as of 12 August there are 564 crew in the vault but clearly that’s wrong as the vault indicates 585.
    Obviously there’s a fudge factor.
    But still get a rough idea of which series’s are being left behind when it comes to crew added & who are favoured.

ENT - 60
    DIS - 35
    TOS - 90
    TAS - 3
    TNG - 141
    DS9 - 133
    VOY - 94
    N-C - 16
    Joined game 6th March 2016