Home The Bridge

New Gauntlet Legendary soon?

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Uxbridge is a phenomenal idea
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    And after these amazing rolls my reward was....

Wait for it...

Blue trainers.

Well, we all need trainers. ;)

fjtkitat9d9n.jpg

Haha, is that the max amount possible?
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I hope its someone I don't want because it's so unlikely to get them

This is my feeling... never got a Gauntlet gold, my first will be achievement Locutus
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for it...

Blue trainers.

fjtkitat9d9n.jpg

32767 is the maximum value for a 16 bit (2 byte) signed number (or a "short"). Items that go into inventory (equipment, components, citations) have the same cap.
    edited September 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Wait for it...

Blue trainers.

fjtkitat9d9n.jpg

32767 is the maximum value for a 16 bit (2 byte) signed number (or a "short"). Items that go into inventory (equipment, components, citations) have the same cap.

So if someone manages to hit that cap on citations can we expect to see a plaque dedicated to them at DB’s IPO.

At 500 honor apiece, it would cost 16,383,500 honor to purchase 32767 Uncommon Honorable Citations.

Edit:
    This translates to 29789 5*s Airlocked

Edit 2:
    At a 10% drop rate, it would take 297,890 portal pulls (on average) to generate that many 5*s, which would cost 193,628,500 Dilithium
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premium portal averages ~ 900 honor between the 3*, 4*, and 5*. So it would only be 18,203 portals. Meaning 11,832,528 DIL. Sounds like a bargain! :-)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad

Agree! :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's think through what's needed in gauntlet. Here's what most folks have, starting with the previous gauntlet grand prizes:
    • Locutus -- SCI/DIP/SEC
    • Guinan -- DIP/MED/SEC
    • Caretaker -- ENG/SCI/MED
    Also available to everyone in the honor hall:
    • Kahless -- CMD/SEC/DIP
    • Cpt. Bev -- MED/CMD/DIP
    And a couple of the mega event recurring crew have been great in gauntlet, too:
    • Mirror Picard - CMD/SEC/SCI
    • Surak - SCI/DIP/CMD
    So, what's missing? A security monster is the missing piece - one that pairs with skills other than command. Ideally, SEC/ENG/MED, but the main thing is a very high security score. Are there any "super"-crew out there that would fit that bill?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Let's think through what's needed in gauntlet. Here's what most folks have, starting with the previous gauntlet grand prizes:
    • Locutus -- SCI/DIP/SEC
    • Guinan -- DIP/MED/SEC
    • Kahless -- CMD/SEC/DIP
    • Surak - SCI/DIP/CMD
    So, what's missing? A security monster is the missing piece - one that pairs with skills other than command. Ideally, SEC/ENG/MED, but the main thing is a very high security score. Are there any "super"-crew out there that would fit that bill?

I spent all my DIL chasing Gary Seven...to no avail :(

Gangster Spock continues his reign on my team.
  • Let's think through what's needed in gauntlet. Here's what most folks have, starting with the previous gauntlet grand prizes:
    • Locutus -- SCI/DIP/SEC
    • Guinan -- DIP/MED/SEC
    • Kahless -- CMD/SEC/DIP
    • Surak - SCI/DIP/CMD

Prisoner Worf from the Jem Hadar prison episode? One of the single best displays of determined combat in any ST. He was certainly not in command of anything during that episode, and needed medical attention at least lol. It might be hard to invent a reason to make him 3 skill though. I guess he was diplomatic in his respect for Garak overcoming his fears...
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    SEC/ENG/MED is a strange combination of skills, and not a very common one you'd expect to see. there's only 3 characters in the game with that combo
    • Temporal prisoner chakotay
    • Dr La Forge
    • Changeling Bashir
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    Please, let it not be another Gauntlet beast. RNG is a cruel mistress to some
  • Flint would be an excellent choice for the next gauntlet beast. He could be high in SCI ENG DIP and MED.
  • Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

it'll almost certainly never happen, but you could argue these two...er, this would be a SEC/ENG + MED...

tmphd2745.jpg
  • Gauntlet desperately needs a revamp. Some type of gauntlet token system to make rewards more fair based on rounds played and placement.

I just now got caretaker and have over 20K achievement and finish top 3 almost every match.

DB also needs to be smart in who they pick as reward and who is 100K offer. The reward should not be a gamechanger like caretaker with 800 engineering base. Crusher should have been reward (and caretaker for 100k) as thier are tons of medical counters, but without caretaker, you are going to suffer in eng gauntlets.

All retired rewards should go to honor hall for 100K to keep level playing field for new players.
  • All retired rewards should go to honor hall for 100K to keep level playing field for new players.

I 100% agree with this. I have played Gauntlet since its inception and I haven't managed to snag a single one, so I welcome any chance to acquire them now.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the whales from ST:IV
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Mr. Homn should be next.

And be prepared to get your pitchforks out if he doesn't have his signature sound bite :)
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • How about the latest "first" in the Star Trek Universe?

"That is so f***ing cool" Tilly?
  • Let's do this by way of Skills.

Locutus is DIP/SEC/SCI
    Guinan is DIP/MED/SEC
    Caretaker is ENG/SCI/MED

Next one should be CMD/SEC/SCI, SEC/DIP/ENG...

This would be a good time to introduce Commander Shelby, maybe? (CMD/SEC/DIP?)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    qcp4kxt3w1yv.jpg

Nomad
    SEC/ENG/SCI

Needs a bunch of red shirts to equip.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prophet Kira for security beast. It was always some sort of higher being!