Home The Bridge

Can we Please have a week with no event???!!!?!?

I think I speak for many players who would very much enjoy a weekend off with no sending shuttles, no tap, tap, tapping and saving chronos and no ship battling. I heard that back in the day (before I played timelines) there wasn’t an event every week(end) just a free weekend to level up crew, relax etc. So would at least one week with no event be so bad?

Thx 😊
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• I feel they shouldn't be as long, mak'em shorter, not starting on a Thursday but maybe Friday eve and ending on Sunday night. Most people have lives(family, kids to help with school projects, other hobbies, even work) we all have to find some balance. not grinding away on a screen for hours on end to worry about "placing".
  • WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Events make DB money. Do you think they are going to give up an oppty to make money?
    And no soup for you!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No we can not.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP, some weekends off would be nice. Sure, I can skip events if I want to. But that leaves me feeling like I’m missing out.

It’s all revenue related for DB I’m sure. They don’t won’t to let off the gas for a second. Even though I’m fairly sure that in polls before players have suggested every weekend isn’t what they want and can be very tiring and relentless.

How long before every event is a megaevent? Is it still mega if it’s more than 50% of the time?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to get a week off, but I can see why they don't. Ultimately DB makes money by selling over priced event packs. No events, no money, no game. Simple economics.

I'f they insist on this model, I would like to see something 'new' rather than the same tap tap tap monotony. Its far to easy to get jaded and leave imho.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Every week is a week without event if you decide to not participate.
    You don´t loose or miss anything.

I´d prefer to have more rerun events. This would be good for new players, also for players which don´t have all the old characters (maybe only not FFed) and all others could have a weekend off or gets some honor.

• Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    re-runs ooh ooh ooh!
    re-runs ooh ooh ooh!
    re-runs ooh ooh ooh!

Personally I'd like a few events here and there with no new crew, then I could complete the 50 or 60
    5 stars that are sitting at between 1 and 4 stars currently without waiting months to build up enough honour to cite them and then realise that I have another 50 who are sitting at 1 to 4 stars
  • I had most of last weekend off. I don't know. I'd like a series of shorter events myself. One day events with no legendaries, or two one dayers during the week and a two dayer over the weekend.

I can imagine how people would freak out though. Some people don't handle change well. Remember how the place nearly burned down when we stopped getting 10 shuttles per faction?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekly events are DBs lifeblood of the game, so as nice as it would sound, I don't think it will ever happen.

You will have to adapt, choose the ones you want to partake in and the ones you don't, the ones you will only go for threshold and the ones you go for rank.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Why not run 2 identical 2 day events where people can only enter one event. Same number of pack sales. Perhaps more.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »
    My Vote is for NO EVENT AT CHRISTMAS!

I have no life and still Christmas was a super drag trying to do the event and the holiday commitments, It must be horrible for people who have children and responsibilities. Really and truly, DB can just wait until January to try to get our gift cards. CHRISTMAS IS JUST TO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people like playing over the holiday because they have time off work and such. I spent the time with my family instead and loved it.

If you are so locked into the game that you can't put it down for a weekend because something as silly as an event (which happens every week) is going on, then maybe you should seek help. Those are some serious signs of addiction.
  • Etienne wrote: »

I have no life and still Christmas was a super drag trying to do the event and the holiday commitments, It must be horrible for people who have children and responsibilities. Really and truly, DB can just wait until January to try to get our gift cards. CHRISTMAS IS JUST TO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people like playing over the holiday because they have time off work and such. I spent the time with my family instead and loved it.

If you are so locked into the game that you can't put it down for a weekend because something as silly as an event (which happens every week) is going on, then maybe you should seek help. Those are some serious signs of addiction.

I don't feel your post contributes much to this discussion and frankily, I think you are just trying to bate be into an argument...what people call trolling. So.... Have a nice day!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people look forward to every event. Even if I only plan to score minimal rewards in an event I'm still playing the event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Sonny, back my day, the question was "Can we please have a week WITH an event".
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I don't feel your post contributes much to this discussion and frankily, I think you are just trying to bate be into an argument...what people call trolling. So.... Have a nice day!

Disagreeing with someone isn't trolling. Gambling and gaming addiction are real things and this is a 100% serious post.

If someone feels a compulsion to play this (or any) game to their personal detriment, then I hope they seek help.

Peachtree's comment(s) intimates the same thing as much as my own post does - entering an event is a choice not a compulsion - of course a very tantalising choice with newer exciting/powerful crew but it is still the player's choice, additionally if they have found themselves pressurised by an obsessive "hard core" fleet - then they should look for a more relaxed fleet and there are plenty of those out there. The stt wiki fleet page would be a good starting place to look.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I get not wanting to miss out, but once you are a few months (or I suppose a few hundred dollars) into the game you can hit the thresholds with minimal effort and get the super rare for the week (maybe 2 hours, faction is a little trickier, but I am usually done by Friday night) I find my self doing this fairly often when I do not care about the legendary. It would be nice to do more repeats, but events drive the game for DB. I am afraid not having an event just is not realistic.