Home The Bridge

DB's 3 consecutive failures to value its customers and why I am not spending money until remedied

Comments

• DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭

[/quote] Thats why i didnt tell people to get over the polywater yar issue...clearly you didnt read my post, because i actually agree that, yes it couldve been handled better! [/quote]

Lol, I might of Misread your original post then, it was hard to make it out thru all the gigantic in your face gifs;) If so I apologize... That's why I was kinda shocked you'd say that about "yargate" since it only just happened.
  • edited August 2018
    Thats why i didnt tell people to get over the polywater yar issue...clearly you didnt read my post, because i actually agree that, yes it couldve been handled better! [/quote]

Lol, I might of Misread your original post then, it was hard to make it out thru all the gigantic in your face gifs;) If so I apologize... That's why I was kinda shocked you'd say that about "yargate" since it only just happened.
    [/quote]

Yeah...i may remove those, didnt think they were gonna be so big haha...also i edited that part put because i didnt say it in those words so i didnt want to lie, but i do agree that hey, that was handled terribly, and does indeed need to be fixed/compensated in some way! Oh wait, i did say that it could've been handled better, with all this rehashing i forgot what i said in my original comment xD
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this took a cordial turn. My underlying motivation is that a game like this that I s based on so much under the hood hidden mechanics requires trust in the credibility of the designer. The lack of transparency is really upsetting because it means that I have no idea what I can believe or not believe, whether that is win percentage, event mechanics or crew stats. I’m looking for an accounting and a restoration of my faith in the game and crew.

I may eventually get over it, but that probably means I’ll stop playing. My frustration and voicing of concerns is the hope that they will make things right, and I can get back to enjoying a game I’ve had a lot of fun with over the last year
  • Glad this took a cordial turn. My underlying motivation is that a game like this that I s based on so much under the hood hidden mechanics requires trust in the credibility of the designer. The lack of transparency is really upsetting because it means that I have no idea what I can believe or not believe, whether that is win percentage, event mechanics or crew stats. I’m looking for an accounting and a restoration of my faith in the game and crew.

I may eventually get over it, but that probably means I’ll stop playing. My frustration and voicing of concerns is the hope that they will make things right, and I can get back to enjoying a game I’ve had a lot of fun with over the last year

As am i, and again thank you for the work you and the community did do!
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The game design tends towards ones spending the most getting the least the longer one plays. It's shameful & backwards. I'm mostly only monthly dil now since reaching vip 14
    ~ seeking out new life
  • The only voice DB listens to is that of money
    If enough players stop spending money things change
    It worked before twice in the past year
    I hope enough people get involved
    DB Do-Better II
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ive grown tired of the gauntlet. I play everyday and the Caretaker evades me. I got on Guinan and two Borg Picards. People say that he drops on streaks of 3,6, etc so ranking high isnt the only path.

The game doesnt reward you and DB doesnt go out of their way to help the customer at all. The game is fun, but the cool offers and half priced dabo are too far inbetween.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Do not forget we have recourse for recent purchases through Apple and Google.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I particularly love how silent DB is on all these threads from people feeling like they're being shafted. Shan typically would have made some kind of comment by now
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is they are pretty silent during weekends. So I expect we have to give them a little time for thinking about their response.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why you say there’s confusion on how skirmish events are supposed to work. Seems very simple to me
  • I keep seeing people talk about getting their purchases refunded by Apple and Google but Google always tell me no..?
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why you say there’s confusion on how skirmish events are supposed to work. Seems very simple to me

Well, as an example, could you explain how to select bonus crew to give best chance of higher battle rewards (ie 300 chron or honor)?

I used to think matching both traits on each battle was the method (as is indicated in game). But in the event just ended Yelgrun appeared to count as denobulan and lit up both traits even when he shouldn’t. I’m just not sure that was fed into the RNG engine used to spit out my rewards.

Earning max VP is a given, I generally use the featured 4*.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

The only remaining confusion for me is that the first skirmishes were clear that event crew gave automatic max bonus and Ru-Afo IS event crew
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Well, as an example, could you explain how to select bonus crew to give best chance of higher battle rewards (ie 300 chron or honor)?

I used to think matching both traits on each battle was the method (as is indicated in game). But in the event just ended Yelgrun appeared to count as denobulan and lit up both traits even when he should. I’m just not sure that was fed into the RNG engine used to spit out my rewards.

I have been lost in this too.
    But I now believe the only effect on the 300 Chron. crew have, is just how much of a percentage multiplier.

If you have a event higher bonus with with trait that multiplier is 100%
    (Of course this event trait did not matter for three of the high bonus crew)

All other reduce the percentage multiplier.

The RNG determines if the Chron. you got is 300, 150 , and 76. This has nothing to do with the crew at all. I thought it was based on crew, but it seems I am wrong. And might of been wrong for the previous two skirmishes.

So RNG determines 300, 150, and 76. Crew determine a percentage of that. And that is what you will get.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I used to think matching both traits on each battle was the method (as is indicated in game). But in the event just ended Yelgrun appeared to count as denobulan and lit up both traits even when he should. I’m just not sure that was fed into the RNG engine used to spit out my rewards.

But I now believe the only effect on the 300 Chron. crew have, is just how much of a percentage multiplier.

The RNG determines if the Chron. you got is 300, 150 , and 76. This has nothing to do with the crew at all. I thought it was based on crew, but it seems I am wrong. And might of been wrong for the previous two skirmishes.

When I briefly thought Ru-Afo counted as he should have, I got a chron drop of 52 (which would have been the 76 when maxed) so crew definitely affected those drop rates
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

When I briefly thought Ru-Afo counted as he should have, I got a chron drop of 52 (which would have been the 76 when maxed) so crew definitely affected those drop rates

Ya I tested Ru'afo too. That is why either what I thought before was wrong or it has been changed for this skirmish. But I must have been wrong before, I am not sure now if I tested using all possible choices for crew.

See the comments below your initial post. Through experimentation, I think I understand how it is intended to work, however their Big Little Greater chance(TM) language is really confusing how about something like this

"Matching the trait for the battle increases the amount of ship hull repair (if chosen), the value of the rewards (if chosen) & the amount of VP the battle returns.

No Matching Traits = Base Rewards
    Matching Traits with non-event crew = +50% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew variants = +75% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew = +100% rewards

The bonuses are not cumulative, but instead, the highest value bonus of your equipped crew is applied"

Something like the above would help. That is a simple step, followed by sorting the crew list by largest to smallest bonus per battle, and indicating which of the 3 levels of bonus you get on the screen.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Looking at the Disruptor Beam Terms of service. It looks like we have the right to only go after the last 6 months of spending.
    Also that closes account I believe.
    I see nothing at all about rebalancing.
    I would have to have a lawyer look at it and to determine if it is binding.
    Again if the terms of service is not binding the 6 months is meaningless
    so again it brings up the possibility of getting all money back.

But if ibinding then 6 months ofspending could be possible.
    32v0obcqaojm.png
    ava0sv0p2v5e.png

Notice the bottom about Fraud
    They acknowledge exactly what i said. You cannot make fraud legal.

They are liable, it says negligence.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Bumping for my edits
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Amazon for purchases on a FireOS and they bend over themselves to give refunds... (their customer service is amazing)
    I never staff my ship by trait. I staff by the word BONUS underneath the character
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the info @eXo | Frank . Did not know specifics with Google. I think Apple may be more willing to let all purchases in the 90 month window if one explains the problem. The Polywater is either negligence or Fraud either way the result was bait and switch for that case you probably have a good chance of getting 90 days back.
    But as Frank said if your doing that, you should be quitting the game.

I am waiting because previous experience with DB has kept my faith. But maybe I have low bar.
  • Hmmm...can’t find any comments on this thread from DB..wonder why?......
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    I never staff my ship by trait. I staff by the word BONUS underneath the character

Except that Bonus could mean anything from a 50% to a 100% boost in rewards, again, not hard to figure out, just not clearly explained anywhere

Except that Bonus could mean anything from a 50% to a 100% boost in rewards, again, not hard to figure out, just not clearly explained anywhere

I get the Rufio thing but normally it’s as the announcement says, full bonus to event crew, smaller bonus to variants and traits

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever wonder if DB actually even knows the answer to this?

Ever wonder if DB actually even knows the answer to this?

Yes. See above
This discussion has been closed.