Home The Bridge

What are your thoughts regarding the recent addition non-canon content?

2»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not indifferent, more apathetic. Canon/Non canon, whatever, just wow me now and again.
  • I won't be satisfied until we get "Pig Island" Archer.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • There's a thread on the old forum from way back, after the non-disclosure agreement was lifted for beta players that listed some of the crew who were in the game at that time. Among them was Captain Ezri Dax (from the "Destiny" novel trilogy written by David Mack). Non-canon characters were part of this game that far back.

Anyway, as I've said before when other variations of this thread popped up on the old forum, I dig having Timelines original content. Most other license holders at some point or another introduced something non-canon, whether it was Decipher's Borg counterparts cards (Bareil, Dukat, Gowron, Tomalak), or Playmates' Starfleet Academy versions of the TNG crew, or Pocket Books' New Frontier novels. Crew in this game like Aviator Yar or Mirror K'Ehleyr are Timelines originals, but they're not materially any different.

Those kinds of things being unique to their respective product lines always felt kinda neat to me. Even if, as in the case of New Frontier, those kinds of things turned up in other license holder's products (New Frontier made its way into Wildstorm's comics and Playmates made a Captain Calhoun figure). They're the little surprises that helped give their respective product lines a distinguishable identity. I got a kick out of Gowron of Borg, for instance. I don't have any interest in seeing him as anything other than that CCG card.