Home The Bridge

Dr. Leonard McCoy & Ensign Picard - Reward Path

Comments

• They are in the vault, which suggests that they have been added to the pool.

I did a 16 hour run yesterday and no luck. But that was probably because I didn't get a second path in any of my dilemmas.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    1. Blow by Blow / Friends in Need --> the unlockable B-C path is the only one with a 4* reward option, but C-B is also a locked path
    Has anybody tried any of these combinations since the update went live?
    I got yesterday both Dilemma went with option A ( Blow by Blow) and option B (Friends in Needs), got Cube Schematics
    Huhu
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Class Act, Option B ("Defend..."), followed by Burden of Proof, Option C ("Share...") just gave me ship schematics for D'Kora Krayton. :/
  • Bummer, I was four stars away from having all Purples FFE. Now I have to hunt again. ;-)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    As far as I can recall, with the help of the wiki, here are existing multi-part voyage dilemmas that up until now have not lead to any special crew. By my count, there are 6 different locked multi-part paths that could lead to the new voyage-exclusive crew:

1. Blow by Blow / Friends in Need --> the unlockable B-C path is the only one with a 4* reward option, but C-B is also a locked path
    [EDIT: the A-B path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per Fortuna]

2. Class Act / Burden of Proof --> the C-B path is the only locked path
    [EDIT: the B-C path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per KayJay47]

3. Cracks in the Wall / First Author --> the unlockable A-C path is the only one with a 4* reward option

4. Retrofit / The Tools at Hand --> the 2 unlockable paths (A-B / B-C) both lead to a 4* reward option
    [EDIT: the A-B path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per Ivanstone]
    [EDIT: the B-C path does not appear to lead to a new 4* crew, per eXo | Frank]

Of course, the new crew could be discovered via other variations on the paths within these 4 multi-part dilemmas.

1. 6 unique paths (1 ruled out)
    2. 5 unique paths (1 ruled out)
    3. 7 unique paths
    4. 4 unique paths (2 ruled out - both of the locked paths)

Has anybody tried any of these combinations since the update went live?

I'll continue updating this as people provide feedback on all the various unique paths in these multi-part dilemmas. Of course, this does not account for RNG, as some people experienced with The Clown.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I posted in the wrong thread earlier-
    I blew up the space station - 5* rep rations
    Tools at hand option C - Ship Schems
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I hate to be that guy - but -
    @Shan
    Hey! Happy Friday!
    Any chance we could get a quick clarification - are the dilemma payoffs that feature JLP and McCoy live now and today, or do they go live after the forced 6.0 upgrade on 9/11?
    Just want to make sure I need to keep burning DIL.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I hate to be that guy - but -
    @Shan
    Hey! Happy Friday!
    Any chance we could get a quick clarification - are the dilemma payoffs that feature JLP and McCoy live now and today, or do they go live after the forced 6.0 upgrade on 9/11?
    Just want to make sure I need to keep burning DIL.

That change went live on Wednesday.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then chug along I shall. Thanks for the update!!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opinion: They should have done lieutenant junior grade Picard instead of ensign Picard.... Would have liked blue shirt Picard more
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Opinion: They should have done lieutenant junior grade Picard instead of ensign Picard.... Would have liked blue shirt Picard more

then just wait til next week's triumphant return of expedition events: A Pack of Pakleds and Picards!
  • {FH} Bones McCoy{FH} Bones McCoy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    uh5nujo91bub.jpg
    Not mine. I snipped the image from a facebook group.
    A Higher Duty, Part 3
    A Higher Duty, Part 3
    And choose B

(As posted by the OP on fb)
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Based on a screenshot on discord it looks like McCoy comes from a higher duty part 3, probably choice B. We could see the dilemma language for sure but the resulting choice was obscured by mcccoy in the screenshot
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Based on a screenshot on discord it looks like McCoy comes from a higher duty part 3, probably choice B. We could see the dilemma language for sure but the resulting choice was obscured by mcccoy in the screenshot.

I really hope that's not the case. Stringing together even parts 1&2 is a pain in the **tsk tsk**. Nevermind 3.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    edited September 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Based on a screenshot on discord it looks like McCoy comes from a higher duty part 3, probably choice B. We could see the dilemma language for sure but the resulting choice was obscured by mcccoy in the screenshot.

I really hope that's not the case. Stringing together even parts 1&2 is a pain in the **tsk tsk**. Nevermind 3.

You can make out part of the dilemma text at the very top of the screenshot

hmhe0ry52o2i.jpeg

edited September 2018
    7rl3szuncys8.jpeg

Confirmation of choice b.
  • That's weird, because the Higher Duty, Part 3A text is:
    {crewname} engaged the former governor's ship and disabled its weapons, though he was badly burned in the fight. Starfleet doctors are doing what they can for him, and once he is stabilized, he will be serving a lifetime sentence. The doctors sent us a hidden communication device they found while searching him.

I don't see "we talked" or "lifelong" in that, so DB must have updated the text for part 3?

I mean, the alternative to that is that the person picked option B, which would take a lot of stones to pick, given that B is an unknown result according to the wiki.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now confirmed by Evil Nemy Dax, who is the big winner on McCoy, that Higher Duty Part 3, Choice B - which no one ever pressed or even bothered to fill out on the Wiki, is now McCoy.

You can assume JLP will be on the Col Worf path, in the same boat (choice A vs B).

Mystery solved!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well. With regular 10 hour (extended) and more voyages, I've never had the third part to either of those. Now I need the third part twice each. Never happen.
    That's pretty disappointing. Unless I get a tonne of extension tokens or lottery winnings, I can't see myself taking an extended Voyage again.
  • Congrats and thanks to Evil Nemy Dax for helping us track this down. :D
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well. With regular 10 hour (extended) and more voyages, I've never had the third part to either of those. Now I need the third part twice each. Never happen.

And if you want them FF without wasting honor, you need that third part eight times total instead of twice. And then do it again for Colonel Worf and Picard. For crew that go directly to the freezer.

I think I am going to stop trying so hard to nab Worf or Guinan (or McCoy or Picard) and just try to FF Jannar and the Clown.

Don't forget Lucien! :)
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

And if you want them FF without wasting honor, you need that third part eight times total instead of twice. And then do it again for Colonel Worf and Picard. For crew that go directly to the freezer.

I think I am going to stop trying so hard to nab Worf or Guinan (or McCoy or Picard) and just try to FF Jannar and the Clown.

Don't forget Lucien! :)

I had previously FF’d both Lucien and Thot Gor from the $25 citation deals.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm well it will be tough to get him then. I run almost nothing but 8+ voyages and have never gotten to a Higher Duty pt 3 even when doing my 20 hr voyage.
    Let’s fly!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm well it will be tough to get him then. I run almost nothing but 8+ voyages and have never gotten to a Higher Duty pt 3 even when doing my 20 hr voyage.

Yeah same, never gotten it either. I do have Guinan from the cheevo, so only need to get the entire path seven times to FF the two crew. :s
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That's a bit of a slap in the face to double them up like that. Have never seen the third on either Fierce Guinan OR Colonel Worf.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bit of a slap in the face to double them up like that. Have never seen the third on either Fierce Guinan OR Colonel Worf.

Nor me. And I've done multiple 16 hour, one 20 hour, and a 26 hour.
  • I have got Colonel Worf from a relatively short voyage, but not Guinan. I got her from achievements. If it's going to take me a year to get one, how many years is it going to take to get the next 15 copies of the crew?

So if this information is correct, we'll probably still need 216,000 honor to FF the four difficult Voyage Specific crew (over 4 years) and probably the same amount of time chasing down the easier to acquire Voyage Specific crew while we do it.

And in 12 months we'll probably get another 2 or 4 cards added to the game, just to make things more 'fun'!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    And in 12 months we'll probably get another 2 or 4 cards added to the game, just to make things more 'fun'!

Yeah but those dilemma paths only have two choices. Not that a creative thinker can't get around those shenanigans.