Home The Bridge

Mirror T'Pol offer 10$ or $25?

13»

Comments

• Yep, for £10 I would’ve happily gone for this offer...not for £23.99...

Definitely to much, but worth remembering that buys are cheaper through Facebook - the £23.99 is more like £19.50 on Facebook
  • Ive had her FE’d for a long time, she’s almost worthless except once in a blue moon a science gauntlet comes along where she might have use.

$25 for one copy is ridiculous as an offer. I know double your crew is the same price but offers are supposed to be a value
  • My wife AND myself likely would have bought at $10, nether of us at this price.

Oh, really. Are you not the guy who some months back wished for a rerun of this event at at time where your wife was not around? Cause she did not like the art and you wanted to play with T´Pol alone ;) But no, that must surely be my bad bad memory B)

Oh that's pretty close..
    It was I Wanted to play -For- her alone..
    Play for, not play with.
    The art would have to be way better for that lol.

As for the wife,
    You know what changed ?

Last universal offer of 10x10 for $10,
    T'Pol came up in BeGold for wife.
    It was something like.. 1 skill Scotty, immortalized Borg Queen and Mirror T'Pol.

The Art started to look a little bit better to her lol..

And I know my wife, once she has a card she isn't gonna just space a 5 star.

I would.
    If I merit pulled mirror Data I would flush his pale asguard right out the first airlock.

Not my wife.
    Once it's in her hand, it's hers.
    And she hates honor citationing 2nd stars.
    3rd 4th and 5th are fun but 2nd star **tsk tsk**.
    So she totally woulda bought this for 10 bucks.

But not at this price.
    And neither will I.
    Regardless of what I wanted to do before :P lol
  • And that's one heck of a memory you got there friend..

I believe I only mentioned that once, months upon months ago responding to why I wanted that event rerun..
    It's.. fascinating that you would remember such detail from so long ago..
    (Raised eyebrow)

:)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have thought most things on here was "noted for future reference"
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one stopped to think she's $25 because she's an event character this week, that's, most likely, only available via the event packs?

I inferred those other packs, like Killy, were $25 because they're not in the time portal.

It's no skin off DB's back if you buy the packs or not. Nod himself said Elephant Martok was one of the highest selling packs to date, at the time, even though the community hated him. There's always gonna be people who buy an offer, cause they have more dollars than sense.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always gonna be people who buy an offer, cause they have more dollars than sense.

Amen.
  • I agree with this, she is mostly likely pack only which means the $25 offer was your best bet to get her this go around.
    However, she is in the portal and quite frankly, I wouldn't take her unless my other two choices were immortalized.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife AND myself likely would have bought at $10, nether of us at this price.

Oh, really. Are you not the guy who some months back wished for a rerun of this event at at time where your wife was not around? Cause she did not like the art and you wanted to play with T´Pol alone ;) But no, that must surely be my bad bad memory B)

Oh that's pretty close..
    It was I Wanted to play -For- her alone..
    Play for, not play with.
    The art would have to be way better for that lol.

As for the wife,
    You know what changed ?

Last universal offer of 10x10 for $10,
    T'Pol came up in BeGold for wife.
    It was something like.. 1 skill Scotty, immortalized Borg Queen and Mirror T'Pol.

The Art started to look a little bit better to her lol..

And I know my wife, once she has a card she isn't gonna just space a 5 star.

I would.
    If I merit pulled mirror Data I would flush his pale asguard right out the first airlock.

Not my wife.
    Once it's in her hand, it's hers.
    And she hates honor citationing 2nd stars.
    3rd 4th and 5th are fun but 2nd star **tsk tsk**.
    So she totally woulda bought this for 10 bucks.

But not at this price.
    And neither will I.
    Regardless of what I wanted to do before :P lol

Did anybody else read this and try to figure out what song it was written to parody?
  • Check out this week's reward list for threshold
  • Lol none deliberately this time, but if you can match it to tune let me know :D
  • I’ve seen a few people mention the idea of her being a threshold reward. I really can’t see that happening. If they hadn’t done this $25 offer then potentially, yes. But the outrage they would get from the people who purchased this offer when all they had to do was wait to get a copy of her would be enough to stop them from offering her as a threshold

Never underestimate DB's ability to set themselves up for complaints..
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen a few people mention the idea of her being a threshold reward. I really can’t see that happening. If they hadn’t done this $25 offer then potentially, yes. But the outrage they would get from the people who purchased this offer when all they had to do was wait to get a copy of her would be enough to stop them from offering her as a threshold

Ha ha yeah. I wonder how many actually bought the offer are now going to submit a ticket for a refund.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I would actually have been more inclined to buy the T'Pol offer if I had known I could get another star during the event. I already have her at 1/5, but the 2nd star doesn't add much, so I didn't want to pay for it, but the third star is a good stat boost. That said, $25 is still a bit overpriced.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen a few people mention the idea of her being a threshold reward. I really can’t see that happening. If they hadn’t done this $25 offer then potentially, yes. But the outrage they would get from the people who purchased this offer when all they had to do was wait to get a copy of her would be enough to stop them from offering her as a threshold

I am not sure that I get this, the fact that people were talking about the possibility of her being added as a threshold character is because it has happened in the past for repeat events which have a new legendary character.

If I had the money (or rather if I could justify the money) I would have taken advantage of this offer, as with the two DYC offers that you could claim a player could end up with a guaranteed four star legendary.

A four star legendary is much more useful than a 1 or 2 star.

The only people who would have reason to complain here would be players who were totally unaware that she might be a threshold character and who had taken this advantage to complete her. I would expect that this would be a pretty small subset of the player base.
  • I’ve seen a few people mention the idea of her being a threshold reward. I really can’t see that happening. If they hadn’t done this $25 offer then potentially, yes. But the outrage they would get from the people who purchased this offer when all they had to do was wait to get a copy of her would be enough to stop them from offering her as a threshold

I know. I just saw that. Getting out my popcorn to watch the show.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope folks don't complain. DB didn't make any promises when they put her up for sale that she wouldn't be available otherwise, and there was precedent for the repeated legendary crew to appear as a threshold reward (like Dancing Uhura). Anyone who bought her also gets to use her at the start of the event, not just after they earn the first 100k victory points. There are so many ways that this is not like the Mirror Picard fiasco. Folks should not complain.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

I hope folks don't complain. DB didn't make any promises when they put her up for sale that she wouldn't be available otherwise, and there was precedent for the repeated legendary crew to appear as a threshold reward (like Dancing Uhura). Anyone who bought her also gets to use her at the start of the event, not just after they earn the first 100k victory points. There are so many ways that this is not like the Mirror Picard fiasco. Folks should not complain.

I hope not either. It's not a great look to offer something for sale and then give it away the next day, but in my opinion the only people that would have a pretty legitimate complaint would be the ones that bought her last star yesterday (or her fourth and did a DYC). On the flipside, those that bought her yesterday and did a DYC and do another DYC when they get her as a threshold would have a 4/5 for a pretty minimal amount of effort (and $75, which is more than I would ever spend, but I digress).

I strongly disliked and never intended to buy that offer yesterday, and I will be happy to have a copy for free tomorrow. It is perfectly reasonable to hold both those opinions simultaneously.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    My guess is the Killy offer was set to the wrong price and enough stupid people bought her at the $25 price that DB has now set all of these to the $25 price even though they used to be only $10. Then, the players were making the assumption that it was because she was not in the portal yet. Every time someone would say that I would just think how they are all now setting the new price for the offer. What do you know, we have now had 2 additional offers like it with the higher price. It's us players that have allowed DB to price it that way since it seems to be selling well enough that the price was never dropped back down to $9.99. I have had my in-app purchases turned off for a few months now and has significantly dropped the amount that I spend on the game. I locked those purchases because I was tired of giving DB as much as I had been, and that was an easy $300-400 a month. I am now only doing 40-80 a month and looking to dropping it even further.

I bought the Killy offer. She was a HUGE help in the last Skirmish. She'll be a help in Skirmishes to come. By "help" I mean she cut the ship battle times in half. To me, that was money well spent. Plus, I just like the character in the show.

This T'Pol deal - she'll help in one event for sure. Maybe a few in the future. Not worth $25 to me. I hope not many people bite on this. I'm more likely to take $10 offers and I would prefer to see them come back.
    Farewell 🖖
  • No one stopped to think she's $25 because she's an event character this week, that's, most likely, only available via the event packs?

I inferred those other packs, like Killy, were $25 because they're not in the time portal.

It's no skin off DB's back if you buy the packs or not. Nod himself said Elephant Martok was one of the highest selling packs to date, at the time, even though the community hated him. There's always gonna be people who buy an offer, cause they have more dollars than sense.

I mean, I agree with most of your post, BUT Mirror T'Pol has been in regular portal for a while...