Home The Bridge

Triple Polywater in the Arena

Comments

• t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭

wow, where is my popcorn, I can't be unprepared for this.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, she got beat down with the nerf bat! she really needed multiple stars or another attack booster to be good anyways 350% of 15 attack isn't terribly threatening.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not happy about that nerf. Her Arena ability was the only reason I went for top 1000 in the event. I spent many boosters to get what was advertised, only to have it taken away - she's just another mediocre card now.

Still, as annoyed as I feel, I sympathize far more for those who spent dil and money on event packs for this character.

This is a bait and switch.

How are refunds being handled for those who bought packs, I wonder?
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Guess Yar will be disappearing quickly......and the pitchforks will be coming out
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I'm not happy about that nerf. Her Arena ability was the only reason I went for top 1000 in the event. I spent many boosters to get what was advertised, only to have it taken away - she's just another mediocre card now.

Still, as annoyed as I feel, I sympathize far more for those who spent dil and money on event packs for this character.

This is a bait and switch.

How are refunds being handled for those who bought packs, I wonder?

If it’s like when Chaotica got hammered they’ll tell people tough luck. Some will quit and go to Google/Apple to try for refunds.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Submit tickets early and often!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely too much of a nerf. No Yar for me, and that's a total bait and switch for those that did. Get out your refund pitchforks, you weren't delivered the goods you paid for!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

That ability structure is waaaaaaaaaay better, but I can understand how this would piss people off who went all out for her in the event..... Yikes, I'll sit back and enjoy this show

• God bless you for this post ! 😂
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I honestly just expected them to set her to 6 seconds like the other "normal OP" ship crew. It does feel like an over nerf.

I wonder if it would sting less with an apology from whoever let it through in the first place not realizing how Arena breaking it would be. Looks like they stopped short of saying it was always supposed to be this way in the announcement at least.
  • Amazed they did this before the skirmish event though as it's a lot more credible afterward since players have reaped the benefit already.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    afa0aqoe7md8.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    afa0aqoe7md8.png

I guess Yar is no longer fully functional.
    Now let's see how CS handles my ticket.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I'm kinda living for it. This is what y'all get for being super cheap like stacking multiple Yars.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I'm kinda living for it. This is what y'all get for being super cheap like stacking multiple Yars.

Let's nerf Kahless
    Let' nerf Killy, Locutus, Gary Seven, Guinan etc.

But I will be okay if they replace my Polywaters with Gary Seven.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    While I understand the backlash over the nerf, can't she still be decent in the arena?

With a Bounty, her 350% damage will be ready and waiting for when the cloak is done at the 11 second mark. Combine that with a high evasion crew & high accuracy crew, who also provide a speed boost and critical damage boost, and Yar can still be lethal.

If she isn't fully fused (ie: 1/5 Yar is only +5 attack) the fourth crew member could be a high attack, allowing you to also have a shield or hull repair boost, to go along with the speed and critical damage boosts.

Does anybody else provide 350% damage for 8 seconds, with a +9 attack? Killy is +10 with 400% damage for 6 seconds, but also comes with -3 evasion (higher damage %, bigger loss of evasion, 2 less seconds), for sake of comparison.
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Let's nerf Kahless

I don't foresee that happening. If they give out a free Ru'afo, this is going to be a mess. I don't know if they will offer much of a compensation for this, if one at all.

And don't be so dramatic with Kahless or Guinan or Locutus, gauntlet regularly alternates bonus traits which can help many other characters beat them. A Surak can take on a Locutus, my Admiral Riker is doing just fine against Kahless due to his 45% bonus, Guinan can be beaten by a Captain Bev with bonus. The arena however, has no alternating bonus traits, so while Yar could be beaten, she still mostly had a chokehold or would have, had her ability not been changed. I think her ability could have been done better in this change, but c'est la vie.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    While I understand the backlash over the nerf, can't she still be decent in the arena?

With a Bounty, her 350% damage will be ready and waiting for when the cloak is done at the 11 second mark. Combine that with a high evasion crew & high accuracy crew, who also provide a speed boost and critical damage boost, and Yar can still be lethal.

If she isn't fully fused (ie: 1/5 Yar is only +5 attack) the fourth crew member could be a high attack, allowing you to also have a shield or hull repair boost, to go along with the speed and critical damage boosts.

Does anybody else provide 350% damage for 8 seconds, with a +9 attack? Killy is +10 with 400% damage for 6 seconds, but also comes with -3 evasion (higher damage %, bigger loss of evasion, 2 less seconds), for sake of comparison.

Did not get her for arena. I have no problems winning in arena provided I do not mess up timing. I got her for skirmishes. My battles in arena averaged over 14 seconds with Yar, Yar. That is longer than my normal crew and ship.

I noticed with Cube Locutus, Mirror Spock, Yar and Yar.
    That the damage would destroy skirmish ships in about 3 to 4 seconds. I averaged more like 8 seconds in previous skirmish.

Problem I was going to have was using event crew for better rewards. That was a nerf on its own.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubled her a second time expressly for this coming event. So, that didn't work out too well.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubled her a second time expressly for this coming event. So, that didn't work out too well.

Sane here. I had stoped buying the DYC offer. But that was my second Yar for ship.

I feel I might be in the minority. I wasn't even planning on getting Yar. I definitely didn't get her with any ability in mind. I actually was trying to do pulls for Admiral Ross because I didn't want another 3/4 sitting in my crew slots. So I pulled a pack and got a Yar, thought okay let me pull again and got another. At that point, I just thought whatever I'll do the DYC and actually try for the top 1000 now instead of outing at threshold.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel I might be in the minority. I wasn't even planning on getting Yar. I definitely didn't get her with any ability in mind. I actually was trying to do pulls for Admiral Ross because I didn't want another 3/4 sitting in my crew slots. So I pulled a pack and got a Yar, thought okay let me pull again and got another. At that point, I just thought whatever I'll do the DYC and actually try for the top 1000 now instead of outing at threshold.

Good thing you stopped pulling for Ross. You might have had a dozen Polywaters😉

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Did not get her for arena. I have no problems winning in arena provided I do not mess up timing. I got her for skirmishes. My battles in arena averaged over 14 seconds with Yar, Yar. That is longer than my normal crew and ship.

That the damage would destroy skirmish ships in about 3 to 4 seconds. I averaged more like 8 seconds in previous skirmish.

Problem I was going to have was using event crew for better rewards. That was a nerf on its own.

Fair enough. I hadn't been thinking specifically about skirmishes.

At first glance I don't think speeding up a skirmish by 2-3 seconds per round is worth such a backlash, but I suppose over the course of a weekend that saved time would add up pretty quickly, even for players just looking to clear threshold.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Fair enough. I hadn't been thinking specifically about skirmishes.

At first glance I don't think speeding up a skirmish by 2-3 seconds per round is worth such a backlash, but I suppose over the course of a weekend that saved time would add up pretty quickly, even for players just looking to clear threshold.

To tell you the truth I may not have saved any time. I was going to be experimenting. I might have had to go with one Yar and Locutus. I also might have found I made a mistake going after her even with her original ability.

All I can say I put time money and effort in to get her. And I never got the fun of trying to make it work.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is called pay-to-win. Irritating if you don't spend the equivalent of a new car a year on the game, but frankly, the arena blows anyways, and no game, entertainment, or such transient object has that much value to me.

I'll let them have their e-peen, and I'll let my money go where I feel it has a greater return.

Yeah, whenever I encounter anything like this, my takeaway is that this game and its pixels clearly mean more to those players than it does to me. That said, I do sympathize with players who grinded it out all weekend for a top 1000 finish just so they could earn a 1/5, or the ones who talked themselves into splurging for an event pack that they ordinarily don't, all because the original ship ability was so tempting. I myself took a chance on three packs, only to end up with three Mirror Garaks I didn't need.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travis
    You really should be refunded for those three packs. You made an attempt to get Polywater. If they had given her the current ship abilities she has, would you have gone for those packs?
    If no, you are entitled to a refund. If yes, you were hoping to get her not based on the ship abilities I guess you could argue nothing changed then.
  • they could just limit one yar (crew) per ship?
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

Let's nerf Kahless

Killy is Pre-Nerfed. She has a penalty on Evasion.

I do agree that this feels like an over-nerf. 2s would have completely broken skirmishes; you can get upwards of a 20% time reduction in your skirmish runs based on that, and in my experience after a point skirmishes are capped by time and sanity.

But... this new ability set seems a bit much. I think if the 10s percentage was 400% I would be OK with it.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of overhead in skirmishes. But my Yar, Yar testing was done without a event specific crew. I do not think I would have gotten the result I was looking for in time reduction. I would take pity on anyone thinking three Yars and event bonus crew would be an easy 3 sec destruction. Without the accuracy. they would find themselves needing hull repair for damage taken in waiting for second go around with Yars. However the T'Ong combination might be able to do it in 6 seconds most of the time. Possibly the Cube, but 0 evasion should mean no evasion at all.