Home The Bridge

Dr. Leonard McCoy & Ensign Picard - Reward Path

13»

Comments

• That's a bit of a slap in the face to double them up like that. Have never seen the third on either Fierce Guinan OR Colonel Worf.

Same. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've seen part 2 of either of the 3 part chains, and I run 8hr voyages regularly since these were added.

Now that they've added additional cards to the same 3 parters...meh.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    That's a bit of a slap in the face to double them up like that. Have never seen the third on either Fierce Guinan OR Colonel Worf.

Same. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've seen part 2 of either of the 3 part chains, and I run 8hr voyages regularly since these were added.

Now that they've added additional cards to the same 3 parters...meh.

Let's not forget how absolutely worthless those cards are. Especially McCoy, he is basically a 3-skiller.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget how absolutely worthless those cards are. Especially McCoy, he is basically a 3-skiller.

Worf has Inspiring but is otherwise unremarkable. Picard is pretty decent I think. Almost getting to the point where if Picard's an event crew, every shuttle seat could be filled with him. There's also a decent cross section of skills too.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Whoa...who ever thought it was a good idea to do that? Actually pare them all down to 2 parters even if you have to add more dilemmas...it is ludacris yo add them to a different part of a 3 parter....
  • Ugh...
  • I can confirm Champion of the People Part 3 Choice A. I got this at the 6 hour mark, which is incredible.

I've seen some jam in my time, but that takes the whole jar.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I can confirm Champion of the People Part 3 Choice A. I got this at the 6 hour mark, which is incredible.

Awesome, congrats.

I got Colonel Worf that way a while back, but have not once gotten the 3rd dilemma for any of the 3 part crew since. Doesn't give me much hope of being able to get these new ones let alone four copies of each (plus three copies each of Worf & Guinan). I regularly run 8h voyages with the occasional 10, but am not going to pay to extend them further in general.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Assuming that each dilemma has an equal chance to drop (I don't think there is, because I have never gotten a dilemma that can reward a 4* at 2 hrs, and it is rare at 4 hrs), and there are 24 dilemmas you can get at the 2 hr mark (so not including any part 2/3), the chances of pulling Picard at the 6 hr dilemma are 1-in-13824. If you ran 6-hr voyages per day (not unreasonable), it would take an average of 19 years to get Picard (or Fierce Guinan or Colonel Worf or Dr McCoy).
    I think its a little better than that.
    There are 19 Common Dilemmas. Assume you get Champ1.
    At 4 hours there are 21 Dilemmas. 18 Commons, Champ 2, Talons and Winter. Other Uncommon Dilemma's are 2 parters that I'm assuming won't trigger (ex First Author).
    At 6 hours there are 26 Dilemmas. Add the 5 Super Rare Dilemmas (excludes Higher3).

So 1in10374. Being able to run 2x 8hr Voyages per Day greatly improves your odds since there's a lot more variation in how Dilemmas appear.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

Worf has Inspiring but is otherwise unremarkable. Picard is pretty decent I think. Almost getting to the point where if Picard's an event crew, every shuttle seat could be filled with him. There's also a decent cross section of skills too.

Ensign Picard is in fact pretty decent for a four star....
    2glkr3dhc844.jpg

Number 3 among Super Rares with command skill
    pw71lrf878ua.jpg

Dr. Leonard McCoy's 2 skills however make him a fairly weak card....
    o9h7lc4jgqu7.jpg

Number 6 among Super Rares with medical skill
    uudlu2d428y0.jpg

Unless you really "must have them all", I personally don't think it's worth spending a lot of dil chasing either of these cards.

I had Colonel Worf drop within an 8 hour Voyage so I'll just roll the RNG dice with these two and see what happens.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    xyc3ieu7dw3c.png
    I can confirm Champion of the People Part 3 Choice A. I got this at the 6 hour mark, which is incredible.

Assuming that each dilemma has an equal chance to drop (I don't think there is, because I have never gotten a dilemma that can reward a 4* at 2 hrs, and it is rare at 4 hrs), and there are 24 dilemmas you can get at the 2 hr mark (so not including any part 2/3), the chances of pulling Picard at the 6 hr dilemma are 1-in-13824. If you ran 6-hr voyages per day (not unreasonable), it would take an average of 19 years to get Picard (or Fierce Guinan or Colonel Worf or Dr McCoy).

Sooooo...wow

So what are the odds of getting one of the new crew in 8 and 10 hour voyages?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. I've never seen part 3 on either of these. :-( Going to be painful to get them.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ensign Picard manages to have some pretty damn good CMD abilities despite being an ensign at the time
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I think its a little better than that.
    There are 19 Common Dilemmas. Assume you get Champ1.
    At 4 hours there are 21 Dilemmas. 18 Commons, Champ 2, Talons and Winter. Other Uncommon Dilemma's are 2 parters that I'm assuming won't trigger (ex First Author).
    At 6 hours there are 26 Dilemmas. Add the 5 Super Rare Dilemmas (excludes Higher3).

So 1in10374. Being able to run 2x 8hr Voyages per Day greatly improves your odds since there's a lot more variation in how Dilemmas appear.

You're right. I made the assumption that each dilemma is possible at 2hr (not including part 2/3) and I miscounted the possible dilemmas somehow. Still, 10k is better than 13k, but not by a huge margin. It would still take 14 years of 6hr voyages at 2 voyages per day.

As for 8hr voyages, it depends on when you get each part and if the non-Champ has a second part (I assume that you can't get the same dilemma twice in an 8hr voyage, so getting, say, Winter's Price, which has no second part, removes it from the pool of possible dilemmas, increasing your chances of getting Champ on the next one).

I ran the numbers and got a 1-in-1717 chance in an 8hr voyage, including getting part 3 at the 6hr mark (or 0.058%, for those of us who like percents more). Your chances decrease by 50% if you get a non-Champ dilemma with a second part at the 2hr mark as compared to getting Part 3 at the 6hr or 8hr mark (6hr Part 3 is the same chance as getting an 8hr Part 3 with a single-part dilemma at the 6hr mark, with a slighly lower chance if you get a multi-part dilemma at the 6hr mark). If you run an 8hr voyage twice a day, thats down to about 2.5 years on average instead of 14 years.

Again, this assumes that a single-part dilemma exits the pool after getting it, for an 8hr voyage.

I might need some more time to figure out 10hr voyages. Lots of possible combos to add up, like getting a single-part and a multi-part vs. 2 parts of a multi-part vs. 2 single-parts. And this is assuming Ivanstone doesn't find another mistake in my numbers/assumptions. Probability was always my weakest of the maths.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean - I'm not saying the part 3's of both of those are statistically weighted to be rare and a lower percent chance of appearing - but I got them both as my last two dilemmas. As did other people basically.
  • fcwsipibr7zz.png
    Yateball wrote: »
    Ensign Picard manages to have some pretty damn good CMD abilities despite being an ensign at the time

But this version has all the experience and actions of the future Captain Picard, since Q put his mind into his younger self
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Booya!
    7j9fld269e98.jpg
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    So, there are 24 dilemmas possible, not 26. Assuming what Ivanstone said about certains ones being available only at 4 hours or 6 hours is correct (it seems right), we come to

1-in-7,752 chance to get it in a 6-hour voyage - 0.0129%

1-in-2,194 chance in an 8-hour voyage (includes getting it in 6 hours and still going on to the 8-hour mark) - 0.0456%

1-in-964 chance in a 10-hour voyage (same as above, but with both 6- and 8-hour successes) - 0.104%

Assumptions:
    2 dilemmas are only available at or after 4 hours
    5 dilemmas are only available at or after 6 hours
    Any single-part dilemma (like The Greater Need) is removed from the pool after it appears. So if it shows up at the 6 hr dilemma, then instead of 24 possible choices for the 8 hr mark, there are only 23, increasing your chances slightly. Multi-part ones (like Off the Books or Retrofit) are replaced by their 2nd (or 3rd) part, and the number of choices remains the same.