Home The Bridge
Options

applause for DB and repeat reward structure

thanks DB for putting the repeated 5* into threshold rewards!
this is a great change (introduced with dancing Uhura a few months ago)

Comments

• Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wholeheartedly agree.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it too. Would hate to be one of those who had T’Pol 4/5 and bought a final star for her for $25 yesterday though.

Agreed, I wonder how many people bought the $25 deal and if they did how many tickets are going to be submitted for a refund.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thanks DB! Although you failed with Tyler, you more than made it up with Mirror T'Pol (the only bearable version of that Vulcan).

We really don't deserve your kind gestures, especially when I look at the toxic community in this forum Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thanks DB! Although you failed with Tyler, you more than made it up with Mirror T'Pol (the only bearable version of that Vulcan).

We really don't deserve your kind gestures, especially when I look at the toxic community in this forum Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

Toxic community? Have you been playing the game since Day One? VIP 14 at least thrice over?
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Passively engaging can also be avoided :) ˜Shan
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Credit where credit is due. Thank you DB, I now have a reason to play this event.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about this. I'll have to think about it.

Do a re-run of Battle of New York and put Yar or O'Brien in the thresholds. I think I might have some clarity after trying that.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Totally called it wrong and very happy to be so! I appreciate these legendaries in thresholds, they are a great opportunity for newer players to obtain a card and for older players to add stars. Not sure how appealing T'Pol is but I appreciate the gesture nevertheless! She does seem to have good gauntlet potential.

She still makes it onto my Guantlet crew when traits match up. She was very useful until Sarek showed up as a recurring legendary in the Mega. I have her at 3/5 so she compares well to most of the good 4/4 for voyages and makes it onto quite a few of them still.
  • Options
    Thanks DB for including the older 5* in event reward structure!!! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    Mirror T'Pol in the threshold is the only reason I'm playing this event. I have both Tuvok and Valeris FF/FE already, so I was ready to take a break. At least it will be a quick 100K and out.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I dunno about this. I'll have to think about it.

Do a re-run of Battle of New York and put Yar or O'Brien in the thresholds. I think I might have some clarity after trying that.

I am leaning on one of those two to put my Yar citations on so I wouldn't mind that idea one bit. 🙂
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best find space for a new ledge
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it too. Would hate to be one of those who had T’Pol 4/5 and bought a final star for her for $25 yesterday though.

The other side of the coin: Loyal souls like most here in the forum are rare in this and many games. Users come and go. Hence DB also agreed to a partnership to aquire new users last year. And since most longterm players also have no shortage on chrons, a deep crew etc. that offer had no value for most and they passed on it.

Different with new players: At the start they same as we were are short on everything. So maybe they liked T´Pol, got a kinda decent all around crew, some chrons they needed - and now as "bonus" can get a second copy during the event.

You can never please everyone in games (so those who did have her 4/5 and bought a further star are surely pissed), but what DB did here is a good thing for most players.
  • Options

The other side of the coin: Loyal souls like most here in the forum are rare in this and many games. Users come and go. Hence DB also agreed to a partnership to aquire new users last year. And since most longterm players also have no shortage on chrons, a deep crew etc. that offer had no value for most and they passed on it.

Different with new players: At the start they same as we were are short on everything. So maybe they liked T´Pol, got a kinda decent all around crew, some chrons they needed - and now as "bonus" can get a second copy during the event.

You can never please everyone in games (so those who did have her 4/5 and bought a further star are surely pissed), but what DB did here is a good thing for most players.

Well i dont think that lots of people bought the offer, on the thread dedicated to it everybody is saying how they wont buy it for $25...for once dbs idea to inflate the price actually saved them in a sense!
  • Options
    First, this is awesome. Well done DB. I do wonder if more 24.99 mirror t'pol would have sold though if people knew the plan in advance. For $75 you could have 4* with "double your crew". Way too rich for me, but some might have gone for it that passed.
  • Options
    thanks DB for putting the repeated 5* into threshold rewards!
    this is a great change (introduced with dancing Uhura a few months ago)

I agree / cool move B) and i'm looking really looking forward to clearing threshold rewards and earning another Mirror T'pol (great fun).
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Well i dont think that lots of people bought the offer, on the thread dedicated to it everybody is saying how they wont buy it for $25...for once dbs idea to inflate the price actually saved them in a sense!

Would that be this thread with 2K views and 80 comments? Somehow, I doubt that it accurately reflects the purchasing decisions of the approximately 68K other players who regularly participate in events (using Roonis’s 70K as a baseline).

I mean, someone sure as heck is buying the $25 cards, even if it’s not those 2K viewers or 80 commenters ... or me.
    🖖🏻
    P.S.: In the past 2 weeks, 92153 players competed in the Captain division of the Arena.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror T'Pol in the threshold is the only reason I'm playing this event. I have both Tuvok and Valeris FF/FE already, so I was ready to take a break. At least it will be a quick 100K and out.

Saaaame :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Thank you DB.

It’s good to get a chance to add stars on some of the old legendaries. I was planning to sit this event out (have Valeris in freezer), but will now at least play until thresholds. And then see whether it’s worth going for Sarek.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drat, it totally slipped my mind that they did this with Uhura before - I've got Val and Tuvok finished, I figured I'd sit this out and haven't saved a single chron this week. Oh well, good a time as any to use those voyage extenders lying around the inbox and get myself a little emergency chron haul for tomorrow.

Still though, even if it will have me scrambling a bit, good going from DB.
  • Options

Would that be this thread with 2K views and 80 comments? Somehow, I doubt that it accurately reflects the purchasing decisions of the approximately 68K other players who regularly participate in events (using Roonis’s 70K as a baseline).

I mean, someone sure as heck is buying the $25 cards, even if it’s not those 2K viewers or 80 commenters ... or me.
    🖖🏻
    P.S.: In the past 2 weeks, 92153 players competed in the Captain division of the Arena.

That is true, but i really dont think any sane person would do that, a noob maybe...
  • Options
    Nice move, DB! Thanks for the T'Pol! :smile:
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Db, well done;)
  • Options

🖖🏻

I'm always amused by the old "forum members don't represent the player base" comments.

Guess words and phrases like "microcosm" and "representative sample" can be tossed out and surveys and polls can go too. Which is fine by me. Hopefully the media can start covering cute puppies and kittens during elections instead of telling us what polls show.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    As a newer player I am happy they are making this effort to add legendaries into rewards more often.
    Timing of the offer was a bit silly though because it kept everyone guessing whether she'd be in rank rewards or not - and considering recent mishaps and the price I do think they are missing a trick, like including a 2 copies for 20 or 30 and 2 event packs in the portal offers - I wonder how many would bite on that kind of offer.

I get that DB are here to make money but if they actually use logical exploits especially if they are trying to drum up new takers into spending their money then this would be the way to go. It could easily help ensure longevity of the game at least for the moment.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    Now this is what i call brilliant. Galaxy events are the ugliest of events. Adding an old semi usefull gold to the rewards will have everybody playing and feeling happy about it! No power creep and a big boost for newbies. This was well thought