Home The Bridge

DB's 3 consecutive failures to value its customers and why I am not spending money until remedied

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I never staff my ship by trait. I staff by the word BONUS underneath the character

Except that Bonus could mean anything from a 50% to a 100% boost in rewards, again, not hard to figure out, just not clearly explained anywhere

Ever wonder if DB actually even knows the answer to this?

Yes. See above
    Ya but they intended to change it.
    You have to have the trait for bonus in future.
    I do not mind that change. But, they need to figure out something for the changing of one crew. But it is only one crew as mentioned earlier.

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I never staff my ship by trait. I staff by the word BONUS underneath the character

Except that Bonus could mean anything from a 50% to a 100% boost in rewards, again, not hard to figure out, just not clearly explained anywhere

Yes. See above
    I do not mind that change. But, they need to figure out something for the changing of one crew. But it is only one crew as mentioned earlier.

I did not know change was afoot. As far as I know, say for instance this lady event, Reverend Phlox gave full points, Mirror Phlox did not

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the Rufio thing but normally it’s as the announcement says, full bonus to event crew, smaller bonus to variants and traits

My point is it was vague or confusing enough that even the very intent, focused players in the forum were confused as hell as to how it worked. So while I agree its easy to understand once you understand, the proof is that most people had no idea how it worked based on the description.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Yes. See above

I did not know change was afoot. As far as I know, say for instance this lady event, Reverend Phlox gave full points, Mirror Phlox did not

Same for me. But I really did not care about this event. Even though I too was excited by Phlox. (Polywater thing)

I changed ships used different crew, and determined just as you said Yelgrun, Reverend Phlox, and First Goran'Agar gave the max. But @DealWithItJazzRiker
    Said this was a bug and not intended. I tried Diseased Founder and she did not give max as well as Ru'afo (let's nick him Ragu easier to say).

Only ship that was bad was Prakesh, all the rest I tried were fine. I ended up using NX-01 mainly because I did not need hull repair.
    I actually played both my accounts at the same time. Some times forgetting and seeing the battle was not over yet, and I still did not lose a skirmish.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I feel the conversation is getting confused regarding skirmish crew.

Bonus crew for VP is one thing.

Crew that win best chance of better rewards is another.

Both seemed to be broken in this event. First rufio, then with trying to light up both traits for best chance of high reward - Yelgrun is not Denobulan, yet equipping him made the denobulan trait light up (as well as dominion). Does the backend rng engine know that I hit both traits to give me +5% (or whatever the undisclosed number is) chance of top reward? or is this AND gate all over again?

Both seemed to be broken in this event. First rufio, then with both traits lighting up - Yelgrun is not Denobulan, yet equipping him made that trait light up. Does the backend rng engine know that I hit both traits to give me +5% of top reward? or is this AND gate all over again?

See Banjo, people are confused. Here were the examples I found in playtesting:

No match to any traits - 38 Chrons
    Match a trait with only non-event crew (mirror Picard)- 57 Chrons (+50%)
    Match a trait with event variant (Kilana) - 67 Chrons (+75%)
    Match a trait with event crew (yelgrun) - 76 Chrons (+100%)

I don't think people understand that this is how it works. I didn't until I tested it myself.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Both seemed to be broken in this event. First rufio, then with trying to light up both traits for best chance of high reward - Yelgrun is not Denobulan, yet equipping him made the denobulan trait light up (as well as dominion). Does the backend rng engine know that I hit both traits to give me +5% (or whatever the undisclosed number is) chance of top reward? or is this AND gate all over again?

Add one more hull repair. It is very confusing.
  • Some people are just idiots and have to argue for the sake of arguing.

All 3 points are valid. Your a dissatisfied customer and it's primarily due to DB being the worst developer at communicating Ive ever encountered. They are as clear as mud and treat thier mistakes like ours.

I don't seem them in it for the long haul. As soon as profits drop, they will jump ship. Seeing thier downward spiral, it's hard for me to invest.

I recently updated my.monthly card, a little disappointed in myself..

Both seemed to be broken in this event. First rufio, then with both traits lighting up - Yelgrun is not Denobulan, yet equipping him made that trait light up. Does the backend rng engine know that I hit both traits to give me +5% of top reward? or is this AND gate all over again?

I don't think people understand that this is how it works. I didn't until I tested it myself.

Much confusion.
    The only chron rewards I’ve ever won in any skirmish battle are: 76, 150 or 300.

Much confusion.
    The only chron rewards I’ve ever won in any skirmish battle are: 76, 150 or 300.

Then you’ve always had event crew. GTMET gets if. Pretty sinple

edited August 2018

Yes I’ve always used some form of event crew, be it featured or variant.

Featured crew always gave full VP. In addition to that, matching both traits with featured crew also provides a better chance of a higher reward (eg 150 or 300 instead of 76), along with hull and the max VP. It says right there in game.

Matching both traits has always been an advantage in addition to using event crew.

6shkayrdw0pm.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I’ve always used some form of event crew, be it featured or variant.

Featured crew always gave full VP. In addition to that, matching both traits with featured crew also provides a better chance of a higher reward (eg 150 or 300 instead of 76), along with hull and the max VP. It says right there in game.

Matching both traits has always been an advantage in addition to using eve5iuf2z43842e.png
    nt crew.

You might be right about better chance of 150 or 300.
    I think this will need data gathering to determine if it does.
    You might be right about better chance of 150 or 300.
    I think this will need data gathering to determine if it does.

Or maybe I’m wrong and 76 is the inflated/including full bonus basic chron reward taking into account event crew and traits actually mean nothing. But if that’s the case then the wording on the event screen is confusing at best, more lies and deception at worst.

I give up for a few days. Goodnight everyone have a great Tuesday/Wednesday.
    Have a good night. That’s too much for me to worry about. With staffing my ship I set it and forget it. There’s no way I’m going to change crew after every battle
    I don’t think you have to match both traits, I thought just one was the requirement to trigger the higher reward
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think you have to match both traits, I thought just one was the requirement to trigger the higher reward

Most certainly you are right. They are trying to give us more choices of crew.
  • I feel the conversation is getting confused regarding skirmish crew.

I think this is the accurate version, and actually the whole of it. And the same percentages apply to VP.

And that the "better chance of a higher reward" thing was just a red herring/poor phrasing/bad internal communication at DB/the-original-plan-but-too-much-work-to-code-for. Take your pick.
  • edited August 2018
    Why cant they just throw out a few begolds as a peace offering and make the majority of us happy. Everything in this game is so peicemeal, so regulated. Its impossible to get anywhere without spending a ton of money. Why cant we have a day twice a year where everyone gets whatever is in their Dabo for free? Will people still spend in the dabo the other 363 days? Yes! Will people still buy packs, yes!!!!!

We should bring back the ingame voting system on what crew we’ll see next. Why not at the end of a skirmish vote on the next ship?

This is a business where the customer is almost demanding to hand you their money.

You won’t get 100% of the players happy, but enough to get excited and move on from the current issues

Yes this is awesome
    (I want those begolds and Dabos 😜)
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    seconded.

i'm in the exact same boat over Yargate
    Shuttlegate yeah would be nice to have the compensation but at least there is small consolation on the improvements they have made.
    Traitgate well i'm at a loss of what to say it's a right pickle. They need to test then release speciffic notes on changes to the mechanics of the event. They've clearly reacted to issues such as bots and now fudged it. Trouble is fudge smudges.

It's PolyWaterGate! Get it right! :D
  • 8rnms9h3q0y3.png
    lqkscz9m9qnz.png
    Make that DB’s 4 consecutive failures.....
    Same offer, different 5* Crew, why different price?

Captain Level 99

8rnms9h3q0y3.png
    lqkscz9m9qnz.png

She’s newer crew. That’s my guess

8rnms9h3q0y3.png
    lqkscz9m9qnz.png

DB screwed up again. That's my guess
    Really amazing job by DB. For the $9.99 offer as a mea culpa for nerfing yar, I think offering Killy is something I would buy as a good means of addressing the issue.

Instead they charge $25 trying to gouge the people that they already screwed over.....sigh
  • Really amazing job by DB. For the $9.99 offer as a mea culpa for nerfing yar, I think offering Killy is something I would buy as a good means of addressing the issue.

Instead they charge $25 trying to gouge the people that they already screwed over.....sigh

And scrooge everyone on only $9.99 worth of vip
    ~ seeking out new life
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    8rnms9h3q0y3.png
    lqkscz9m9qnz.png

So now newer crew give less vip. Another stealth nerf i was unaware of?

I didn’t mean for that, I meant for the higher price. The reason for the VIP is beyond me. If it were a mistake I would they it would’ve been corrected by now

• Their lack of response to this matter is pissing me off.
    Hopefully there will be something when Shan is back....

Captain Level 99

• DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why you say there’s confusion on how skirmish events are supposed to work. Seems very simple to me

See the comments below your initial post. Through experimentation, I think I understand how it is intended to work, however their Big Little Greater chance(TM) language is really confusing how about something like this

"Matching the trait for the battle increases the amount of ship hull repair (if chosen), the value of the rewards (if chosen) & the amount of VP the battle returns.

No Matching Traits = Base Rewards
    Matching Traits with non-event crew = +50% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew variants = +75% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew = +100% rewards

The bonuses are not cumulative, but instead, the highest value bonus of your equipped crew is applied"

Something like the above would help. That is a simple step, followed by sorting the crew list by largest to smallest bonus per battle, and indicating which of the 3 levels of bonus you get on the screen.

That is a great and detailed explanation, thank you for that.

I been pretty dense, I had no idea traits actually affected the individual battle rewards and the ship repair, I really thought it only applied to the vp bonus. So thank you for that.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I don’t understand why you say there’s confusion on how skirmish events are supposed to work. Seems very simple to me

See the comments below your initial post. Through experimentation, I think I understand how it is intended to work, however their Big Little Greater chance(TM) language is really confusing how about something like this

"Matching the trait for the battle increases the amount of ship hull repair (if chosen), the value of the rewards (if chosen) & the amount of VP the battle returns.

No Matching Traits = Base Rewards
    Matching Traits with non-event crew = +50% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew variants = +75% rewards
    Matching Traits with event crew = +100% rewards

The bonuses are not cumulative, but instead, the highest value bonus of your equipped crew is applied"

Something like the above would help. That is a simple step, followed by sorting the crew list by largest to smallest bonus per battle, and indicating which of the 3 levels of bonus you get on the screen.

That is a great and detailed explanation, thank you for that.

I been pretty dense, I had no idea traits actually affected the individual battle rewards and the ship repair, I really thought it only applied to the vp bonus. So thank you for that.

This was the first time traits mattered for skirmish.
    But DB made an error and Yelgrun, Reverend Phlox, and First Goran'Agar did not need trait to get highest reward and VP.
    DB is going to correct that so it will matter to match trait next Skirmish.
    But most people think it is not worth the effort to change crew. So they will just stick with same crew and take the lower rewards and VP.
This discussion has been closed.