Home The Bridge

Dr. Leonard McCoy & Ensign Picard - Reward Path

Starting this thread to discuss Voyage Reward Path to obtain new 4*'s - Dr. Leonard McCoy & Ensign Picard.
My money is on Blow by Blow followed by Friends in Need and Retrofit followed by The Tools at Hand.

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    EDIT: Is this the Ensign Picard from Tapestry?

Hope it's this pose:
    latest?cb=20050918033137&path-prefix=en
  • The real question is though, is this Patrick Stewart Ensign Picard, or whoever the actor was at the beginning of the episode Ensign Picard, where Q was showing Picard when he got stabbed.
    [SSR] Sorin08
    sorinev wrote: »
    The real question is though, is this Patrick Stewart Ensign Picard, or whoever the actor was at the beginning of the episode Ensign Picard, where Q was showing Picard when he got stabbed.

True, that would be this one:
    latest?cb=20140805224501&path-prefix=en
  • NoneNone ✭✭✭
    SanMeh wrote: »
    Starting this thread to discuss Voyage Reward Path to obtain new 4*'s - Dr. Leonard McCoy & Ensign Picard.
    My money is on Blow by Blow followed by Friends in Need and Retrofit followed by The Tools at Hand.

There’s also the one with the servant. Could be that one too.

My hope they are new ones. Seeing the same ones over and over is starting to get repetitive.
  • I suddenly have a very strong hunch it's Patrick Steward as Ensign Picard.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • sorinev wrote: »
    The real question is though, is this Patrick Stewart Ensign Picard, or whoever the actor was at the beginning of the episode Ensign Picard, where Q was showing Picard when he got stabbed.

unknown.png
    <TGE> The Gluten Empire
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Oh good, I was worried we were going to go a whole week without a new Picard.

Well, it could be a month before you actually get him, so...

As for your larger (sarcastic) point - c'mon, he's about to resume playing the character on TV. Gotta show him some new love. And never (always?) fear, we will soon be inundated with new Disco crew too.

As for your larger (sarcastic) point - c'mon, he's about to resume playing the character on TV. Gotta show him some new love. And never (always?) fear, we will soon be inundated with new Disco crew too.

Actually I personally can't wait for a Picard from his new series, but yea, a little absence would definitely make the heart grow fonder.

Meanwhile, I'm chomping at the bit for a new Discovery Captain Pike (Anson Mount version). Looks awesome!
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would loooove some new Disco crew. Only one Stamets and one Lorca? Get outta here, DB.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I personally can't wait for a Picard from his new series, but yea, a little absence would definitely make the heart grow fonder.

Meanwhile, I'm chomping at the bit for a new Discovery Captain Pike (Anson Mount version). Looks awesome!

And don't forget Number One, as portrayed by Rebecca Romijn!
  • RennJaxo wrote: »
    I would loooove some new Disco crew. Only one Stamets and one Lorca? Get outta here, DB.

I really, really want bloodied up Mirror Lorca. I have much dilithium saved up for that Lorca.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

I really, really want bloodied up Mirror Lorca. I have much dilithium saved up for that Lorca.

I'm honestly shocked he hasn't been added as a four-star yet.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The reward path for the other six existing crew can be found in this thread. I will update it with the information for these two crew once we know the path that way all eight crew will be consolidated into one guide

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2946/best-voyage-options/p1
  • I still have that bookmarked from before! I will be referring to it again!
  • RennJaxo wrote: »

I'm honestly shocked he hasn't been added as a four-star yet.

Ideally he'd be a 5*, but I'm sure they could come up with a different Lorca that could be a 4*. Maybe "tactical" Lorca from his combat training thing with Tyler?
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was that? Keyla Detmer?
    What a good idea!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an idea for a new Lorca :D

I'm wondering if there will be new dilemmas to get the new crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Has anyone had either Picard or McCoy drop on a Voyage yet?
  • Has anyone had either Picard or McCoy drop on a Voyage yet?

Not that I’ve seen.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    As far as I can recall, with the help of the wiki, here are existing multi-part voyage dilemmas that up until now have not lead to any special crew. By my count, there are 6 different locked multi-part paths that could lead to the new voyage-exclusive crew:

1. Blow by Blow / Friends in Need --> the unlockable B-C path is the only one with a 4* reward option, but C-B is also a locked path
    [EDIT: the A-B path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per Fortuna]

2. Class Act / Burden of Proof --> the C-B path is the only locked path
    [EDIT: the B-C path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per KayJay47]

3. Cracks in the Wall / First Author --> the unlockable A-C path is the only one with a 4* reward option

4. Retrofit / The Tools at Hand --> the 2 unlockable paths (A-B / B-C) both lead to a 4* reward option
    [EDIT: the A-B path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per Ivanstone]
    [EDIT: the B-C path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per eXo | Frank]

Of course, the new crew could be discovered via other variations on the paths within these 4 multi-part dilemmas.

1. 6 unique paths (1 ruled out)
    2. 5 unique paths (1 ruled out)
    3. 7 unique paths
    4. 4 unique paths (2 ruled out - both locked paths)

Has anybody tried any of these combinations since the update went live?

EDIT - I will keep editing this original post to keep it updated, and will requote it every few pages
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    4. Retrofit / The Tools at Hand --> the 2 unlockable paths (A-B / B-C) both lead to a 4* reward option

Has anybody tried any of these combinations since the update went live?

I've done this one. Chose A and B respectively. Got a 3* Crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the new crew will not be available until the Tuesday following this event. I think that's in the update communication.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I'm pretty sure the new crew will not be available until the Tuesday following this event. I think that's in the update communication.

I read through the announcements again - didn't see anything specifically addressing if the new Picard and McCoy would "go live" on 11 Sept.

@Shan - if possible, could you please confirm if these new crew are live for voyage drops now, to will it be on 11 September with the forced upgrade? Thanks for your help!
  • Since they are already in the vault I’m guessing they are already live. I had another thought. It could be that they are the same path as one of the other exclusive crew but only if you choose a different option
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, there might be new dilemma's that we haven't seen. Or they could be entirely random. Or bugged. But that never happens...
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Since they are already in the vault I’m guessing they are already live. I had another thought. It could be that they are the same path as one of the other exclusive crew but only if you choose a different option

Retrofit/The Tools at Hand would be a good combo, since it doesn't already have a specific 4* assigned yet. I suspect there may be new additional dilemmas too. Can't wait to find out.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I’m really hoping there aren’t new dilemmas. It already takes 72 hours to do all existing dilemmas.