Home The Bridge

Triple Polywater in the Arena

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
WIth this nonsense 2 seconds initialize I'm running into people with multiple Yars that are literally unbeatable no matter what I do. In particular, there's a bozo that keeps popping up on my opponents list with 3 maxed out polywater Yars. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it as I'm dead before the fight begins. I believe this is the definition of "OP"

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured that would happen once I saw Yar's ship ability.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    WIth this nonsense 2 seconds initialize I'm running into people with multiple Yars that are literally unbeatable no matter what I do. In particular, there's a bozo that keeps popping up on my opponents list with 3 maxed out polywater Yars. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it as I'm dead before the fight begins. I believe this is the definition of "OP"

Have you tried early evasion. If you survive the instant damage, should have a sitting duck with -6 evasion.
    Or, just avoid, I do not like changing crew for opponents.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Have you tried early evasion. If you survive the instant damage, should have a sitting duck with -6 evasion.

Who has 2 seconds or less evasion?
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Admiral Janeway has 1 second evasion
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Ahh nice! Worth a try, I've had her sitting at level 70 for ages
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I think the captain that won last event had two immortalized Polywaters during event. Now they have three FF.
    However, they do not have to immortalize the last one or even start leveling if the slot on ship does not have her stats.
  • I use Admiral Janeway to offset the the negative evasion the polywater gives
  • BobkyouBobkyou ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    4/4★ Lore has 1 second +7 evasion. Doesn't help much if the opponent has 5/5★ Mirror Spock with his 1 second +9 accuracy though.

5/5★ Ambassador Soval has 1 second +8 evasion. That's 1 less than Admiral Janeway, but still usable.

Just 2 Polywaters plus a Locutus is practically game over before you have time to cloak. 1 5/5★ Polywater, 2 1/5★ Polywaters, and a 5/5★ Mirror Spock might be unbeatable without a huge amount of luck.
    bd94n3snvm45.png
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »

Scientist Degra has a 0 second evasion (as well as instant damage). It only last for three seconds, mind, but that could be a fun way to dodge while simultaneously punching back.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have hit #1 4 times today so far.....have you tried, well, not fighting a ship equipped with 3 Yar's?

That's helpful, thank you
    My post did not say "can't climb the ranks of the arena", it said Yar is OP. Again, thanks tho
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP that Yar is OP.
    vqxfhd21e8zx.png
  • Yateball wrote: »

Whales are welcome here... :s

The proof is here:
    210abtnndzww.png
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    So...I'm one of those YarYarYarSpock cubes. But only through this week's skirmish event. Then I'll fuse them and just have one immortal Yar. But until then the battles should be nice and short this weekend. :)
  • What's bothering me most: Why bother spending money on overpowered crewmen in order to dominate the arena top ranks for free schematics supposed be for free players who don't want to spent more money on pixels? Don't they supposed to pay real life bills or few days vacation trip?

I also concerns about players will be new targets if they don't have Polywater Yar or Captain Tilly in their bridge. I got hit three times, knocked down to 5% today because I don't have the overpowered crewmen. I'm not sure if I can continue fight or drop out of arena for my time's sake.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are having fun trying out different combos and sniping eachother from 1st place.

The combo is completely beatable, by the way.
  • One Yar or three Yar, you can beat them with a Bounty in 8 of 10 fights.

Right crew without Yar will do it. Have just made it twice to rank #1 , of course I dont stay there very long.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without Yar, I've hit no1 in admirals division 3 times this week and my ship isn't even maxed out. I got Yar, put her on my ship, actually prefer the Duras Sisters. Yar is like fast food, quick, easy, but doesn't fill you up. The Duras Sisters are more like a 3 course sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings, lasts a long time, does the job properly (think Tuvok also very long but I don't have him FF)

Like many other players I wanted Yar for skirmish, because #iloveskirmish and maybe this time I can get started straight on epic #soooooooexcited! I only have one though 😊

I expect a fair few of those players will combine next week. Even with Yar (and Killy), for the last four days I've not been able to keep the 120 schms every day, I keep dropping to 100 overnight. OH helpfully suggested I start getting up earlier.

Ummm. No.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without Yar, I've hit no1 in admirals division 3 times this week and my ship isn't even maxed out. I got Yar, put her on my ship, actually prefer the Duras Sisters. Yar is like fast food, quick, easy, but doesn't fill you up. The Duras Sisters are more like a 3 course sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings, lasts a long time, does the job properly (think Tuvok also very long but I don't have him FF)

Like many other players I wanted Yar for skirmish, because #iloveskirmish and maybe this time I can get started straight on epic #soooooooexcited! I only have one though 😊

I expect a fair few of those players will combine next week. Even with Yar (and Killy), for the last four days I've not been able to keep the 120 schms every day, I keep dropping to 100 overnight. OH helpfully suggested I start getting up earlier.

Ummm. No.

Do your last arena battles as close to 1 AM Eastern as you can manage. It's your rank at the end of the day that matters.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm. No.

Do your last arena battles as close to 1 AM Eastern as you can manage. It's your rank at the end of the day that matters.

I'm in the UK, for me its 6am or some such stupid time. I'm often up at 1am. 6am, not so much 😂😂 maybe next week when the kids go back to school....miracles can happen 😇
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Without Yar, I've hit no1 in admirals division 3 times this week and my ship isn't even maxed out. I got Yar, put her on my ship, actually prefer the Duras Sisters. Yar is like fast food, quick, easy, but doesn't fill you up. The Duras Sisters are more like a 3 course sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings, lasts a long time, does the job properly (think Tuvok also very long but I don't have him FF)

Ummm. No.

Won't matter most of the time, I'm in the same time zone and still get knocked down. Best is to try to stop around the 2-300 rank. Or as your OH points out get up early to do it before the Arena ends.

Yeah, not my favourite option either!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Yar or three Yar, you can beat them with a Bounty in 8 of 10 fights.

Right crew without Yar will do it. Have just made it twice to rank #1 , of course I dont stay there very long.

I got to #2 last night. Did my next battle as soon as the cooldown was over and was already down to #317

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve given up in trying to get to top 10 since you just get knocked out 10 seconds later. the real challenge is how many days in a row you can stay in top 500 without playing a battle.
  • Without Yar, I've hit no1 in admirals division 3 times this week and my ship isn't even maxed out. I got Yar, put her on my ship, actually prefer the Duras Sisters. Yar is like fast food, quick, easy, but doesn't fill you up. The Duras Sisters are more like a 3 course sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings, lasts a long time, does the job properly (think Tuvok also very long but I don't have him FF)

Ummm. No.

I'm on Eastern zone but not worth to stay up so late if I have get up at 4 AM, start work on 5 AM.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB update:

To challenge longtime players in skirmishes, an additional difficulty level has been added. It will be named "Poly-Polywater Yar"
  • Absolute crapls5kie9uoz97.png
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that Arachnia Janeway lets me beat them all the time, her passive evasion leads to Yar wiffing a good bit, and if she wiffs at all they are dead. I just went to 1st doing nothing but picking Yar ships including beating down a double Yar for 1st. With a little evasion they are just left out to dry. Not saying she isn't good, just not OP
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do tend to forget about passive bonus. That might be the problem with my attempts with Poly. I can win but it is not within 6 seconds but more like 14.

She will make it interesting for skirmish though. The damage I am doing in the first 4 seconds will destroy most of those ships.