Home Fleet Central
Options

(Starport) Currently Taking Reservations

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I started an alt a few weeks back (Zylo Zand) and a few minutes ago that account had a truly stupifying voyage dilemma!

wan6dsxt3xuh.jpg
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't leave us in suspense, man. What did you pick!?!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can confirm is treachery was assumed based on Maquis Torres' suggestion that we arrest the Maquis so we opted to forgo arresting the stowaway.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero days since our last injury.

otf73k61rkhn.jpg

Apparently, despite the fact that "Injured" is in her name, this did not qualify as a preexisting condition.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

It has been three days and "Injured" Torres is still injured. I am simply at a loss to explain this, I have dozens of alleged "doctors" on my vast crew and none of them seem to have the first clue in treating a simple knee injury!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my alt (Zylo Zand, if you see me in game, say hello!) has been working on leveling the Kal-if-fee Spock from the campaign this month, and as a result has a much greater appreciation for why the Vulcans chose to include the word "Infinite" twice when naming the IDIC, as one requires roughly two infinite supplies of IDICs to level up a Vulcan!
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    So my alt (Zylo Zand, if you see me in game, say hello!) has been working on leveling the Kal-if-fee Spock from the campaign this month, and as a result has a much greater appreciation for why the Vulcans chose to include the word "Infinite" twice when naming the IDIC, as one requires roughly two infinite supplies of IDICs to level up a Vulcan!

This is also ironic, since the equipment requirements are anything but "Diverse!"
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

This is also ironic, since the equipment requirements are anything but "Diverse!"

I am pleased you picked up what I was putting down :)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to hit a couple of big milestones this week.

l8ob1azwafxd.jpg
    uocl49ih76l3.jpg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    One down, one to go. You all knew I going to make Janeway #600!

bpwna1059pz3.jpg

eichvn9yeoh2.jpg

600 unique immortals!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here is the other one.

dadn91h1z8xo.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats Bylo
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    So by sheer accident I stumbled onto a rethink on how to staff voyages. I've been running tests for several days and finetuning the formula to try and get it nailed down. I've been sharing my results with members of Starport.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a couple minor tweaks to my new voyage staffing formula, and I am pleased to report that version 3.0 has yet to fail to reach 10 hours, even during a Faction event AND with the Freighter ship trait!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    After sharing my new voyage staffing system within my own fleet, I have refined it a tad more and shared it with a small group of friends outside my fleet. I am very pleased to report that it has been, quite literally, "all good"! The results have exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 slots open. Newcomers welcome.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    To anybody feeling the squeeze of the new fleet daily requirements and are looking for a new home, we still have some spaces available, but we are filling up. I am holding a few spots open for a few friends so they have a guaranteed landing spot, but after that we still have about 10 spots left. Reach out to me in game, on Discord, or PM me here on the forums if you'd like to transfer over to our fleet.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I started an alt a few weeks back (Zylo Zand) and a few minutes ago that account had a truly stupifying voyage dilemma!

wan6dsxt3xuh.jpg

I have found that arresting the maquis sometimes gives you a rare that the other options do not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

wan6dsxt3xuh.jpg

I have found that arresting the maquis sometimes gives you a rare that the other options do not.

I just found it really humorous that the Maquis member of the crew is advocating for the two harsh options involving a fellow Maquis, and the Trill with a VERY lethal firearm is advocating for the kind option :)
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe yeah. Dilemmas are funny like that due to the crew. The constellations are another source of humor. Got one for a spy traitor character but the polestar that dropped from it said the person was Federation so the spy is hiding the deception well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a pleasure playing with you Anirtak. Thank you sincerely for working so hard to build up the team in fleet chat, your contributions enriched us all.

#Salute
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I changed the name of this thread to reflect the number of open spaces we have left.

As you can see, we are on the rise! We are nearly full up and coming on, we have a thriving community, and we are still looking for a few folks to "top us off". We are very lowkey so if you are just looking for a fleet to hide in to stop people like me from inviting you to a fleet, consider joining Starport!

-EDIT-
    We are now full, booya!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    OK, so...

...we've come a LONG way since March. We're full up and our core is strong, and we have a really good community going in Starport.

In the coming few days we will have a few spots opening up that I can definitely fill but if anybody wants in, send me a PM and I'll make sure we do our best to get you in.

-EDIT-
    Our Chief Engineer @JimBerlin has also been HARD at work creating several Crew Retrieval tools exclusively for use by members of our fleet, and they are so good he has convinced me to take Crew Retrieval seriously, so you know they are good!
  • Options
    To elaborate, I have two. One is focused on using the celestial market to your advantage. I have a tool that will tell you what the cheapest retrieval for a crew is based on market prices.
    czrq5onmdtz3.png
    ab7ox6qguzru.png
    2c2bmvpmexay.png
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    It also has a tab with legendary crew that can be retrieved using only commonly available polestars, known as the Cheapskate's List...
    rwnsslcs266z.png

• Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    The first tool is "complete" and will be released to the community at large eventually.

The other is much more in the works and focuses on giving you a report of where your roster is currently and how that compares with what is possible overall. Some different things are given along the way that I find I want constantly. This is all done through a scripted import of your crew.csv from either Datacore or STTEVE. It is very slow, lol, but it works. These aren't meant to tell you what to do, but cut out some of the legwork and present your roster in a way where you can make judgements and plans more quickly.

A roster grade matrix to tell me what places to look when trying to improve voyages through retrieval or event participation.
    9w9ao7bwf381.png

A detailed breakdown of a roster's top crew by skill pairs.
    sanv8x97puku.png

A matrix of top missing crew by skill pairs that are in the portal
    40jjmpiw8uci.png

An overall top 10 list of crew by voyage score that can be retrieved.
    a9pcgc03mgl7.png

A top 10 list of crew retrievals for citation.
    ncc6anxor9fk.png

A potential airlock fodder list.
    tmb99t2ypat1.png

Top collection pieces to FF/FE
    2keiy6077q1u.png

Top collection pieces to retrieve
    lsbzuui4csfc.png

My favorite little tidbit is that it auto-calculates your collection status and applies bonuses for you.
    5damzb36ag4b.png

Stat boosting collections get weighted for due to their impact on your roster's overall scores. This tool is very much WIP and I'm super open to feedback and changing things up. I'm currently working on trying to make this leaner because it's quite clunky do to all of the writes during the scripting process. This is open to Starport members to use on their own, or I'm running the tool for them upon request.

The two things left to add are stats on your current absolute current scores (currently runs on max scores, so it's a "max potential" of your current roster) and metrics on what I'm call "Minutes Over Replacement" or MOR for short. Using that, I will be able to estimate the effect adding a specific crew would have on your voyages. So, some personalized ranking will be in order instead of just top 10 based on overall scores.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will have a couple of spots opening up in the next 24 hours. Please PM me either here or in game if you are interested.

We've got a really dedicated group of quality officers available to help out newer players, we've got a fun discord channel, we've got our own fleet-created resources (thank you @JimBerlin !) available to all Startport members, and we also have some detailed learning materials. I am also working (still conceptualizing) on setting up a Starport Academy to help bring new players up to speed quickly, so if you are new to the game and want to hit the ground running, Starport is a great opportunity for you, we are very new player friendly!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we broke away from our original fleet three years ago and started our own fleet everyone said we were crazy. They said we'd fail. They said we'd never survive.

They were wrong.

It was very tough going for a very long time. We hovered around 12 players for two years and very slowly made progress on our starbase. New players would come in, they'd get trained up and made a part of the community, and almost without exception once they learned how to play they would leave for a bigger fleet.

Those losses were demoralizing, but we endured. Slowly but surely we grew. People joined up, learned the game, and they started staying! Sure, we still have turn over, but eventually we filled up to a max 50/50, and as of yesterday our starbase is all the way up to a mindboggling 123! We are no longer the Little Fleet That Could...

...we are the Fleet The Did! Starport is an STT success story, despite all odds we overcame, we survived, we did it!

I am very proud of what we have accomplished as a fleet. Not only have we grown organically but the community we built from the ground up is very supportive, active, and thriving. We have our own tools for virtually everything (thank you Jim and Hippo!), we have our own guides, we have a bunch of really active officers who go out of their way to help out, we are a GREAT fleet to be a part of. Everyone who has ever been in Starport, even those of you who joined for a few days long ago and then left, have contributed to our success, and we thank you.

We occasionally have openings, if you want to join up and become a part of our community, we would love to have you, especially if you are new to the game and want a home to learn the ropes, have a great time chatting with our people, and utilizing our resources, knowledge, and experience to help get you going. Send me a PM here, on discord, or send me an email (byloband@yahoo.com) and introduce yourself if you want in. Currently we have no openings, but as spots open up we would be glad to welcome you in.

To everyone in Starport, thank you sincerely for contributing to our fleet, it took all of us to get where we are, take pride in that :smile:

-Bylo
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a while, overdue for an update...

If you are looking for a fleet that has all the immensities (active Discord full of both tools/guides AND fun!), maxed starbase, helpful officers, and ZERO pressure in events, Starport is for you! We love to teach new folks.

If this sounds good, send me a PM and we'll try our best to find you a spot with us! We are currently full but new spots do open up semi-regularly.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Lots of fun being had with solving these nodes and figuring out good setups for people to run and improve their scores. One open spot, if anyone wants to jump in on the Fleet Boss Battle farming and other shenanigans.

Edit: since some people have been very vocal about not wanting to be in fleets for socializing, just going to point out that it's not a requirement. Maybe half are on the fleet Discord and maybe half of those like to BS. Not a requirement at all.