Home The Bridge

Further Dissing of Enterprise

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
On the start up screen, every series is represented by a 5 Star crew member except of course Enterprise which is represented by a 2 Star

Comments

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    On the start up screen, every series is represented by a 5 Star crew member except of course Enterprise which is represented by a 2 Star

I didn't spot that but how bizarre!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    I think appraising Malcolm Reed as "2 star" is being extremely generous.

Ah, wait, you mean the card rarity in Timelines. Gotcha!

Nippy. Kind. Langur.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »

He had such a way with the ladies and excelled at hand to hand combat.

...or not. Major WhateverHisNameWas should have fired him out an airlock when he had the chance.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »

He had such a way with the ladies and excelled at hand to hand combat.

...or not. Major WhateverHisNameWas should have fired him out an airlock when he had the chance.

Seconded.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

...and not the best 2*. (Although I don't really dislike Reed, there are several better cards.)
  • Reed grew on me a lot.
    They didn't give him a lot and I think he made the most of it.

A lot of what he did was subtle..
    He was generally a reserved Brit who live to blow &-_$+ up.

He's not Picard..
    But I sometimes think, his would Picard have acted as a Tactical / Security guy and I think Reed about sums it up..
    Though we may have had a bit of an easier time learning about pineapple if it were Picard. Lol
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    If Enterprise didn't want to be dissed it should've been better.

I'm still happy I have Defensive Phlox. Only thing better would be Naked Phlox.

Craggy Toenails Phlox would also be a nice addition.
  • Reed grew on me a lot.
    They didn't give him a lot and I think he made the most of it.

A lot of what he did was subtle..
    He was generally a reserved Brit who live to blow &-_$+ up.

He's not Picard..
    But I sometimes think, his would Picard have acted as a Tactical / Security guy and I think Reed about sums it up..
    Though we may have had a bit of an easier time learning about pineapple if it were Picard. Lol

“Reserved”. Except when he was whinging and generally acting like a spoiled teenager because he felt threatened by a MACO... that’s when my indifference to him evolved into active dislike.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

Foursome Phlox. You have to combine Phlox and his three wives to make one character. DB can just make the other two up.
  • edited September 2018

Foursome Phlox. You have to combine Phlox and his three wives to make one character. DB can just make the other two up.

*raises hand wildly* i know who, i know who db will use for this idea...Janeway and Burnham!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Its Sextat Phlox. He has two husbands too.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    To me, Reed always seemed like a young Mr Sheffield from the Nanny.
  • I get what they were going for filling that spot on the title card, an action shot that was looking to the right, and if you didn’t know the rarity, it works visually. But, off the top of my head, it seems like Mirror T’Pol could have fit that just as easily, and I’m sure there are more 5* Enterprise crew that would have worked.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always Rescuer Tucker but that's just a 3* upgrade, i think mirror T'pol is a bit awkward, but might have fitted on the LHS instead
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a long road, bringing back a trek series. It's been a long time, because Enterprise was so bad. 12 years we had to wait for a new Trek series after Enterprise forked up. Seriously, Enterprise is just lucky they are allowed to still be called "Star Trek." If not for Jeffrey Combs the whole series would be a bust.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us really like Enterprise. Some don't. The same can be said for all others and particularly for Discovery.

To the original point (which was NOT let's all hate on a good show) the opening screen seems to have been very deliberately chosen to reflect each series and the movies and to be careful with diversity of species and gender. No one can do it perfectly, of course, but the attention to detail apparent on the opening screen does make you wonder why all the choices *except* Enterprise are 5 star crew in the game. Add to that the many many other small things that seem to dismiss, disregard, and disrespect Enterprise, and a reasonable conclusion is that the game developers hate Enterprise and are consciously or unconsciously showing that hatred through their actions.

Well said David. Yes, I get it. Some people don’t care for Enterprise and I get it that I have made known I loved it. That wasn’t the point of the thread. The point was what David said. If Jazz Riker were reading this went off topic to closing the thread territory

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I am sure it would break the game, wouldn’t it be neat if the opening screen featured, say, your own bridge crew? That way, nobody who has lasted longer than a couple of months would have to see crew they don’t like for some reason.
    I love Enterprise. Trip, T'Pol and Malcolm keep me watching the show when Archer made me want to spew. And, as Brits, my wife and I really like Malcolm.

Malcolm was a bad **tsk tsk**$ who took care of business. I want him mounting my rescue. Plus, he always ate what was put in front of him.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Enterprise. Trip, T'Pol and Malcolm keep me watching the show when Archer made me want to spew. And, as Brits, my wife and I really like Malcolm.

Malcolm was a bad **tsk tsk**$ who took care of business. I want him mounting my rescue. Plus, he always ate what was put in front of him.

You mean like when he got into a fist fight with Major Hayes because he felt threatened by him? Or when he helped Section 31 to kidnap Phlox? If you are going to celebrate an Enterprise crewmember celebrate the best one, PORTHOS!
    uwbc2we6925e.jpg
    Let’s fly!

You mean like when he got into a fist fight with Major Hayes because he felt threatened by him? Or when he helped Section 31 to kidnap Phlox? If you are going to celebrate an Enterprise crewmember celebrate the best one, PORTHOS!
    uwbc2we6925e.jpg

Yes. He kicked Hayes’ butt. He felt it was necessary and he did. That’s s guy I want in my corner. And there was greater things going on when Phlox was kidnapped. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and the needs were a great many in that situation.

• There's always Rescuer Tucker but that's just a 3* upgrade, i think mirror T'pol is a bit awkward, but might have fitted on the LHS instead

Sorry to post right after myself but I didn’t see this at first.

North Star Tucker would have fit perfectly, as would EV Suit Archer and possibly even Ushaan Archer of Shran.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

uwbc2we6925e.jpg

Yes. He kicked Hayes’ butt. He felt it was necessary and he did. That’s s guy I want in my corner. And there was greater things going on when Phlox was kidnapped. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and the needs were a great many in that situation.

I agree with you, but you have to admit, he should have just immediately come out and told everything to Archer BEFORE they ended up in the mess they were in. That was a huge breach of trust, plus the Enterprise crew was often so much more capable than Section 31 at that time as well as the rest of Starfleet.

Well Archer did have a lot on his mind at the time to be bothered with that but your point is good. Especially considering how he was a very protocol by the book kinda guy. And the Enterprise was very capable but they didn’t have the code to shut the grid down. Plus Harris did say they couldn’t take the chance that Phlox may refuse
  • The only good thing that can be said about Enterprise is that it is no longer the worst Star Trek that exists.