Home The Bridge

Should Weak Old Crew Be Updated?

2»

Comments

• I dunno
    I voted "dunno" because the poll didn't give "other" as an option. I think updating crew is a bad idea. It would turn into an endless cycle never pleasing anyone. Unfortunately power creep is a thing in all games.

400px-Dabotablelayout.jpg

Personally, I think they should redo the RIDICULOUS "waste of time Dabo wheel" to facilitate freezing of old crew. How about DB stop being so stingy, make the 1st row a possibility to hit, and stack that first row with old useless crew from 2016. That way people can spend a little DiL for extra rolls in order to free up roster space.

It was also mentioned upthread that perhaps older 5* crew can drop in Voyages. How about DB allows old 2016 5* crew to drop at the 10 hour mark and make Voyages great again.
  • No
    Having older crew be weaker just means you don't mind vaulting them, to make room for the new stronger stuff.
  • Yes
    Considering we are nerfing barely released new cards, old cards should definitely get some attention.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Having older crew be weaker just means you don't mind vaulting them, to make room for the new stronger stuff.

My counterpoint to that is that I do mind vaulting some of them because I like them and would like to use them, and instead their mediocre stats relegate them to the vault in favor of crew I may not care about at all because their stats are so significantly stronger. Once upon a time, the official line from DB was that we were meant to build crews of our favorite characters. Throwing in the unspoken caveat that doing so may compromise our ability to compete seriously compromises the spirit of that approach to playing the game.
  • I dunno
    Not sure for all but some crew are terribly lame.

The latest mama Troi is almost a joke, bad base stats, useless for the gauntlet and I'm sure she is not any useful for the arena too. Add to that some not really breathtaking traits and she is a new character that seems like an old outdated crew.