Home The Bridge

Further Dissing of Enterprise

13»

Comments

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got that right! Is someone trying to justify their job by making new crew?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got that right! Is someone trying to justify their job by making new crew?

Closing mass threads doesn’t go as far as it used to

• Elynduil wrote: »
    Reed grew on me a lot.
    They didn't give him a lot and I think he made the most of it.

A lot of what he did was subtle..
    He was generally a reserved Brit who live to blow &-_$+ up.

He's not Picard..
    But I sometimes think, his would Picard have acted as a Tactical / Security guy and I think Reed about sums it up..
    Though we may have had a bit of an easier time learning about pineapple if it were Picard. Lol

“Reserved”. Except when he was whinging and generally acting like a spoiled teenager because he felt threatened by a MACO... that’s when my indifference to him evolved into active dislike.

Okay, let's have a group of people get hired at where you work, and they all seem equally or more capable of doing your job. Wouldn't you feel your job threatened?

I just thought he was a man of great pride because of his lineage and bringing the MACO on board was a slap in the face.

It usually means you're about to be replaced with a cheaper version. He had every right to stand his ground and prove his worth.

How does acting completely unprofessionally prove one's worth? Quite the opposite, I'd say...
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Here you go, Banjo — how the splash screen might look with a few Legendary versions of ENT crew... B)

0dsmzycfalcg.jpg

3ph1ify6lwxr.jpg

h742xpbeboc9.jpg

They're all facing the wrong way. Based on the composition, it should be someone who is facing at least 45° to his/her left (our right). Suliban Reed's body position is closest, even though he is looking forward - but he's just too low. EV Archer could work if you flipped to his mirror image. I think EV Tucker would look just perfect in that spot, though... but he's not quite a Gold.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Here you go, Banjo — how the splash screen might look with a few Legendary versions of ENT crew... B)

<images snipped>

They're all facing the wrong way. Based on the composition, it should be someone who is facing at least 45° to his/her left (our right).

Yes, that's the problem — and, I think, that's the reason why that version of Reed was chosen. There are no Legendary Enterprise crew variants who work in that spot. Now, it could be argued, I suppose, that a different arrangement with a crew from DS9, VOY or TOS could flip-flop and go to the other side (if you found a good one who faced in the other direction), leaving one of the above ENT choices to go on the other side. But I didn't feel that ambitious, and unlike Banjo (formerly known as "Enterprise Was Best" :p), I don't share the same concern about not having someone with as high a rank in that image. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • edited September 2018
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    How about this mixture of rarity among the crew as well as representing each series.
    01s4hiq6u1fa.jpeg

I was gonna ask you to do all Mirrors but there isn't a Mirror Burnham... Yet

Yeah it's surprising that Mirror Burnham hasn't been added to the game yet.
    hcq78gwnb5u0.jpg

Sounds like everyone wants Mirror Burnham pretty badly. I'll let the designers know.

Hi Jazz Meister, while you're at it could you pass on these to the design team to start chipping away at, save them straining to come up with more non-canon crew. Spank you🖖🏼

Uh...gonna go out on a limb and guess you meant thank you?
  • I think Archer looks the best in the above mock-ups.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

<images snipped>

They're all facing the wrong way. Based on the composition, it should be someone who is facing at least 45° to his/her left (our right).

Yes, that's the problem — and, I think, that's the reason why that version of Reed was chosen. There are no Legendary Enterprise crew variants who work in that spot. Now, it could be argued, I suppose, that a different arrangement with a crew from DS9, VOY or TOS could flip-flop and go to the other side (if you found a good one who faced in the other direction), leaving one of the above ENT choices to go on the other side. But I didn't feel that ambitious, and unlike Banjo (formerly known as "Enterprise Was Best" :p), I don't share the same concern about not having someone with as high a rank in that image. ;)

Mirror T’Pol

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    <images snipped>
    There are no Legendary Enterprise crew variants who work in that spot.
    Mirror T’Pol

Eh, sort of, but not quite — her head is facing the proper direction, but her body faces the other way. Not sure it'd work there.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    <images snipped>
    There are no Legendary Enterprise crew variants who work in that spot.
    Mirror T’Pol

Eh, sort of, but not quite — her head is facing the proper direction, but her body faces the other way. Not sure it'd work there.

Well they could have looked at that beforehand and not had the Enterprise character on the far right if no one worked

• S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I thought the Xindi story arc was brilliant. After that, Enterprise died a quick death for me.

Many people hate on Discovery, and I can see why. It doesn’t feel much like the Star Trek I know and love, in a similar way to the recent JJ Abram films... but we should be patient with Discovery. They have to try to be instantaneously popular, and yet try to relate to the old school Trek fans. The first series felt alright after I had acclimated to the different tone. The finale was anticlimactic, but I will reserve judgement on it, as I will the new event rewards changes in our beloved game.
    [S14] Bri wrote: »
    I thought the Xindi story arc was brilliant. After that, Enterprise died a quick death for me.

Many people hate on Discovery, and I can see why. It doesn’t feel much like the Star Trek I know and love, in a similar way to the recent JJ Abram films... but we should be patient with Discovery. They have to try to be instantaneously popular, and yet try to relate to the old school Trek fans. The first series felt alright after I had acclimated to the different tone. The finale was anticlimactic, but I will reserve judgement on it, as I will the new event rewards changes in our beloved game.

And what does that have to do with this topic?

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness... It's taken me this long to realize that Data is actively bullying Malcolm by setting fire to the back of his head!

YAY DATA! o:)
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    My goodness... It's taken me this long to realize that Data is actively bullying Malcolm by setting fire to the back of his head!

YAY DATA! o:)

Ha! Like burning ants on the sidewalk

• Looking for nits.

Seriously, the composition with North Star Tucker cranks. Even if you can't handle the fact that he's looking at the camera I have to say the fact that Honey Dax is actually facing away from everything messes with my brain far more. Using Reed in that position is, as far as I'm concerned, one of DB's little jokes. And they do rather have a lot of little jokes, which is fine, humour is a sign of great intelligence. If it's used properly, it's genius. In this way, it's like punching down a bit methinks. Not so good.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    How about this mixture of rarity among the crew as well as representing each series.
    01s4hiq6u1fa.jpeg

hcq78gwnb5u0.jpg

Sounds like everyone wants Mirror Burnham pretty badly. I'll let the designers know.

Hi @JazzRiker
    while you're at it could you pass on these to the design team to start chipping away at, save them straining to come up with more non-canon crew. Spank you 🖖🏼

Wow soooooo many crew possibilities. Some of these are a DEFINITELY!!! And some are for sure hard passes.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • JazzRiker wrote: »
    01s4hiq6u1fa.jpeg

hcq78gwnb5u0.jpg

Noooooooo, not another Burnham.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Tried watching ENT again....sigh.... :s
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.